Skirmish line 54 mm (1 Viewer)

Mister Dave

Command Sergeant Major
Latest completed scene, again with U.S. Cavalry theme. These are both old 54 mm kit figures from Andrea I've had for a while and thought they would work good together like this. Hope you like it.

MD

Attachments

• skirmishline 001.jpg
    skirmishline 001.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 325
  • skirmishline 002.jpg
    skirmishline 002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 322
  • skirmishline 003.jpg
    skirmishline 003.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 327
  • skirmishline 004.jpg
    skirmishline 004.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 321
  • skirmishline 005.jpg
    skirmishline 005.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 317
Last couple of pics for now....

MD

Attachments

• skirmishline 006.jpg
    skirmishline 006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 203
  • skirmishline 007.jpg
    skirmishline 007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 203
They are great Dave.You've got it now.I think you could do comissions now.Great job.
Mark

Very nice Dave...you have talent...they are great sculpts and you did a fantastic job...the shading is especially nice...

Hi Dave,

Yet more fine painting :smile2: You are putting the rest of us to shame with your prolific output! :eek:

What you really need now are a few Alma Figures Crimean Highlanders and some tartan paint! :D

Regards

Jeff

Mark, Mike, Rob and Jeff, your comments are greatly appreciated. And as Mike pointed out these were really nice figures to work on with lots of good detail and so forth. I was a pretty good boy with these and stayed on task throughout, but that is sadly not always the case. Since finishing these I think I have started 4-5 new figs and cannot stay focused on any of them long enough to finish. There is hope though as one of the group is starting to pull through.

Funny I was actually just looking at some Crimea subjects Jeff. No highlanders yet though. Besides I've been to the paint shop many times and have still never found that tartan paint. Guess it must be a special order item. :rolleyes2:

Thanks again guys.
MD

Thanks again Mike and ML. Getting busy working on more stuff now......:rolleyes2:

MD

Lovely work again Dave. I have recently become interested in some 1860-70 Buffalo Soldiers - and couldn't help thinking when looking at these two figures, that with a change of head - they could easily become members of the 9/10th US Cavalry. Just a thought.................johnnybach

Lovely work again Dave. I have recently become interested in some 1860-70 Buffalo Soldiers - and couldn't help thinking when looking at these two figures, that with a change of head - they could easily become members of the 9/10th US Cavalry. Just a thought.................johnnybach

Thank you Jb. And agreed that this would be a pretty easy conversion job to 9th or 10th Cav soldiers if you were so inclined. There were some beautiful paintings of the 10th Cav in a room I occupied briefly at Ft Knox in the past. Shenandoah makes some good African American ACW heads that would probably work.

MD

Oh! Dave those are absolutely superb figures- I just luv 'em.

I recently picked up this stalwart straw-hatted guy -matter of fact he was a freebie. Haven't assembled him yet but intend painting him exactly as is-Would make a fine addition aligned with your skirmishers.

I live in hope Dave that one fine day a manufacturer will release a good & historically accurate series of Custer's 7th.

Bob

s14f31.jpg

Oh! Dave those are absolutely superb figures- I just luv 'em.

I recently picked up this stalwart straw-hatted guy -matter of fact he was a freebie. Haven't assembled him yet but intend painting him exactly as is-Would make a fine addition aligned with your skirmishers.

I live in hope Dave that one fine day a manufacturer will release a good & historically accurate series of Custer's 7th.

Bob

s14f31.jpg

Hey Bob. Thanks for chiming in and glad to hear you like the looks of these guys. They really are nicely made figures so the painting process was a real pleasure in this case.

I just love that new officer figure as well. Mine will be paired up with a couple of other characters as part of my next grouping. Cannot wait to get started on him in fact. He is all cleaned up, primed and attached to a temporary base for painting.....just need to finish one of his companion figures first. Making good progress on the current item but he is a bit complex so it's taking a while.

Cannot agree more regarding the curious lack of interest in this area by current manufacturers. In the meantime, Andrea seems to be filling the void with an entire range in their catalogue devoted to the 7th Cavalry which makes me very happy indeed. Looking forward to seeing your guy finished.

DG-

I really enjoyed the pics of your skirmish line vignette. Excellent work, as always!

Noah

I really enjoyed the pics of your skirmish line vignette. Excellent work, as always!

Noah

Thanks Noah. I really appreciate the feedback. Have not done much painting since this was finished unfortunately. Maybe this week will see me more inspired and motivated and all that good stuff. :rolleyes2:

MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back