Poll: Would You Like King and Country To Make War Birds Again? (1 Viewer)

Would You Like King and Country To Start Making War Birds Again?

• Yes

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent commented much id realy like to see warbirds made with ground crews. i would buy every plane k@c makes.i buy everything they make anyway. i dont no how to get on poll so my vote is yes.

Personally I do see merit in appropriate and well detailed aircraft models as I have a good collection of diecast aircraft models, but none in 1/30 - 1/32 scale. The main reason being that most of the current larger models are based on fighters that imo are hard to fit into armor or even figure dioramas and displays.

Some that I feel would be popular are: Fiesler Storch, Westland Lysander, US Austers etc, DC-3/Dakota, any glider.

However I would be inclined to make them in 1/32 scale to broaden their appeal to a wider audience. I usually like models to be the same scale but I feel aircraft models tend to look oversize against armor in the same scale. In 1/32 scale they would be near enough for most 1/30 collectors and take up less room than a 1/30 version.

I hope we see some of these from K & C in larger production runs: Fiesler Storch, Westland Lysander, US Austers etc, DC-3/Dakota, any glider.

Great list. Add some ground crews and I'll have to buy some more armor and troops to protect my airfields!

Ground crews, etc. is something that has been suggested to King and Country several times and something which I think they'd like to make.

As far as lists of aircraft, Andy always likes to hear people's suggestions for aircraft. Doesn't mean he'll agree with them but he's come up with several different ones such as the Whirlwind and the forthcoming Henshel bi plane.

I don't know what it is but i don't bother looking at other manufacturers planes as nobody seems to make them like k&C or maybe I am obsessed like I said earlier. Shame they are not cheaper as I don't buy many for that very reason, knock them down $200 and I could justify it.

The market for more affordable warbirds, as well as ground crew and related vehicles is clearly there . . . when have you ever seen Andy fail to fill a viable niche in this market? I would be absolutely shocked if K&C did not have affordable warbirds (probably polystone, as that's what their factories have affordably and successfully produced in the past - trying to find a factory that would make affordable wood or metal warbirds seems to be K&C's present problem) along with groundcrew, pilots, bomber aircrew and related vehicles, including ambulances, fuel bowsers, firetrucks and utility vehicles available before the end of 2008.

The market for more affordable warbirds, as well as ground crew and related vehicles is clearly there . . . when have you ever seen Andy fail to fill a viable niche in this market? I would be absolutely shocked if K&C did not have affordable warbirds (probably polystone, as that's what their factories have affordably and successfully produced in the past - trying to find a factory that would make affordable wood or metal warbirds seems to be K&C's present problem) along with groundcrew, pilots, bomber aircrew and related vehicles, including ambulances, fuel bowsers, firetrucks and utility vehicles available before the end of 2008.

AMEN Brother! Please make it so! Throw us a bone in the aviation sector please.

Attacking Now,
Beaufighter

Whatever the poll says......please can I have one like this

Attachments

• IMG_0191red.jpg
    IMG_0191red.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 185
Of all the Warbirds, I have, the Typhoon is my favorite, one of the best so far.

It Would Be Great To Have A Ju 52 To Go With Our Figures That Is Reasonably Priced. 300-400 Range

Yes, they have. If you go to Bill Sager's site, he has a bunch of them listed.

Here are some examples of WW I planes K & C has made,

Albatross DV III
De Havilland Tiger Moth
Gloster Gladiator
Sopwith Pup and Sopwith Camel
Fokker Triplane with Aces Immelman and Von Richtofen

Attachments

• Albatross DV III.jpg
    Albatross DV III.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 158
  • De Haviland Tiger Moth.jpg
    De Haviland Tiger Moth.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Gloster Gladiator.jpg
    Gloster Gladiator.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Sopwith Pup and Sopwith Camel.jpg
    Sopwith Pup and Sopwith Camel.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Fokker Triplane with Aces Immelman and Von Richtofen.jpg
    Fokker Triplane with Aces Immelman and Von Richtofen.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 146
The K&C collection of warplanes is certainly very nice, quite a few hand-carved and all, but main sticking point is of course the price.. One Focke Wulfe would be approx = to 30 figures! Not saying I would buy, but would be nice to see a revamped range of fighter pilots/crew to go alongside the respective planes as well..

Major Major,

I think the new FOB RAF Sergeant might be the beginnings of good things to come on this subject. Oh, and by the way, how is Yosarian?

Yosarian is in trouble as usual, about to be stabbed by Nateley's lady friend.

I think a cool one to have would be Goering and his Albatross. That was when he was actually a pilot and not a drug laced lunatic.

Obviously I vote for it in polystone so that it is within my budget.

What do you all think on that one?

Tom

Yosarian is in trouble as usual, about to be stabbed by Nateley's lady friend.

Don't you love the old italian man with Nateley's whore who drives him crazy by asking if the United States will last as long as the humble frog, which has been around for millions of years . . .:p

I think a cool one to have would be Goering and his Albatross. That was when he was actually a pilot and not a drug laced lunatic.

Obviously I vote for it in polystone so that it is within my budget.

What do you all think on that one?

Tom

I don't know if a bi-plane can be done in polystone. Maybe instead of an Albatross, a polystone Fokker "Eindekker" could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back