Rugby world cup 2007 (2 Viewers)

I think the guys in the US team would be pretty happy with their efforts,
I dont think too many people would have picked a scoreline that close
and as you said England are the current world champs ,so its no small feat .

Great sport........not sure where England are headed though!:D

Yes well done to the USA. That was a great effort. Tony it has been a great weekend for English sport. Cricket, football and rugby teams all victorious. It is enough to make mne burst into a chorus of Land of Hope and Glory
followed by Rule Britannia. :):)

USA played England today in the World Cup and only lost 28-10. Not a bad showing against the defending champions.:D
Steve

Hey Steve,
Congratulatios on a great result for the US! That scoreline is nothing to be sneezed at, so well done. As I mentioned early on in this thread, it is the emerging teams that only get better and better each time they play a World Cup, and the USA will improve each time they play.

Hey Damian, Good Luck for your team tonight. The Samoans are well known for wearing other teams down so heres hoping the Bokkies get through it ok.

Vandialy, mate heres to the ABs not doing another 'Greg Norman'. And what about that France-Argies result!! I didn't realise that would place us to play them in a Wales QF??

Bring it on Gentlemen!

Kiwi

Yes well done to the USA. That was a great effort. Tony it has been a great weekend for English sport. Cricket, football and rugby teams all victorious. It is enough to make mne burst into a chorus of Land of Hope and Glory

Yes did a comet fly by that i missed?.Three major wins in one day!:eek:

Rob

Hey Steve,
Congratulatios on a great result for the US! That scoreline is nothing to be sneezed at, so well done. As I mentioned early on in this thread, it is the emerging teams that only get better and better each time they play a World Cup, and the USA will improve each time they play.

Hey Damian, Good Luck for your team tonight. The Samoans are well known for wearing other teams down so heres hoping the Bokkies get through it ok.

Vandialy, mate heres to the ABs not doing another 'Greg Norman'. And what about that France-Argies result!! I didn't realise that would place us to play them in a Wales QF??

Bring it on Gentlemen!

Kiwi

gidday kiwi

The winner of our group plays the runner up in France,s group in the
quarter final [in cardiff] so if the argentinians beat ireland and relagate
the french too secound place , well meet them on neutral territory in
wales.

....needs to be more than a weekend! :D

Here is a South African secret weapon:)
Good luck
Regards
Damian

Attachments

• bryan habanna.jpg
    bryan habanna.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 64
What a game.
I hope we do as well with the rest of the tournament.
It is good to see so many players of color scoring tries for South Africa.
I am looking forward to the rest of the tournamant. I wont watch the All Balcks agaist Potugal. My grandparents were Portuguese so I don't want to see that slaughter. Go easy on them boys they are amateurs, just getting to the world cup is an achievement for them.
Good luck
Regards
Damian

What a game.
I hope we do as well with the rest of the tournament.
It is good to see so many players of color scoring tries for South Africa.
I am looking forward to the rest of the tournamant. I wont watch the All Balcks agaist Potugal. My grandparents were Portuguese so I don't want to see that slaughter. Go easy on them boys they are amateurs, just getting to the world cup is an achievement for them.
Good luck
Regards
Damian

NZ 108, POR 13

Butch James.
One of Maritzburg College's finest. I don't think he took maths in higher grade though.:)

Attachments

• Boks.jpg
    Boks.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 87
There is a Neanderthal Guy play with the French Team.:eek:

RSA 36, ENGLAND 0 (ZERO)

Unfortunatly I think England were lucky to register zero on the scoreboard. If SA had really been trying I think the towel may have had to be thrown in.:(

It's very dissapointing but not unexpected we have been going downhill since we won the last World Cup.

Unfortunatly I think England were lucky to register zero on the scoreboard. If SA had really been trying I think the towel may have had to be thrown in.:(

It's very dissapointing but not unexpected we have been going downhill since we won the last World Cup.

Don't worry Eazy! At least your boys have won a Rugby World Cup in the last 4 years.. Our chokemeister prancing ponies have managed to firmly grasp defeat from the iron jaws of victory for the last 16 years!!!

And don't the Aussies know it...

While driving (slightly inebriated) through outback Northern Queensland last Friday night totally lost, I stopped in this speck of a one horse town to ask directions from an older couple I saw come out of the local pub and stagger across the road (also inebriated but more so). When I asked, the man approached me, reached through the car window to grab my shoulder and asked if I was a Kiwi. When I confirmed I was, while still holding me he grabbed his own throat and gave a long choking noise!! Very funny NOT! I thought to myself as I wound up the window and drove off with his arm still jammed through the car window.

Even in outback Australia, they appreciate the RWC is very much up in the air for any team to take. Never never never quit :)

Kiwi

Since there are a few Rugby fans on the forum you are no doubt aware one of the best rugby tournaments is the Hong Kong Sevens in late March each year. Perhaps Andy should think of a Seminar that dealers and customers could attend around that time so we could do like the big corporates do and count it as a business trip.
It was at that tournament that Jonah Lomu started to build his reputation. Not sure about recently but when I was in Hong Kong the Aussie team always received a rousing roar of boos everytime they came on. Started becuase they got a bit too physical in a final against Fiji one year and carried on ever since. In those days the Aussie 7's team had players with names like Campese and Ella. Always great to watch a 5ft nothing Korean or Japanese tackle a rampaging 6ft 6 Fijian in full flight.
Go the Aussies plus anybody playing the Kiwis !
Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back