PRE-SHOW RELEASE - Tropical 88 & Prime Mover (3 Viewers)

Personally, I think that a run of 100 of anything is "too small".....As an initial release 100 is ok but if it sells out almost immediately.....a second run of 50 or so would be reasonable to meet collector demand.....This would give folks a chance to make a purchase...and still catchup economically......BUT ESPECIALLY this re-release of a "second run" would halt the speculators from hording and re-selling for inflated prices on secondary markets like e-bay...IMO

Personally, I think that a run of 100 of anything is "too small".....As an initial release 100 is ok but if it sells out almost immediately.....a second run of 50 or so would be reasonable to meet collector demand.....This would give folks a chance to make a purchase...and still catchup economically......BUT ESPECIALLY this re-release of a "second run" would halt the speculators from hording and re-selling for inflated prices on secondary markets like e-bay...IMO

I think that is an excellent idea. A stated first edition of 100 with a pre-stated 2nd edition of up to 100 should demand warrant it. That way the pieces could still be numbered x of y.

Terry

I think that is an excellent idea. A stated first edition of 100 with a pre-stated 2nd edition of up to 100 should demand warrant it. That way the pieces could still be numbered x of y.

Terry

the problem is that the 2nd edition will become more valuable than the first. The first edition owners will be describing all the mistakes that get fixed in the second run!:p

No the 2nd edition must be identical to the first run in every way.....Thus all will be equally valuable;)

I may somewhat agree, with having a second run.If I was Rick, I will only do a preordered amount. No excess production. You have seen what it looks like, How great it looks. Its here, But You have to get it now. None of this I will wait, Because something else might be better, next month. Get it now or Lose.
As a collector, The value that I paid for it. must never diminish. none of this 10 percent off to 50 percent off. because there is an overproduction. make enough to make people happy. But limit the time it is available (2 months). And its gone. If I can not afford it now or within two months. Then I lose.
What some people do not understand, is the higher the production, the greater chance, that there will be an over saturation of a piece. the higher the production, the higher the production costs. and now because there will be extra costs. on a possible over saturation. The price goes higher, for us.
This is a great hobby to have, But if somehow. I get stumped on something I really like. By the price when Its attainable. then I should not have this hobby.

I may somewhat agree, with having a second run.If I was Rick, I will only do a preordered amount. No excess production. You have seen what it looks like, How great it looks. Its here, But You have to get it now. None of this I will wait, Because something else might be better, next month. Get it now or Lose.
As a collector, The value that I paid for it. must never diminish. none of this 10 percent off to 50 percent off. because there is an overproduction. make enough to make people happy. But limit the time it is available (2 months). And its gone. If I can not afford it now or within two months. Then I lose.
What some people do not understand, is the higher the production, the greater chance, that there will be an over saturation of a piece. the higher the production, the higher the production costs. and now because there will be extra costs. on a possible over saturation. The price goes higher, for us.
This is a great hobby to have, But if somehow. I get stumped on something I really like. By the price when Its attainable. then I should not have this hobby.

Well said i agree "BUT" would of loved a second run of the V1 series but slowly i have found the pieces i wanted and the hunt was half the fun

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I understand your position.....but I still believe 100 of an item is too small a production run..........a re-release in limited amounts (as demand warrants) say 25-50 within 2-3months of the original release would give most collectors a chance to make their purchases in a "reasonable amount of time" say within 1-6 months of a item's release and would not result in loss of value.........It would eliminate "PANIC BUYING"........&.....MORE IMPORTANTLY.......It would eliminate or deter the hording of products by individuals for resale on e-bay at inflated ridiculous prices.........I must say that K/C at least allows a reasonable amount of time for a product to be available before retirement and this has NOT resulted in higher prices.......(Thank you Andy for a great product and production policy)....Just my opinion and view-point on this matter......Respectfully Vezzolf

I just saw this picture of the tropical 88 on Grey Goose's website. Forgive me for the poor quality of the pic but I was impressed with the positioning of the gun and how it uncouples from the trailers.

Carlos

Picture1.jpg

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I understand your position.....but I still believe 100 of an item is too small a production run..........a re-release in limited amounts (as demand warrants) say 25-50 within 2-3months of the original release would give most collectors a chance to make their purchases in a "reasonable amount of time" say within 1-6 months of a item's release and would not result in loss of value.........It would eliminate "PANIC BUYING"........&.....MORE IMPORTANTLY.......It would eliminate or deter the hording of products by individuals for resale on e-bay at inflated ridiculous prices.........I must say that K/C at least allows a reasonable amount of time for a product to be available before retirement and this has NOT resulted in higher prices.......(Thank you Andy for a great product and production policy)....Just my opinion and view-point on this matter......Respectfully Vezzolf

I agree and disagree, I hate being forced to make a decision in days, so as to panic buying, I agree. As to ebay, I think that is basic capitalism, while missing an item sucks personally, it sure doesn't hurt the hobby for the prices on stuff to jump! The K&C of old (vintage pieces) is still hanging pretty high and that is good news to those of us with vintage collections. The newer stuff not so much, that may be bad news if you are forced to sell or your kids want to sell, the price appreciation is much more selective pieces now.

