RAF series (1 Viewer)

The major theme of my collection is WWII Commonwealth so clearly I'll be thrilled to have these new RAF pieces. I intend to pick up a great many........now just where will I put them. Those planes if 1/30 scale will be huge, much bigger than a typical shelf will allow. Hmmmmmmmm

Yes, they do take up a lot of room, and I've basically run out of room, so much so that I'll probably be selling one of the old K & C Warbirds in the very near future :(

The major theme of my collection is WWII Commonwealth so clearly I'll be thrilled to have these new RAF pieces. I intend to pick up a great many........now just where will I put them. Those planes if 1/30 scale will be huge, much bigger than a typical shelf will allow. Hmmmmmmmm

Yes. I haven't really given it much thought, :rolleyes: but at 1/30 the Hurricane will be 13" long with a wingspan of 16". It is the largest plane of the Hurricane, Spitfire, Me109, FW 190 and Mustang fighters which are only slightly smaller in size. And then there is the box it comes in :eek:

Of course, they would sit nicely on top of my display cabinets and be quite visible? :eek: Must stop thinking:eek:

Terry

Will the Hurricane be 1/30 and if so, what kind of wingspan are we talking about? -- lancer

Will the Hurricane be 1/30 and if so, what kind of wingspan are we talking about? -- lancer

See Terry's post above.

Yes this is going to take up plenty of room,but it'lll be worth it.:)

Rob

I'm thinking Airfield mats,Bomb pens,camo nets,storage crates,Bofors AA Gun...this could be a big dio!:)

Rob

Build-a-rama is just completing one

Terry

Thanks Terry just popped over to look at there new mat's thread!! It sounds like a nice piece :cool: I really should think about picking up a few of these newer ones they are top notch & really enhance a diorama

I like the whole idea of the RAF series and I like that the hurricane is based on someone's actual plane and sqn. That's a plus to me over a generic hurricane.

I would love to see a plane from the No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron. The 303 fought in the battle of Britain and had the highest tally of all sqns.

Here is one spitfire I like
34.jpg

A side note, I thought it was amusing recently when the British National Party or BNP launched their anti-immigration campaign which includes a desire for a ban on migrant eastern european workers. The poster for the campaign showed a British spitfire soaring in the clouds, the only problem was that it was a spitfire flown by a Polish pilot :D

That chap in the MG needs a leggy blonde WAAF or WREN by his side. You know some innocent lass from the country who is doing her bit for King and Country but has been lead astray by this dashing but rather wild young man.
Perhaps she has been taken by some damm Yankee pliot with access to chocolate and decent nylons. You know what they say Overpaid Over .... and Over here.:D:D

I must say great releases all round.

I have one of the Polish Spitfires K & C did. It's quite cool. Here's one of the K & C photos.

Attachments

• AIR 036 Supermarine Spitfire Polish Wilenski 317 Squadron.jpg
    AIR 036 Supermarine Spitfire Polish Wilenski 317 Squadron.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 97
I have one of the Polish Spitfires K & C did. It's quite cool. Here's one of the K & C photos.

Brad, do you know who flew that particular spitfire?

I guess if K&C did 1 Polish spitfire chances are slim they will do another, oh well :)

Guys

K&C HK confirmed the following:-

This plane is made of Poly and metal. It's a beauty! Dimension as follows:-
L 325 mm
W 410 mm
H 100 mm ( approx )

Guys

K&C HK confirmed the following:-

This plane is made of Poly and metal. It's a beauty! Dimension as follows:-
L 325 mm
W 410 mm
H 100 mm ( approx )

Thanks Tony,so glad i rang you to reserve one on dispatches day!.Sounds like these are flying out the door,any dio's in mind yet mate?

Rob

Thanks Tony,so glad i rang you to reserve one on dispatches day!.Sounds like these are flying out the door,any dio's in mind yet mate?

Rob

Lucky in the show room we have a Gordon Neilson airfield but we have plans for a good one at the show in october (birmingham toy soldier show) and then a huge one in December

Tony

Lucky in the show room we have a Gordon Neilson airfield but we have plans for a good one at the show in october (birmingham toy soldier show) and then a huge one in December

Tony

Sounds good Tony,i guess you'll be spending the Autumn and early winter creating Britain summer 1940.:)

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back