Release updates (2 Viewers)

thebritfarmer

Just received an email from WB. Some of the releases have been pushed back, as late as March of next year.

Also the Durbar releases and the WWI releases will all now be released in March 2011. Question I have is how is this helping the collector with his budget? That is one huge chunk of chnage to lay out. :eek::(

If the releases are pushed back, that should save you some money or give you more time to save up the money. With this economy I am amazed that the manufacturers continue their aggressive rate of new product releases .

Just received an email from WB. Some of the releases have been pushed back, as late as March of next year.

Also the Durbar releases and the WWI releases will all now be released in March 2011. Question I have is how is this helping the collector with his budget? That is one huge chunk of chnage to lay out. :eek::(

Could publish the full list?

Thanks

I got the same notice Scott. I have mixed emotions about the scheduled delays. For one, if every ACW that was scheduled for September had been released it would have been about a $700 month for me and on top of what I will probably spend in Chicago next week at the OTSN, I would have been broke until March anyway. Now with the ACW releases spread out over the next six months it will be more affordable and will give me a chance to save some money and "pay as I go" instead of putting a great big chunk on my CC which would take months to pay off + the added interest. However, with that said, one of the items I was REALLY, REALLY looking forward to getting this month was the 18th/19th century barn in order to complete my ACW farmstead diorama - this has been moved back to March :(. Although disappointing, experience has taught me that its always been worth the wait and I certainly need a reason to practice my patience ;) . . . . . . .
:) Mike

I got the same notice Scott. I have mixed emotions about the scheduled delays. For one, if every ACW that was scheduled for September had been released it would have been about a $700 month for me and on top of what I will probably spend in Chicago next week at the OTSN, I would have been broke until March anyway. Now with the ACW releases spread out over the next six months it will be more affordable and will give me a chance to save some money and "pay as I go" instead of putting a great big chunk on my CC which would take months to pay off + the added interest. However, with that said, one of the items I was REALLY, REALLY looking forward to getting this month was the 18th/19th century barn in order to complete my ACW farmstead diorama - this has been moved back to March :(. Although disappointing, experience has taught me that its always been worth the wait and I certainly need a reason to practice my patience ;) . . . . . . .

I agree with everything you say Mike, although I will be in the same boat now for the Durbar releases which will be $624.00 (and that doesn't include multiples for the street liners). I relase at the end of the day the money spent is the same, it is just easier when the releases are spread out for those of us who do not have buckets of cash or perhaps are not that good at budgeting.

Sure it helps the budget but disappointing when you look fwd to adding to a collection or building a dio. Have only been collecting WB for a short time but already notice they do not adhere to a release schedule. You can bank on KC's announced releases, which is much nicer than never knowing when WBs will actually be released.

Sure it helps the budget but disappointing when you look fwd to adding to a collection or building a dio. Have only been collecting WB for a short time but already notice they do not adhere to a release schedule. You can bank on KC's announced releases, which is much nicer than never knowing when WBs will actually be released.

I agree, although in their defence they did have a fire in one of the factories overseas which I am sure has caused the set back. With WB we are for the most part drip fed our releases in some sort of fashion throughout the year, unlike K&C which drops a bunch for one month, then perhaps nothing more in that range until the following year. Each company has it's own way of doing things, personally as I collect only the 2 ranges I prefer toy soldiers through out the year :)

I agree, although in their defence they did have a fire in one of the factories overseas which I am sure has caused the set back. With WB we are for the most part drip fed our releases in some sort of fashion throughout the year, unlike K&C which drops a bunch for one month, then perhaps nothing more in that range until the following year. Each company has it's own way of doing things, personally as I collect only the 2 ranges I prefer toy soldiers through out the year :)

I thought the fire was last year? In the UK the 2010 catalogue came for the first time with a scheduled release dates. Better to have issued an amended schedule than let people wonder when the pieces are going to arrive.

You could be right on the fire, perhaps the months are whipping by quicker than I would like :rolleyes: :confused: :D

hi Guys,

I for one dont mind the extra time to get some cash set asdie for what I know will a big expense. So even if they have had some issues at the factory etc, it is sort a blessing to me with the move to Europe and all. Thinking of which we spent the day in Downtown Heidelberg and had a fantastic day a couple of good beers and some wine made for a lovely afternoon of windowshopping!

Dave

Well Scott and I collected farm toys long enough to be very much used to this problem of delays.......Scott would you send me an email so I can talk with my supplier...rhh46@hotmail.com like to know what is delayed..

This is disappointing. I was going to ask for some of the Durbar items for Christmas. I'll have to ask for some glossies instead.

Personally don't care, as I know I will get what I want from WB eventually and be happy with it as always. :)

MD

What about the 95th Rifles, delayed as well? Thanks

I trade e mails with Richard Walker...class person...marketing genius, he gives me his view that the production delays were unforseseen. He has it fixed. Most 2010 releases should be on the market by December. If not early 2011. He promises lots of great new products for 2011. He believes in quality, value and happy customers. I treasure my WB figures. They have never had extended production delays. Richard and Ken provide me with countless hours of incredible product enjoyment. Be patient. If they cranked out inferior figures no one would say a word. From a value and quality standpoint they are the tops in the industry.The art they create and distribute is astounding. Relax guys the best is yet to come.

I trade e mails with Richard Walker...class person...marketing genius, he gives me his view that the production delays were unforseseen. He has it fixed. Most 2010 releases should be on the market by December. If not early 2011. He promises lots of great new products for 2011. He believes in quality, value and happy customers. I treasure my WB figures. They have never had extended production delays. Richard and Ken provide me with countless hours of incredible product enjoyment. Be patient. If they cranked out inferior figures no one would say a word. From a value and quality standpoint they are the tops in the industry.The art they create and distribute is astounding. Relax guys the best is yet to come.

In total agreement with you. I have never been disappointed in having to wait a little bit longer for the final product. Not only are they a great value for the price but they are the most historically accurate sculpted figures on the market from the standpoint of uniforms, headgear, and weapons.

In total agreement with you, I have always loved my Britains all the way back to 1977 infact I collect nothing else. I was just passing along info that I had received that others may not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back