Prototype of Figarti G Prototype (1 Viewer)

Price! The most I paid for any Minichamps Panzer was $150. A first issue Kingtiger and I imported it from Germany from Uwe Rommel in Stuttgart. The rest of my collection cost less than $100 each. A FL Panzer for $300 exceeds what I consider reasonable to pay for a 1/30 scale toy tank.
I would consider paying considerably more for an FOV 1/16 Henchel Turm Kingtiger like you have; if I had the space to display it. My small house barely allows room to display my 1/16 Tamiya M4 and Porsche Turm Kingtiger; plus the 1/15 scale Bandai; Panzer IV, Stug IV and Hummel. I am an armor addict with collections in 1/72, 1/50, 1/35, 1/32, 1/30, 1/28, 1.25, 124, 1/18 and 1/16! I have not yet gotten into 1/6 scale; but the Dragon 1/6 Panzer II is very nice and hard to resist!
I think the hobby in general is expensive but with FL doubt your get a better AFV made in 1/30 scale that the difference for me , had all the Minichamp armour and dragon 1/35 stuff which has never been match in 1/30 yet

Neil, probably. I went back and counted their announcements regarding AFVs and any motorized vehicle.

Neil; please define repaint! I do not consider a Winter version of an AFV with a different figure and part number a repaint. Next you will be saying that the Werbelwind is a slightly modified turret on a Panzer IV and not a new product. A Sturmtiger is a slightly modified Tiger I and not a new product.
IMHO a repaint is a product in continuous production and reintroduced every few years in different camo colors, ala Minichamps Panzers. The Minichamps Panther has gone through 4 repaints including the original; which was the best. Products introduced simultaniously with different colors and different features i.e. figures and/or accessories are not repaints.

Neil; please define repaint! I do not consider a Winter version of an AFV with a different figure and part number a repaint. .
That a repaint as it not a "New"AFV just painted a different colour ^&grin:wink2:

I think the hobby in general is expensive but with FL doubt your get a better AFV made in 1/30 scale that the difference for me , had all the Minichamp armour and dragon 1/35 stuff which has never been match in 1/30 yet

Injection molded plastic models will always have better detail than either Diecast or Polystone with soft tooling. Steel injection molds are very expensive and to justify the cost a minimum production run would be 10,000 pieces minimum. Dragon Panzers were so good because they were professionaly built 1/35 plastic kits at very reasonable prices. I just finished building 2 1960's 1/30 scale Bandai plastc models I found on Ebay, a Hummel and a Jagdpanzer IV. The Bandai Jagdpanzer IV is more detailed and accurate than the Figarti version; which is as good as Polystone can be.

That a repaint as it not a "New"AFV just painted a different colour ^&grin:wink2:

Not if a different figure and acessories are part of the product. Is a Panzer IV D and a Panzer IV G one in White Winter camo the other Panzer Grau repaints?

Not if a different figure and acessories are part of the product. Is a Panzer IV D and a Panzer IV G one in White Winter camo the other Panzer Grau repaints?

What difference does having a figure make to AFV if it still the same version of the tank it still a repaint with a different figure that all but Think your showing your true colours now :wink2:

Make only five new AFV from TCS all 1/28?

TCS states they are 1/30 scale. Do you own any? Have you measured any and calculated the scale at other than 1/30? Why do you dislike TCS?

TCS states they are 1/30 scale. Do you own any? Have you measured any and calculated the scale at other than 1/30? Why do you dislike TCS?

I was going on what you said that there 1/28 scale :wink2:and it common knowledge ^&grin TCS is cheap and cheerful AFV but everyone one I had came damaged and should come with a tube of super glue

Not if a different figure and acessories are part of the product.

TCS new AFVs made in the last two years; Pershing, Wirbelwind, Sturmtiger, Stug III, Panzer IV. The AFVs were produced in two versions; Winter and Normandy camo with different Kommander figures in each version. Not included are trucks, cars etc. 10 new AFV products in 2 years from the TCS Catalogs, Website and Forum announcements.

Dude, pick a criteria and stick with it! :rolleyes: Your "stream of consciousness" posts don't make logical sense half the time.

You are all over the place with what constitutes a "new AFV" and then apply those rules to TCS but not FL? TCS does two paint schemes of the same AFV and it counts as two tanks but for FL it only counts as one tank?

Using your above criteria, in the same time frame FL has made 3 x Panzer IVs, 2 x Shermans, 3 x SdKfz 251, 2 x Jeeps. That's ten tank. The Winter Panzer Iv F2 has been seen on Facebook so FL's 11th AFV is on its way.

Scale differences aside, there's also a huge detail and quality difference between TCS and FL tanks. FL is producing high quality AFVs at a steady rate. Who cares if another company makes more tanks when they are a different scale and not nearly as well detailed.

