Socializing (4 Viewers)

paxtoysoldier

First Sergeant
The reason we, due to Pat Jr's advice, will stop collecting altogether is because of this kind of forum and facebook and all the other modern things (he's 42) that make every hobby a public spectacle these days and because of facebook we will not even buy the cool Aztec temple because, well, it's social. Bye bye forever on a computer & cheers & get a life
Pat & Pat

INTERESTING, VERY INTERESTING.

Pat mate,
If I lived like your good self "near Chicago" I would love to get down to the Chicago TS Show every year for a week and socialize with collectors, manufactures, dealers and good mates from around the world and I would be the happiest man in the world. Meeting and chatting with world-wide collectors is just as good as collecting.

Facebook: You don't have to be on it and I am not and very happy about that. Individual choice.

This Forum: Once again you don't have to be on it or if you are, don't have to contribute. Individual choice.

Stop Collecting: Also individual choice.

I don't see why you have a problem and I, good sir, have a beautiful life, thank you.

Cheers from the Land Down Under, Howard

The reason we, due to Pat Jr's advice, will stop collecting altogether is because of this kind of forum and facebook and all the other modern things (he's 42) that make every hobby a public spectacle these days and because of facebook we will not even buy the cool Aztec temple because, well, it's social. Bye bye forever on a computer & cheers & get a life
Pat & Pat

^&confuse

This is very confusing. If I’m reading right you’re stopping your collection bc of the internet? A collection is only public by ones own hand. I for one love the public aspect. I’ve met many people on here and Facebook. I am very friendly with many collectors around the world and across the USA bc of the forum and Facebook, etc. just my opinion but I think it’s great.

I think many people are put off by the arguments that can occur in a forum or social media where you bring together people who don't know each other. Just as in your actual daily interactions there are people that you meet that you don't like, you will similarly meet people in platforms like this one or Twitter that you don't like. However, I have found that the people you don't or may not like are significantly outweighed by those who you do.

I think many people are put off by the arguments that can occur in a forum or social media...

As I like to say, some people put on their e-muscles and behave in ways that they otherwise wouldn't, if they were face-to-face and could get a punch in the nose for the same behavior.

Prost!
Brad

For me this is a W T F thread? Where did this come from? 99% of the forum is a great trove of information and debate from all different times of folks. In my opinion, it is healthy! I have discovered more and more about the hobby through my social interactions, why is that a bad thing??? And when one acts like a jerk, it is simple to ignore it, just like you would in 99% of the situations you see in every day life.

And seemingly the original post's tone here is not healthy. I mean, posting to all "get a life", interesting take on maturity.^&grin

TD

This thread does seem odd? It may have piqued my interest more if it was started by a member who had been on this forum for at least a year and had more than 10 posts.

What in THE hell is this post about? Is this one of those "trolls"?

Brotha...you need to get help.

John from Texas

Gents, let's think of it this way, after re-reading the original post of eloquence and intelligence ^&grin, the direct, opinionated responses remind me of why I really like this forum and this hobby, it has provided a good laugh and we all need some of that!

TD

John from Texas

Definitely a troll John........and like most trolls they tend to live in dark places along with all their other 'special' friends, somewhere on planet Noona.^&grin

John from Texas

John, I don’t think he’s a troll as he and his father have two accounts here and they have posted about the JJD Aztec line. Something must have set one of them off.

Brad

That said, seriously, I like to see Ms. Abraham and Mr. Lang and all the hobbyists enjoying themselves at the shows that we get reports on

Notably, my father (Pat Sr.) is very stable and happy and social.
It is I, the collector and History-buff, however, that decides what we buy or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back