progress of my work (1 Viewer)

To end this year 2011:
The assaulting columns Austrian and Prussian shake up the French and reach the gates of .............^&confuse
Some pictures of the rest of my diorama work in progress.
Still many details to add. :)
Happy new year to all:salute:::salute::

Really, really very nicely created . . . . just brilliant and certainly is pleasing to the viewer's eye. I really like how you "inset" the figures bases into your ground work. Your city wall and shown building are just fantastic looking and very realistic in appearance.
:) Mike

To end this year 2011:
The assaulting columns Austrian and Prussian shake up the French and reach the gates of .............^&confuse
Some pictures of the rest of my diorama work in progress.
Still many details to add. :)
Happy new year to all:salute:::salute::

That is GREAT {bravo}}
Bonne Année my friend Gebhard

Well, I can't add a comment in French, so sorry to break the chain.....:tongue: Anyway, these pics are outstanding! The realism you capture is just superb and I might say these are the best pics you have posted yet. Which is saying a lot!

Noah

Mon ami simply superb, matches with the best out there.
Merci for posting your creations.

Excellent work, Guy. I agree with mike: incorporating the figure base into the diorama base is really your hallmark and distinguishes your work from everybody else's.

Hello everyone and thank you for your congratulations.
I posted to end the year and today I post to start 2012!:eek::eek:
As I progress on my current job, I break and play with my camera and figurines.{sm4}{sm4}
See you soon. Guy.

Incredible stuff!!!!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool
I have always wanted to do a walled mid-evil village like this and you nailed it! The buildings look great!^&cool And the first legion figures look even better with such a awesome background, They should give you some free figures for making there figures look so good.^&cool

WOW! I just stumbled upon this thread! This has to be the best Napoleonic scratch building I have yet seen.... the best Nap. fortification I have ever seen, and one of the best villages. Vauban would be truly proud, and that is something I don't say every day (he is one of my heroes, besides Napoleon, or course). So how do you make these houses/the fort? Can we get photos of the steps? How do you do the stones? I either make mine from actual plaster bricks, or carve foam, but that looks sculpted, almost like the Hudson and Allen stuff (in fact, your work is very similar). I also admire your cobblestone mat for the village... who makes it?
Vive Napoleon,
Sandor:salute::

WOW! I just stumbled upon this thread! This has to be the best Napoleonic scratch building I have yet seen.... the best Nap. fortification I have ever seen, and one of the best villages. Vauban would be truly proud, and that is something I don't say every day (he is one of my heroes, besides Napoleon, or course). So how do you make these houses/the fort? Can we get photos of the steps? How do you do the stones? I either make mine from actual plaster bricks, or carve foam, but that looks sculpted, almost like the Hudson and Allen stuff (in fact, your work is very similar). I also admire your cobblestone mat for the village... who makes it?
Vive Napoleon,

Hello Sandor ,
Please scroll back to post 23 and 28 of this thread and be prepared to be blown away .. Our friend Guy is a true master .. Regards Gebhard

Vive Napoleon,

Hello Sandor,
Thank you for your compliments on my work.:eek::eek:
As my friend posted Gebhard, I have already explained how I'm doing.(post 23 -28)
To answer your questions: walls and cobblestones are drawn with a pen on pieces of extruded polystyrene 20 mm thick.
Attached image before painting.

The timbered walls of the houses are wooden crates to recovery vegetables (free in store food)
Slate and tile roof houses are designed and cut out of cardboard (cereal box packaging Kellogs ...)

These are my "secrets and manufacturing.":wink2::)
Thank you.
cordially
Guy.

I wish I had your talent to create from scratch......
Thank goodness there are commercially available scenic products already assembled and painted.
I have painted individual figures but always had challenges with the scenery and buildings.
Its really a thrill to see some of the talent exhibited on this forum.

Guy, you make it sound so easy! Even though you are using simple parts and supplies, your results look superb. Your scenic work is always impressive.

Noah

As I progress on my current job, I break and play with my camera and figurines.{sm4}{sm4}
See you soon. Guy.

a few more images (I set up the redoubt French):eek::eek::eek:

See you soon. Guy.

a few more images (I set up the redoubt French):eek::eek::eek:

Good morning Guy,
That looks Fantastic it just keeps getting better.. Thanks for sharing regards Gebhard

Excellent Guy, j’adore ta nouvelle maquette
The artillery defence is very well made, is this foam on any other material, very realistic.

SUPERBE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back