Scenic backdrops (1 Viewer)

Wraith

Major
Oz mentioned this idea on another thread a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd start by putting some backdrops on the forum, which may be of use to those of us who use them. It would also be intersting to see what other members may have got stored up on their pcs.

Most are from scouring google images for scenes which might work for backdrops, a couple are from photos.

I take the picture and expand it to maximum paper size for the printer - A4 in the UK, print it off, and then enlarge it on a colour photocopier to double size (A3 - 24" x 18" approx.), which gives a reasonable background size to work with.

I'll rattle some off:

Wyoming_21.jpg

san_bernardino_20.jpg

grandcanyon_14.jpg

Devils20Corn20Field.jpg

Simon

I love the one with the medieval desert fortified town. Blown up huge, it would make an awesome backdrop for my K&C Saracen Castle.

I love the one with the medieval desert fortified town. Blown up huge, it would make an awesome backdrop for my K&C Saracen Castle.

Though i know you have a castle one doesn't even need a castle thanks to that backdrop

Simon

This is a great collection of photos. Do we have your permission to use them for dioramas we might post on the forum?

Thank you for putting these together.

Randy

Simon

This is a great collection of photos. Do we have your permission to use them for dioramas we might post on the forum?

Thank you for putting these together.

Randy

Randy,

These are mostly from google images in the public domain, with no stated or implied copyrite issues attached and one or two are photos I've taken, so please, go right ahead.

Simon

Alex

Really nice job. I can feel the cold air from the backdrop through the metal of the tank to its commander. Excellent blending of 3d and photo backdrop.

Randy

Simon I really need to get a printer now! Thank you so much. Any of you guys have a good recommendation for printers that are not too expensive when it comes to refills????

Alex

I tried to imagine that your diorama was based on an old fading snapshot you found in a box of WWII souvenirs stored in the attic of a house belonging to a relative who had served in the US Army in the European Theater during the war.
Randy

Attachments

• alextank2.jpg
    alextank2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 150
Thanks Simon for backdrop pictures. I think these will be very useful. John

Alex

I tried to imagine that your diorama was based on an old fading snapshot you found in a box of WWII souvenirs stored in the attic of a house belonging to a relative who had served in the US Army in the European Theater during the war.
Randy

Thanks Randy thats a good one.

Simon I really need to get a printer now! Thank you so much. Any of you guys have a good recommendation for printers that are not too expensive when it comes to refills????

I buy my refills from ebay. The price of one refill from Best Buy or Circuit City can buy me ten on ebay.

Very festive!:D

That was quick work and nicely done.

Cheers
Simon

Simon, fantastic and thank you for sharing.:D

For my two cents worth, this is one of my favourite backdrops - the sky. I use a couple of peices of formatec normandy village to give it a boundary and hide the window frame, open the upstairs bedroom window behind them, wait until the sun is very low then shoot a few pics and see which come out.

I shoot around 50mm lens focused on the object from about a metre or so to blur the background.;)

Simple and easy to use the sky and although quite a few shots are not that good, the percentage gets better.

Attachments

• IMG_4708red1.jpg
    IMG_4708red1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back