Russian collectors.... (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
So from not having a T34 for a while we now await three releases with two more further down the line, a total of five versions of one of the most famous AFV's of WW2. Also we see several in action Russian figs, so who is in for some or all of these releases. I want at least one new T34 but may hold out for the winter whitewashed version.

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-1(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-2(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-3(L).jpg

Rob

So from not having a T34 for a while we now await three releases with two more further down the line, a total of five versions of one of the most famous AFV's of WW2. Also we see several in action Russian figs, so who is in for some or all of these releases. I want at least one new T34 but may hold out for the winter whitewashed version.

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-1(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-2(L).jpg

%5CPhotos%5CRA%5CRA025-3(L).jpg

Rob

Rob,

I have been eagerly waiting for some Russian armor and figures to finally show up! With the limited choices we have with Russian items across the toy soldier landscape these dispatches are by far the best I have seen for my liking.

I just pre-ordered all 3 versions and will also order the German captured and especially the whitewash version when they are released!

I hope these items sell well so maybe we can see more armor like the KV-1 and KV-2 in the future.

Jose

Kind of like other manufacturers good armour strange figures.
Mitch

These would have gone good with the T34/85 from K&C. Of course, i dont have it, and i willl probably have to pay a ton too find one:(

Been waiting for new Russian releases for so long now that i had almost given up all hope!!!...But now HERE THEY ARE!!...Great figures, Great
Armour, but why 3 T34 tanks?????..it certainly will not induce me to buy all 3...But the 3rd version is already on order, plus all the figures!!...
Well done KC for (eventually) giving the Russian fan some fine releases to be going on with....Now next time how about a K2 and a JSU 152
Tank riders??.

Steve

I will get all the figures and probably only one of the tanks since i have a few T-34's already.Thanks again for the post of the dispatches Rob.Mike B.

So from not having a T34 for a while we now await three releases with two more further down the line,

Yes, but I didnt' want the hex turret/mickey mouse ears variant, so I'm passing. But they are nicely done, for sure. I'd be on the fence for a grey. Ah, probably pass on that too.

Like the figures, somewhat disappointed with the armor. The lack of detail is the main sticking point. I am surprised (happily) that the price is under $200. I will wait for Figarti.

been waiting for new russian releases for so long now that i had almost given up all hope!!!...but now here they are!!...great figures, great
armour, but why 3 t34 tanks?????..it certainly will not induce me to buy all 3...but the 3rd version is already on order, plus all the figures!!...
Well done kc for (eventually) giving the russian fan some fine releases to be going on with....now next time how about a k2 and a jsu 152
tank riders??.

Steve

i am with you on the jsu 152 and kv2, but these current ones are great choices and you know how the russians alway attacked with a gaggle of tanks. So thanks andy for offering us the ability to have ones with different numbers. I have to be choosey right now due to funds but am ordering the 3rd version and the p40

Like the figures, somewhat disappointed with the armor. The lack of detail is the main sticking point. I am surprised (happily) that the price is under $200. I will wait for Figarti.
What put me off is the stuff in between the tracks I'm sorry to say beside that it look good

What is (are) the different between these tanks? ...Besides the numbers...

3 identical tanks on the same dispatch...I don’t understand..

I imagine it gives those who want to the chance to buy three T34's they can use in a dio scene.

Rob

its funny everyone wanted them and now their out its too many. If I wanted a Kursk or similar battle dio then rather than buying the same tank and need it remarked etc which, adds more to the budget here you have three variants. I can see the benefit in that move and, think its quite good.

I think its what many collectors from FL have been asking about different markings on the Panzer III's and, that would be having the same AFV but different markings, I know Frank has had this done for his collection so, think it adds depth for those who want a larger collection.

Credit where its due and, in this instance even though, I was surprised to see three initially, I can see the method in the madness so, to speak
Mitch

Another dispatch prediction come true, Soviets released and its a T-34/76. ;) I think K&C are playing it conservative by releasing some small numbers of the most iconic Soviet tank and varying up it's #'s. It kind of feels like an experiment to see if the Eastern Front sells good enough to make further releases, afterall they have stated many times in the past that their previous foray into producing Soviets was not the success they had hoped for. I like this tank but I'm more interested in a winter version as I currently have their existing T34/85 for my collection. Ofcourse if I didn't have it I'd definitely pick one of these up. I am disappointed in the Soviet figures, really not some of the better sculpts K&C have done. In particular the fingers, and body size just looks wrong, not sure if its just the camera angle or what but they look a little off to me. :confused:

So it's quite possible by years end there will be five T34's out there! Have K&C ever had five of one AFV out at same time before???

Rob

What is (are) the different between these tanks? ...Besides the numbers...

3 identical tanks on the same dispatch...I don’t understand..

That was the Russian way of doing things. A batch of tanks would me made from a factory, they'd be numbered 1,2,3,4, etc., and the unit would be built up around that production batch. Hence you'd have 20-30 identical tanks attacking in the same battle

Another dispatch prediction come true, Soviets released and its a T-34/76. ;) I think K&C are playing it conservative by releasing some small numbers of the most iconic Soviet tank and varying up it's #'s. It kind of feels like an experiment to see if the Eastern Front sells good enough to make further releases, afterall they have stated many times in the past that their previous foray into producing Soviets was not the success they had hoped for. I like this tank but I'm more interested in a winter version as I currently have their existing T34/85 for my collection. Ofcourse if I didn't have it I'd definitely pick one of these up. I am disappointed in the Soviet figures, really not some of the better sculpts K&C have done. In particular the fingers, and body size just looks wrong, not sure if its just the camera angle or what but they look a little off to me. :confused:

I am disappointed in the Soviet figures, really not some of the better sculpts K&C have done. In particular the fingers, and body size just looks wrong, not sure if its just the camera angle or what but they look a little off to me.

Agreed 100%, after 7 years they should come with better quality product, but no, quantity still the matter.

here the 2005 verssion and today's release

Attachments

• RA019(L).jpg
    RA019(L).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1601-copy.jpg
    IMG_1601-copy.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 222
I am disappointed in the Soviet figures, really not some of the better sculpts K&C have done. In particular the fingers, and body size just looks wrong, not sure if its just the camera angle or what but they look a little off to me.

Agreed 100%, after 7 years they should come with better quality product, but no, quantity still the matter.

here the 2005 verssion and today's release

Agree with you as well Debrito, the older sets seem to be better overall, being that said, it's my view and that's all it is...Sammy

Been waiting for new Russian releases for so long now that i had almost given up all hope!!!...But now HERE THEY ARE!!...Great figures, Great
Armour, but why 3 T34 tanks?????..it certainly will not induce me to buy all 3...But the 3rd version is already on order, plus all the figures!!...
Well done KC for (eventually) giving the Russian fan some fine releases to be going on with....Now next time how about a K2 and a JSU 152
Tank riders??.

Steve

Steve ,

I don't mind multiple releases of the same tank , it adds a little variety...That way not every collector on here has the same T34 tank...I ordered the #25 one w/the kneeling binocular tank commander...May even consider the snow washed one when it comes out...This will be my first Russian piece in my collection...

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back