Last edited:
Dude, pick a criteria and stick with it! :rolleyes: Your "stream of consciousness" posts don't make logical sense half the time.

You are all over the place with what constitutes a "new AFV" and then apply those rules to TCS but not FL? TCS does two paint schemes of the same AFV and it counts as two tanks but for FL it only counts as one tank?

Using your above criteria, in the same time frame FL has made 3 x Panzer IVs, 2 x Shermans, 3 x SdKfz 251, 2 x Jeeps. That's ten tank. The Winter Panzer Iv F2 has been seen on Facebook so FL's 11th AFV is on its way.

Scale differences aside, there's also a huge detail and quality difference between TCS and FL tanks. FL is producing high quality AFVs at a steady rate. Who cares if another company makes more tanks when they are a different scale and not nearly as well detailed.

The start of this conversation was a statement by Neil that FL made more new armor in the last two years than TCS, Figarti and Thomas Gunn combined. The statement was in error or intended as hyperbol. I enjoy the conversation in either case as I find it educational. I condsider a day wasted when I don't learn something new. I ask questions to define terms to avoid confusion and error; if that is confusing I am sorry.

I was going on what you said that there 1/28 scale :wink2:and it common knowledge ^&grin TCS is cheap and cheerful AFV but everyone one I had came damaged and should come with a tube of super glue

The several TCS pieces I have arrived intact. Different shippers different results. You can break anything if you drop it hard enough.

I do not consider TCS cheap at over $150.00/Panzer; FOV is cheap. TCS is more accurate and has more operating features than many of its competitors. I prefer the TCS clean look rather than the over weathered and cluttered look of helmets, ammo boxes, jerrycans, mud in the tracks etc. A matter of taste I am sure; I but would prefer to wheather and accessorize the Panzers myself, no matter who produced it or what the scale is.

I like Figarti, First Legion and TCS about equally; but for different reasons. FL is no doubt the quality and price leader with Figarti gone. I think the other manufacturers can learn a lot from FL.
Especially figure and armor compatability; which is why I like TCS, their figures look realistic with their armor and Figarti's never did. Realistic size compatability is far more important tha absolute scale IMHO!

Based on the update from Hobby Bunker, which works closely with Figarti, somewhere between this summer and September.

The prototype has a potential major error. The Chin Mantlet was introduced on the Panther G in September 1944. Zimmereit was discontinued in September 1944. What is the probability of a late model G having Zimmerit?

Late production Tiger Is made in September of 1944 were also sans Zimmerit; but few were made as production terminated in September 1944.

The prototype has a potential major error. The Chin Mantlet was introduced on the Panther G in September 1944. Zimmereit was discontinued in September 1944. What is the probability of a late model G having Zimmerit?

Late production Tiger Is made in September of 1944 were also sans Zimmerit; but few were made as production terminated in September 1944.

In the pictures posted on the HB forum the chin has been removed per Hunter Rose's request when he first saw it.

In the pictures posted on the HB forum the chin has been removed per Hunter Rose's request when he first saw it.

I would have chosen to remove the Zimmerit. The Panther G with IR Sights had the Late Version Chin Mantlet.The Zimmerit covered early G was only in production from July to September 1944. The late version G was in production until May 1945 a period of 9 months with some very interesting battles fought i.e. Battle of the Bulge, Rhur Pocket, Berlin etc.

I would suggest to Figarti that they make a Panther D. No one has done a Polystone D to date. A more unique and iconic Panther than a G reprise with Zimmerit.

I would also suggest that if they must do a G reprise a late G steel wheel variant with the IR Sights would be a unique piece; also not previously done in Polystone.

Given Figarti's current status and after a long new product hiatus; they need to reintroduce themselves with a novel and interesting new product with wide appeal. Trains and Planes are fun; but Panzers are money in the bank.

You can try novel when you have the luxury of being an established company like a King & Country or a First Legion who can afford a mistake. Figarti are trying to raise themselves off the mat; they don't have the luxury of making something novel: it has to be a sure thing, something that collectors will be sure to purchase.

You can try novel when you have the luxury of being an established company like a King & Country or a First Legion who can afford a mistake. Figarti are trying to raise themselves off the mat; they don't have the luxury of making something novel: it has to be a sure thing, something that collectors will be sure to purchase.

Brad; when I say novel and interesting I mean somthing that has not been done to death many times over. A Panther D meets my criteria for new, novel and unique. I am sure a lot of collectors would like to have an excellent model of a key Panzer at Kursk. Me To products won't cut it in todays market, nor will repaints. The Panther D stands out as both the first Panther and one of the Kursk Panzers. Figarti could also come out with a T34 1943 to match against the new Panther D. Lots of opportunities IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back