Pondering on the Best Sherman (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,

I'm contemplating the purchase of a new Sherman and was wondering on your views of K&C's Sherman tanks.

Here's a few of the more recent models, most of which are still available:

• BBA054 Battle of the Bulge Easy-Eight
  • DD179 Easy-Eight
  • DD261 Oddball's Tank
  • DD279 Fury
Do any of these stand out for you? Would be really interested in hearing your perspectives on this bunch of Shermans.

I picked the Fury WO, based on I thought it was well kitted out. Not a big Sherman fan, so it had to stand out for me and this one qualified. Robin.

Rob mate, I have the BBA Easy Eight, Fury and DD179 Easy Eight and I like the BBA Easy Eight and Fury equally as they are both nicely detailed models. I'm also not a Sherman fan but those 2 tanks stand out for me.

Tom

What I read here an Israeli Sherman is coming from K&C

Might want to wait.... {sm4}

I was debating the same thing a little while back and went with DD179. I am very pleased with it. Very nice amount of detail on the model but it's not so specific as to pigeon hole it into one particular unit or timeframe. It can be used anywhere from the Bulge since the 4th Armored was using the first Easy Eights there to the end of the war. Don't think you can make a wrong decision though. All depends on how you want to display or use it.

I have both K&C Easy Eights and I prefer Fury which has more gear stowage typical of late war Shermans....
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4082 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_4082 (1024x768).jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 450
I picked three shermans from that list, the BOB easy eight, Odball's sherman and the DDay's easy eight. I also have an old sherman, the DD045.

In my opinion, i elect the Odball's as my favorite one......it's a particular tank with some comic details, especially the loudspeakrs....{sm4}

Althought my preferences goes for the german panzers.....some of this models, produced by K&C are really great , to say the least...

Of course Oddballs is the best and my favorite! Were there truly any others??????^&grin

TD

I only have a couple K&C Shermans but my favorite is DD45A with the 105mm gun. Probably available on ebay. Chris

I only have a couple K&C Shermans but my favorite is DD45A with the 105mm gun. Probably available on ebay. Chris

The DD045 Sherman 105 is available on ebay....prepare to pay at least US 350

It's the fetisch of american colectores...lol

If anyone has a interest in DD-045 WHO RESIDES in the states FOR $200 Please contact me! Shipping is extra!

The DD045 Sherman 105 is available on ebay....prepare to pay at least US 350

It's the fetisch of american colectores...lol

There are a few DD045 listed for sale at $295 recently lowered to $250 - but no sales at those prices.There is only one recent sale and it was at $178.

Terry

DD 179 is my choice as I like to detail a tank myself and this version comes without all the add on kit. The DD 027 is too small for the figures. The DD 261 figures are too small for the tank. DD 179 & 279 are just right for the figures and are very realistic IMO. The BoB E8 is good but I am not a fan of Winter Camouflage, as it limits where the tank can be used. Plus you can always add chalk powder for Winter and blow it off if you change the setting.

I do not have any of the K&C Shermans but must say I really like the looks of the Fury tank, detail looks very well done and weathering as well.

Excellent comments/feedback everyone! Thanks for sharing your various views on this little Sherman assortment. Sounds like many of you esp. like Fury which I like as well. Also can't go wrong with the traditional Easy Eight. I've been looking at Oddball's closely. In fact, I threw in the Kelly's Heroes DVD this evening. It is a great movie but that's a whole other topic.

I'm definitely enjoying my modest D-Day US collection as of late (darn that Dodge Truck!) Still debating my next add-on. There's a few classic figures I like as well.

Great discussion and thanks again for sharing your comments!

Great hobby and great people here on Treefrog! :salute::

Last edited:
Agree my fave too.

000_3476_zps36006ff2.jpg

000_3477_zps0b9ff91a.jpg

000_3478_zpsf36a71a0.jpg

000_3481_zpsb4bcfdd2.jpg

000_3475_zpsaf5b9a26.jpg

I think between K&C Sherman's and Tiger I's it's easy to trace an evolution and see the improvements made in sculpting and painting. We've seen most of the variations of that chassis produced too, whether they be SP howitzers, Tank Destroyers, and even allied variants. I mentioned elsewhere that I'd like to see a desert/8th Army variant and a recovery vehicle (like we saw the in the Bergepanther model).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back