Rugby world cup 2007 (1 Viewer)

I quite like soccer , my old man was a scot so the chances of
playing any other game as a kid where fairly limited :).
I remeber getting up in the middle of the night as a kid to watch
the FA cup. As an international game i often get the impresion they are playing not too lose rather than to win [i could be way of base here]
but I prefer club football too international.
On the subject of rugby 12 hours to go until kick off
heres a link to a u tube video of AB tries [great one of christian cullen in full
flight ] Ab,s vie Italy tommorow night is our first game.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JjnsIr_oyQY

I rather agree, I ve tried on a number of occasions to watch an entire soccer game, but on TV it's even worse then watching a baseball game. I imagine those of you that were weened on soccer would feel the same about American football, I suppose it all goes back to cultural differences, no offense meant to you soccer lovers.

I think a large part of watching sport is choosing sides,I think its more interesting when your barracking for one side or the other rather than just watching dispationately.
plus it gets you off your butt when your jumping out of your seat .

I rather agree, I ve tried on a number of occasions to watch an entire soccer game, but on TV it's even worse then watching a baseball game. I imagine those of you that were weened on soccer would feel the same about American football, I suppose it all goes back to cultural differences, no offense meant to you soccer lovers.

I think you misunderstood Rob (vandilay). The club game is what's played in the various leagues like the English Premier League or La Liga in Spain whereas the international game is when they bring the best players in a country together to play in the World Cup or the Euro Championships, scheduled to be played in 2008.

None taken.
Each to their own says I.
Believe it or not, I've actually started to take an interest in Cricket. Now there's a sport you guys ought to take up......:eek:;):D:confused: LOL.

Cricket, sounds like a bug that inhabits my basement. Now I must admit, I've never seen that game played. Isn't that the one they play with a fraternity paddle and goalie pads?

Cricket, sounds like a bug that inhabits my basement. Now I must admit, I've never seen that game played. Isn't that the one they play with a fraternity paddle and goalie pads?

It's called a "Bat" and a "Box" :)

Jeff

For all Rugby fans, good luck and enjoy the Cup.

Cheers :D

Three days? I hope they take a break.

How many on a side?

For all Rugby fans, good luck and enjoy the Cup.

Cheers :D

Hear hear! I'll second that!

May the better All Black team get chosen each game and may we keep the same chef throughout the contest (sorry Damian - couldn't resist!!:D:D)

Hey Andy! Would you consider doing a limited special run of the All Blacks doing the Haka on the pitch? You may get lots of international takers as well as large numbers of Kiwis!! No probs if you don't like that idea..its ok, I wouldn't take offence...its not like I've ever asked for anything before, cos I haven't...I'd understand if you think Scotland would be a better subject...even if they can't beat the ABs this time around... (feel free to chip in anytime you want, Vandilay!!) :D

Good Luck Boys & Good Hunting!!

Kiwi

Gents,

Looking forward to the rugby as well as the 20/20 tournament in South Africa. New Zealand have to be favourites again but like previous tournaments they tend to choke at the SF stage. France will also be strong on their home patch.

Prediction = South Africa - They have the potential to beat anyone on their day and I can see it happening.

England QF at best - unfortunately

Rgds

Andy

Gents,

Looking forward to the rugby as well as the 20/20 tournament in South Africa. New Zealand have to be favourites again but like previous tournaments they tend to choke at the SF stage. France will also be strong on their home patch.

Prediction = South Africa - They have the potential to beat anyone on their day and I can see it happening.

England QF at best - unfortunately

Rgds

Andy

The final will be between South Africa against the Kiwis All Blacks. Who will win ???????:

Cheers :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I've actually started to take an interest in Cricket. Now there's a sport you guys ought to take up

I once attempted to learn about Cricket. I started reading up on the rules and, well, I gave up. I just don't get it!:eek:

Hear hear! I'll second that!

May the better All Black team get chosen each game and may we keep the same chef throughout the contest (sorry Damian - couldn't resist!!:D:D)

Hey Andy! Would you consider doing a limited special run of the All Blacks doing the Haka on the pitch? You may get lots of international takers as well as large numbers of Kiwis!! No probs if you don't like that idea..its ok, I wouldn't take offence...its not like I've ever asked for anything before, cos I haven't...I'd understand if you think Scotland would be a better subject...even if they can't beat the ABs this time around... (feel free to chip in anytime you want, Vandilay!!) :D

Good Luck Boys & Good Hunting!!

Kiwi

great idea but can you imagine the copyright minefield K and C would have to negotiate
to do that. They would probably end up having to release a group of
guys [who may or may not know each other] and coincedently are all
wearing black doing a baverian thigh slapping dance ;).

and now back to the all important buisness of rugby ,big upset first up with
France loosing to Argentina .Could be a AB,s /France quarter final
in cardiff. ahhhh Revenge is nigh.

It is currently NZ 43 Italy 0 and it is still the first half. I just cannot watch anymore it is a bit of a slaughter. What an upset last night. We need to invite Argentina into the Tri-Nations I think.
Regards and Good Luck to all
Damian

New Zealand just look awsome don't they?.Vandilay i think you might as well crack the champagne now!!!:)

Rob

Hi Rob

They looked pretty good for a first up game [76 -14 was the final score for
any one who didnt see it] . I thought they might be a little bit rusty as its
been a fair few weeks since they have played,
As Uk Bod said though they have choked in the past at the buisness end
of the tournament,But i,m keeping the faith this`time :D,
[it looked like the sort of day you should be at the beach not running
around a paddock tackling people]
cheers Rob

Although my heart says different I think if I were going to bet it would still be on NZ. Aussie did not look to shabby. England I am afraid looked ordinary. Let us see what the boys in green and gold do tomorrow against Samoa
Good luck and regards
Damian

USA played England today in the World Cup and only lost 28-10. Not a bad showing against the defending champions.:D
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back