Smugglers Catch. (2 Viewers)

waynepoo

Colonel
Smugglers Catch.
The Royal Navy delivers to the Army a captured Trawler smuggling arms to the IRA 1916.

O35ikaP.jpg

EXBf9Ph.jpg

yn8BmhC.jpg

vZ1WrFH.jpg

8UjUJOq.jpg

zyN6qAb.jpg

18ino4C.jpg

tbV1bl5.jpg

NYDB6dD.jpg

Wayne.

First reaction this boat reminded me of the film ‘Sea Wolves’. This a brilliant looking vessel. Useful in WW1 & 2. Interested in the backstory on how this sailed into your collection Wayne. Robin.

Excellent diorama Wayne :salute::

These days many of those in what became Eire, bemoan those who market themselves as "Ourselves Alone" as not standing for the Irish today.
Why would their Great Grand Daddies, Who shed their Blood in faith so freely, give themselves over for nothing to those who they owe nothing to.
For myself, on one side of the Family I have a Grandfather who served there in 1919, on the other one who took the Queens shilling to serve in Afghanistan when Victoria was on the throne.

First reaction this boat reminded me of the film ‘Sea Wolves’. This a brilliant looking vessel. Useful in WW1 & 2. Interested in the backstory on how this sailed into your collection Wayne. Robin.

or Guns of Navarone !

Excellent diorama Wayne :salute::

These days many of those in what became Eire, bemoan those who market themselves as "Ourselves Alone" as not standing for the Irish today.
Why would their Great Grand Daddies, Who shed their Blood in faith so freely, give themselves over for nothing to those who they owe nothing to.
For myself, on one side of the Family I have a Grandfather who served there in 1919, on the other one who took the Queens shilling to serve in Afghanistan when Victoria was on the throne.

Thanks Gents, the boat is 1/30 Billings. Was a task to build, I water lined it to sit flat on a surface and had to master plank on plank building after much trial and error.

Well you did an amazing job on this vessel, no doubt a very enjoyable project and a sense of achievement to boot. Robin.

Wayne,

Very nice scene and collection of figures (and boat). Well selected figures for your story.

Steve

Brilliant set up and pics mate have seen that boat but would never have a go at building one to many thumbs, you did a great job let me know if you want to build another for a Western Australian harbour ^&grin

This is an outstanding display and extremely well done. Viewing your creative work made my morning coffee time that much more enjoyable

Mike

I love that fishing boat. Great scene, Wayne, and a creative idea.

Tried making a little WWII dock scene a few years back:

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back