SO, all good points, but as with everything, there are a number of ways to look at this>

TD

It also depends on whether a model has that little extra voomah or sex appeal. The 88's seem to have hit the old collecting G spot, however the AK Panzer and the WInter Panzer a Lee Recovery tank and a few other sets still seem to be listed on dealers websites. So it is a bit hard to predict what is going to be sold out and what is not even at 100 pieces.

It also depends on whether a model has that little extra voomah or sex appeal. The 88's seem to have hit the old collecting G spot, however the AK Panzer and the WInter Panzer a Lee Recovery tank and a few other sets still seem to be listed on dealers websites. So it is a bit hard to predict what is going to be sold out and what is not even at 100 pieces.

It's not easy to predict all winners, but when many people on the forum have been repeatedly asking for certain mainstream models for a a number of years, it is likely those will sell out fast. The Firefly and 88 are certainly at the head of the list. North Afrika is one of the most popular series. I'm sure there are other models that predictably would sell out 100 very quickly. A Flackpanzer may be one. A desert Sherman certainly would. I bet the rocket firing 251 will sell fast.

Anyone else think of sure fires winners at 100 produced?

Terry

Cheers:

Where do you see a Figarti Winter Panzer listed that is actually available? I looked for months (world-wide) for one before Matt from de Bunker was able to help out. Thanks as I had wanted to pick up another set for a diorama.

Tally Ho!

Cheers:

Where do you see a Figarti Winter Panzer listed that is actually available? I looked for months (world-wide) for one before Matt from de Bunker was able to help out. Thanks as I had wanted to pick up another set for a diorama.

Tally Ho!
I stand to be corrected but I saw it for quite a while on MTS. I think the AK panzer is still listed on Crossroads.
I agree with Terry that a Desert Sherman would probably sell quite quickly.

Cheers:

Tally Ho!

I looked for months as well before Matt found a few and got one from him as well. And were more than 100 made? The DAK Panzer IV is still available, but I don't know how many were made and I am not removing it from the display to look underneath to see. :) And I do not consider tank recovery vehicles mainstream - I don't think any of them have sold all that quickly.

Terry

http://www.crossroadsdiecast.com/fiuwowariiso.html

Listed on Crossroads
AK Panzer
V2 Control vehicle
Both Storches.

Monty's Grant
Sherman Firefly
LRDG 1:30 both versions

M3 Lee
M3 Lee Recovery vehicle

Sorry guys no Winter Panzer but still available some sets which I would have thought would be sell outs.
I agree that anything German does not seem to hang about.
When Rick started out he did not limit numbers and the net result was that there was stuff on sale all over the place. SO he deliberately decided on a limited approach. I seem to remeber reading that somewhere on this forum.
If he starts to hit home runs maybe he will increase the initial runs.

http://www.crossroadsdiecast.com/fiuwowariiso.html

Listed on Crossroads
AK Panzer
V2 Control vehicle
Both Storches.

Monty's Grant
Sherman Firefly
LRDG 1:30 both versions

M3 Lee
M3 Lee Recovery vehicle

Sorry guys no Winter Panzer but still available some sets which I would have thought would be sell outs.
I agree that anything German does not seem to hang about.
When Rick started out he did not limit numbers and the net result was that there was stuff on sale all over the place. SO he deliberately decided on a limited approach. I seem to remeber reading that somewhere on this forum.
If he starts to hit home runs maybe he will increase the initial runs.

The Firefly is sold out on Crossroads. They and other dealers don't always quickly update (remove) product photos, but if you click on the order button, the shopping cart will tell you it is unavailable. Occasionally I have tried to order an older item which does show up in the shopping cart only to be told it is sold out.

The only other item on your list I would have expected to sell out is Monty's Grant - but it has been discussed on this forum as being very fragile, and it was relatively expensive at $279 vs $229 for the sold out Priest.

I know this is off the beaten track but im So looking forward to this tank,and i dont even collect Allied armour........:eek:

Attachments

• yhst-94511236631939_2071_46453346.gif
    yhst-94511236631939_2071_46453346.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back