PRE-SHOW RELEASE - Tropical 88 & Prime Mover (2 Viewers)

That has been discussed but some believe it would just put the entire set 88, prime mover and riders (if produced) at a price that is just not on par with the average collectors budget. My feelings on that is I would snatch up the riders, if you can't afford all three then just get the 2 and pick up the riders down the road.

my thoughts as well.
and if the long awaited panzer IV comes along it will be a terrific day indeed.:D

my thoughts as well.
and if the long awaited panzer IV comes along it will be a terrific day indeed.:D

I missed out on the winter panzer IV, That looked like a terrific piece. Hopefully in the not so distant future I'll see one for purchase somewhere.

Don't collect this sort of stuff, but my god what a level of detail! :eek: Very impressive models. :)

Jeff

Where are these being pre-ordered from? Dont see them on TF or Sierra Toy Soldiers.

From the sounds of it, Rick said he shipped them yesterday to Chicago for the show? So I guess these will be like the Lee, Grant and desert Panzer IV's that were at the show last year and Matt will give them out to the Figarti dealers at the show perhaps?

I'm somewhat confused myself and Matt does not know either, so I guess we'll see.

Regards,
George Guerriero
Minutemen Toy Soldiers

I wonder if a Normandy version is in the works as well.

This tropical 88 looks pure Afrika Korps, despite it being shown on the Hobby Bunker site as a Normandy version. What is really significant, is that it is not the same version of 88 as the Winter version with just a different paint job. It is a different model of the 88. Several of the gun components are different. The gun sights are the more advanced optical sights in glass cases and the gun carriage is also a different version which on this model comes apart to allow the gun to be ground stabilized for a lower profile.

And yes, I cut into the 2011 budget and ordered them.

I swear if Rick also comes out with a Normandy 88 and Prime Mover, I will resist buying it.:eek:

Terry

Where are these being pre-ordered from? Dont see them on TF or Sierra Toy Soldiers.

They are on the Hobby Bunker site for pre-order, or e-mail Treefrog and pre-order or e-mail any of the regular Figarti dealers you buy from.

Terry

Wow! Not the 2010 budget but the 2011. I'm probably in the same boat. However I'll be willing to bet if Rick comes out with a Normandy version you won't be able to resist :D

I wonder if its called tropical to cover a few bases,the uniforms do not look the classic AK uniforms do they,more Italian front.Very nice model though,but its the Brit/US Armour i'm after.

Rob

Wow! Not the 2010 budget but the 2011. I'm probably in the same boat. However I'll be willing to bet if Rick comes out with a Normandy version you won't be able to resist :D

I think I will because he will have come out with something I want even more.

Terry

This one looks Italian Front to me too.
Somebody with more knowledge of Italian camo than me could probably date that pattern on the trousers.
Overall though it doesn't quite look Afrika Korps somehow.
Maybe like John Gambale would request - there should be some shirtless guys or figures wearing vests maybe for it to look more classic DAK?

This one looks Italian Front to me too.
Somebody with more knowledge of Italian camo than me could probably date that pattern on the trousers.
Overall though it doesn't quite look Afrika Korps somehow.
Maybe like John Gambale would request - there should be some shirtless guys or figures wearing vests maybe for it to look more classic DAK?

That is probably why Figarti called it Tropical. It could easily be Italian, but it is going with my AK dioramas anyway. :eek::cool:

I can't keep buying 88s. I have 2 different K&C 88s and now 2 different Figartis.

Terry

That is probably why Figarti called it Tropical. It could easily be Italian, but it is going with my AK dioramas anyway. :eek::cool:

I can't keep buying 88s. I have 2 different K&C 88s and now 2 different Figartis.

Terry

Me too i have the K&C Normandy one plus the one mounted on the flakvehicle and the Figarti Winter one. Gotta draw a line somewhere!
But i bet when i see this new Tropical one in real life it will be hard to resist.

Me too i have the K&C Normandy one plus the one mounted on the flakvehicle and the Figarti Winter one. Gotta draw a line somewhere!
But i bet when i see this new Tropical one in real life it will be hard to resist.

Then I guess we will have exactly the same 4 88s :p:D:D

Terry

Then I guess we will have exactly the same 4 88s :p:D:D

Terry

Which is your favourite?
I love the figarti 88 as i've wanted a Winter 88 for a long time plus it's incredibly detailed.
However I have a real soft spot for the K&C Normandy one. I have it displayed with the crew and the Prime Mover with it's occupants.
It's just such a colourful scene that attracts my eye everytime i enter the room!
Most of all the K&C 88 was the first K&C piece I bought so it'll always have that certain something!

Which is your favourite?
I love the figarti 88 as i've wanted a Winter 88 for a long time plus it's incredibly detailed.
However I have a real soft spot for the K&C Normandy one. I have it displayed with the crew and the Prime Mover with it's occupants.
It's just such a colourful scene that attracts my eye everytime i enter the room!
Most of all the K&C 88 was the first K&C piece I bought so it'll always have that certain something!

The K&C Normandy one with the crew and the Prime Mover with it's occupants was my first 88 but I think the Figarti Tropical will match it. It is so hard to pick favourites.

Terry

As with drug dealers being around schools, Rick Wang & Figarti should not be allowed within 1000 feet of a toy soldier collector!
He is killing the budget with these sudden releases and the fact so few are made.
I,ve learned a long time ago to not use that "I,ll buy it later" philosophy, because more times than not you will be caught in short pants!
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back