Panzer Meyer Vehicle (1 Viewer)

erniesstudio

Private 2
Could it be possible on advise if the the 4 figures inside are detachable from the vehicle, regards ernie..:)

Well, I could guess that the driver is attached to his chair, and that Meyer, who's leaning out of is his vehicle, can be removed. But I wouldn't know if the two radio operators could be removed...

Joey said:
Well, I could guess that the driver is attached to his chair, and that Meyer, who's leaning out of is his vehicle, can be removed. But I wouldn't know if the two radio operators could be removed...

That would be consistent with the Greif - which this resembles in many respects. I suspect the operators are not removable for the same reason.

From the information on the new D-Day Ambulance Jeep, everything is permanently attached except two strechers, I think this is a new trend in K&C vehicles that I don't like very much. I would rather have the option of displaying them the way I like and not the way that they are attached. I like to mix-up my displays so that I can get an opportunity to see it in a different light, so-to-speak.

sceic2 said:
From the information on the new D-Day Ambulance Jeep, everything is permanently attached except two strechers, I think this is a new trend in K&C vehicles that I don't like very much. I would rather have the option of displaying them the way I like and not the way that they are attached. I like to mix-up my displays so that I can get an opportunity to see it in a different light, so-to-speak.

Ditto from me, I love to be able to swap figures for display and in vehicles
Ray

How in the world are these vehicles with fixed figures going to survive shipping? I can't imagine that figures sticking up or out won't be damaged in transit. And I agree, its much more fun to be able to use figures as you like in a display. Sometimes a figure in a specific position from a vehicle looks great in a building or other odd place in a diorama. A few examples are the commander from the Greyhound Armored car, leaning on the turret edge, which looks great leaning out a window sill in a building, or the paratrooper lounging in the back of the Arnhem Bren Gun carrier, which looks great balanced on the slanted roof of a house in a street fight diorama. It would stink if they came attached to the vehicles.

The Bren Gun carrier and the Greif are like this and I had no trouble with them. I've asked Andy if all of these figures are removable. Let you know when I get an answer.

Louis Badolato said:
How in the world are these vehicles with fixed figures going to survive shipping? I can't imagine that figures sticking up or out won't be damaged in transit. And I agree, its much more fun to be able to use figures as you like in a display. Sometimes a figure in a specific position from a vehicle looks great in a building or other odd place in a diorama. A few examples are the commander from the Greyhound Armored car, leaning on the turret edge, which looks great leaning out a window sill in a building, or the paratrooper lounging in the back of the Arnhem Bren Gun carrier, which looks great balanced on the slanted roof of a house in a street fight diorama. It would stink if they came attached to the vehicles.

I agree with Louis

Carlos

Probably if the figures were removable then they would be 1/32 or smaller.

If the figures are not removable, you really can't claim the set comes with

6 figures......for $199 I would hope you get 6 full sized figures or perhaps

a brick to smack yourself on the head with.

Njja:D

Alex,

That doesn't really make any sense. How could you have 1/32 figures with a 1/30 commander and a1/30 vehicle? :confused:

I don't think that is something Andy would do.

Does this make sense.

Attachments

• size2.jpg
    size2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 128
It's apples and oranges, putting figures from different sets together so that doesn't prove whatever point you're trying to make. Further to the point, if you compare that Paratrooper to every figure in the AK or EA ranges, he's much bigger. The Para is probably 65 versus 60 for the others. In addition, this particular Para is bigger than other Para's although there appear to be some exceptions. Why the size difference? Don't ask me. However, Andy has said that just as in real life people have different heights, so do his military miniatures.

Alexdakar said:
Does this make sense.

Hi
I tihnk your right their ,even allowing for height differences etc the rommel figure is clearly a smaller scale,I stood mine next to a britains figure and it matched very well.

Both King and Country and Britains on occassion have different sized figures. I've said earlier that the Britains WWII Artillery figures are the same size as the regular K & C figures, so you can't be surprised that K & C aren't consistent. I suspect both companies contract much of their work out to other manufacturers and sometimes things just don't go to plan.

I would prefer the figures were separate, however as intimated earlier, that can make packaging more difficult because of the extra space and or padding required. I guess the best compromise would be to glue them in with an adhesive that would hold them in place yet allow them to be removed without damaging the figure or vehicle.

vandilay said:
Hi
I tihnk your right their ,even allowing for height differences etc the rommel figure is clearly a smaller scale,I stood mine next to a britains figure and it matched very well.

If you take the time to look at that figure versus other figures, the figure that Alex used appears to be an aberration. That figure is almost 70 mm. A more typical figure comes out to around 65 mm, including AK and EA figures. The Rommel figure is a little smaller around 63mm or so but then he is not standing fully erect. The Britains figures that I have are true 54. So getting back to the original point, that Para is not the correct figure in which to compare Rommel against. You need to use other AK figures. As first indicated, it's apples and oranges.

jazzeum said:
If you take the time to look at that figure versus other figures, the figure that Alex used appears to be an aberration. That figure is almost 70 mm. A more typical figure comes out to around 65 mm, including AK and EA figures. The Rommel figure is a little smaller around 63mm or so but then he is not standing fully erect. The Britains figures that I have are true 54. So getting back to the original point, that Para is not the correct figure in which to compare Rommel against. You need to use other AK figures. As first indicated, it's apples and oranges.

Hi
I take your point about the airbourne figure,But even comparing him to other K and C figures i have [i must have too much time on my hands today]
I feel he is still a smaller scale [taking into account scale is not only height but the overall dimensions of a figure].

cheers Rob

Speaking of scale variances, I was suprised when i put my HJB 250 next to the Greif and the HJB was a noticably bigger profile,Taller.
Ray

vandilay said:
Hi
Is this figure the same scale as the vehicle it comes with?

OzDigger said:
Both King and Country and Britains on occassion have different sized figures. I've said earlier that the Britains WWII Artillery figures are the same size as the regular K & C figures, so you can't be surprised that K & C aren't consistent. I suspect both companies contract much of their work out to other manufacturers and sometimes things just don't go to plan.

I would prefer the figures were separate, however as intimated earlier, that can make packaging more difficult because of the extra space and or padding required. I guess the best compromise would be to glue them in with an adhesive that would hold them in place yet allow them to be removed without damaging the figure or vehicle.

Hi,
About the size difference. The explanation from Andy that figures differ as do people in real life, is an explanation that could not be the real reason to my opinion. Bringing back such a differences on scale is a question of a few mm. Some figures have a difference of more than 12 mm to 15 mm! I believe most collectors want the same lenght. I believe Andy has created for commercial reasons a new scale under the toy soldiers manufacturers. Not only give bigger soldiers more details as the usual 54 mm but you also create a new group of customers that will stick on your product. So it fits more in the commercial strategy to keep a clear size in the whole collection. For me the only explanation could be that several artists are sculpting the models. If you see the quantity of new figures, it's hard to believe all this stuff is still Andy's work from the start until the endproduct.
Now my question to the forum: are there collectors that can support my theorie: can you see the hand of different sculptors in the figures? Are there differences between the ranges? I 'm wondering what reactions we will get.
Eddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back