PRE-SHOW RELEASE - Tropical 88 & Prime Mover (1 Viewer)

Well, with the Figarti Releases being so limited in numbers, It has put a lot thinking on the way I buy, before it was K&C first, Figarti second. But now with the extremely great releases, with Figarti. I have to think more of buying them first, and K&C second because they retire theirs in a year or two, so no great pressure in getting them as soon as Its released ( except for maybe the hurricane that is being released by K&C in October.). I just hope K&C does not limit their runs on their releases to less than 250. Or we are all in trouble :eek::)

Well, with the Figarti Releases being so limited in numbers, It has put a lot thinking on the way I buy, before it was K&C first, Figarti second. But now with the extremely great releases, with Figarti. I have to think more of buying them first, and K&C second because they retire theirs in a year or two, so no great pressure in getting them as soon as Its released ( except for maybe the hurricane that is being released by K&C in October.). I just hope K&C does not limit their runs on their releases to less than 250. Or we are all in trouble :eek::)

The Figartis have more detail but are more fragile and more expensive than the comparable K&C model. I think the problem is not having had so much choice as collectors until recently. As Figarti releases more of these small production runs and collectors become used to them, I don't think they will instantly sell out as a few have. Some will duplicate a K&C piece or be a version similar to one Figarti has already done. And with the cost of so many models becoming available, most collectors will have to become more selective just due to budget. I find I am having to completely avoid some WW2 ranges and focus only on my favourite ranges.

Terry

As far as Duplications with certain pieces with K&C, I have 3 K&C shermans(sandbagged, 105, british sherman), and I have The Firefly, and the sherman forders(sept). I think it still will sell if figarti makes a copy of anything especially if its a limited run). Of course it would be nice to have a Normandy Panzer 4, An allied halftrack(which I think this range really, really needs). Out of all the shermans, Firefly and Sandbagged are my favorites.

one thing for certain now, i'm even more excited and intrigued what figarti has in store at the show. we have been getting a few allied tanks recently so i think it'll swing back to german armour.:p

one thing for certain now, i'm even more excited and intrigued what figarti has in store at the show. we have been getting a few allied tanks recently so i think it'll swing back to german armour.:p

Rick said he still has some pre-show releases so we're just getting started here. So it's not over yet Hang on!

Here is the deal..
They are available for pre-order through me or your local dealer. There will be a handful of them for sale at the show through Hobby Bunker. The bulk of the shipment has just left China and will be available around the end of September. Also in the shipment will a few more items that Rick will announce in due time.

So if you want to secure the 88 or primemover email me at matt@hobbybunker.com or contact your usual dealer. These are limited and will be allocated to dealers.

Here is the deal..
They are available for pre-order through me or your local dealer. There will be a handful of them for sale at the show through Hobby Bunker. The bulk of the shipment has just left China and will be available around the end of September. Also in the shipment will a few more items that Rick will announce in due time.

So if you want to secure the 88 or primemover email me at matt@hobbybunker.com or contact your usual dealer. These are limited and will be allocated to dealers.

:confused::eek::p:):D

That has been discussed but some believe it would just put the entire set 88, prime mover and riders (if produced) at a price that is just not on par with the average collectors budget. My feelings on that is I would snatch up the riders, if you can't afford all three then just get the 2 and pick up the riders down the road.

Honestly, the prime move and 88 set by themselves are not on par with the average collector's budget (in Canadian dollars they total over $500!!). So I'm not sure another $100 for a rider set would be much of an obstacle to those (certainly not me) who can afford these sets already. For some, money is no object. For everyone else there's reality.

Anyway, a question to anyone who has the winter 88: can you also take off the wheels as shown here with the tropical version? This is simply to satisfy my curiosity about sets I'll never own.

Honestly, the prime move and 88 set by themselves are not on par with the average collector's budget (in Canadian dollars they total over $500!!). So I'm not sure another $100 for a rider set would be much of an obstacle to those (certainly not me) who can afford these sets already. For some, money is no object. For everyone else there's reality.

Anyway, a question to anyone who has the winter 88: can you also take off the wheels as shown here with the tropical version? This is simply to satisfy my curiosity about sets I'll never own.

No the transport carriage cannot be separated in the winter version.

Here is the deal..

Now this is what i wanted to hear!.Maybe another Brit/Commonwealth AFV?.:)

Rob

And what about us poor people who cant make the show ?????

Wayne,there are normally several guys who do a wonderful job of taking pics in Chicago,so we get to see some of the stuff on show.

Rob

what do you desire rob? (jennifer aniston excluding)

Hey Nasir,most of all i'd like to see a Churchill Crocodile or any of Hobarts funnies, a Sherman Calliope would also be very welcome.

Rob

Hey Nasir,most of all i'd like to see a Churchill Crocodile or any of Hobarts funnies, a Sherman Calliope would also be very welcome.

Rob

a churchill crocodile is interesting.
if churchill it is, i prefer to see a Churchill AVRE

a churchill crocodile is interesting.
if churchill it is, i prefer to see a Churchill AVRE

Yes an AVRE would be a nice release,any of these Tanks that played their part would be something a little different from the norm,there are still a lot of AFV's out there to be made.I hope the two main producers continue to explore some of these Tanks.

Rob

Yes an AVRE would be a nice release,any of these Tanks that played their part would be something a little different from the norm,there are still a lot of AFV's out there to be made.I hope the two main producers continue to explore some of these Tanks.

Rob

true but hopefully not Churchill Kangaroo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back