Sailing the South China Seas (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
I received the following email today from King & Country.

“SAILING THE SOUTH CHINA SEAS”

For a thousand years and more small traditional Chinese sailing junks have plied their way along the rivers and coastal waters of the Middle Kingdom carrying cargoes and people to a myriad of destinations.

Even as recently as 30 years ago residents of (and visitors to) ultra modern Hong Kong could still see regular convoys of commercial sailing junks passing through the city’s spectacular harbour.

Today, they are no more, all gone and consigned to the ship breakers yard and history. Or are they…?

A RARE PIECE OF CHINESE MARITIME HISTORY

Here at King & Country we are in love with China’s history… and heritage and… sailing junks. That’s why we’ve designed and constructed a series of 50 hand-carved, scale model junks to go with our “Streets of Old Hong Kong” series of miniatures depicting everyday life in the “Pearl of the Orient” at the end of the 19th. Century.

Each model is expertly hand made and comes complete with full rigging, cloth sails and plenty of detail.

This “first edition” is sure to be popular with collectors of this colourful K&C series so please reserve your model soon to avoid disappointment.

Happy Sailing!

Dimension:

Length: ~38cm

Height: ~36cm

Width: ~15cm

Retail Price: USD489

Chinese Junk.jpg

I have a feeling this will go quickly as only 50 are being made. I assume these are made of wood as the announcement describes them as "hand carved".

Brad

stunning set and, a very reasonable price considering the detail. SOHK collectors etc will especially be delighted with this.
Mitch

Hi Guys,
From the information I received there is no dealer price on these so I presume this means ordering direct from K&C (which would also qualify you for a free Chicago figure !!).
Regards
Brett

Brett,

From what you know are these made of wood and are they making special figures for it. I assume the figures are not included and are extra.

Brad

Brett,

From what you know are these made of wood and are they making specialfigures for it. I assume the figures are not included and are extra.

Brad

The description and low numbers suggests wood.

You may recall my thread of images of SOHK display in K&C shop and Jules spotted the Junk in my photos then.

Regarding figures there are two shown on the junk carrying boxes. However as the description of the junk does not mention it coming with figures it would be safe to assume it does not. However I guess those two figures could be a SOHK set that could fit a street scene or on a junk. No idea of other figures but for example people could put some of the IC figures on it and it would look good.

I know Jules has been asking for Chinese pirates but I have no information about such figures. However could do some figures that might be used on land or sea and could even be enemy for the USN figures but I emphasise these are my thoughts only.

Regards
Brett
PS I see the new Russians have also been released today.

Pleasure Mark. I put an order in also. Hopefully, none of us are shut out. I don't collect SOHK but this is something rather unusual. Could get me going down that path.

I don't collect this range either but may sacrifice a couple of things to get this piece!

Pleasure Mark. I put an order in also. Hopefully, none of us are shut out. I don't collect SOHK but this is something rather unusual. Could get me going down that path.
I hope were not shut out either. I'm really interested, as this is one of those pieces I would really appreciate...especially so being hand carved and limited as it is.

Regarding figures there are two shown on the junk carrying boxes. However as the description of the junk does not mention it coming with figures it would be safe to assume it does not. However I guess those two figures could be a SOHK set that could fit a street scene or on a junk. No idea of other figures but for example people could put some of the IC figures on it and it would look good.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Re the figures on the boat in the pic, they're one of the older long retired sets... not sure which one though.

Ok... time to check my finances and put my order in.

cheers

jules

Attachments

• 15003.jpg
    15003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 304
  • Indochine-3.jpg
    Indochine-3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 300
What a piece of junk! ;) For a change I mean that in a positive way. That's an neat and unexpected release. Congrats to our SOHK collectors who have wanted this for soooo looong. ^&cool

At last! I got my order confirmation. Anyone else received their confirmation?

At last! I got my order confirmation. Anyone else received their confirmation?
I had an email returned from K&C asking for my address and such so a shipping cost could be determined. I'm currently waiting for the actual confirmation and more info on joining the CC to obtain the free figure.

Did you look at the application form for the club on the web site. It should contain everything you need. Once you join you can log into the members area and complete any missing info.

Brad

Did you look at the application form for the club on the web site. It should contain everything you need. Once you join you can log into the members area and complete any missing info.

Brad
Thank you...I think I'm in business now with your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back