Song Title Game (2 Viewers)

The Teddy Bears Picnic - Henry Hall and his Orchestra

One of Jack Jackson's favourite records on his Radio Show :salute::

Hope your Grannie told you about him ^&grin :tongue:

Back to the songs ^&grin

Thanks for the boogie ride - Anita O'Day

^&cool:cool:^&cool

Great modern version of them...............

How about...............Thanks for the Memory - by Shep Fields and his Orchestra - vocals by Bob Hope and Shirly Ross ( and not Dorothy Lamour - as many people believe - in the award winning movie). Won an Academy Award for Best Original Song - and famously became Bob Hope's signature tune, with lyrics often adapted to fit the situation. A true Classic.:D

Great modern version of them...............

How about...............Thanks for the Memory - by Shep Fields and his Orchestra - vocals by Bob Hope and Shirly Ross ( and not Dorothy Lamour - as many people believe - in the award winning movie). Won an Academy Award for Best Original Song - and famously became Bob Hope's signature tune, with lyrics often adapted to fit the situation. A true Classic.:D

Great song jb {bravo}}

Here is my 78rpm copy, I've added some of the "V" Disc needle envelopes to show what we were speaking about the other day

bobhope.jpg

bobhope2.jpg

Interesting to note it was released as the "B" side to TWO SLEEPY PEOPLE instrumental backing by Harry Sosnik and his Orchestra

Back to the songs...again ^&grin

Cruising down the river - Lou Preager and his Orchestra

That old 78 record ( we didn't call them discs then), and those packs of needles bring back a few memories. I can remember looking through a pack or two - vainly trying to find one that would play a bit better - on a tired and scratchy old record or two!

Cruising down on sunset - Thomas Anders

Gotta go European Rugby about to start .......................see you later.........................jb

That old 78 record ( we didn't call them discs then), and those packs of needles bring back a few memories. I can remember looking through a pack or two - vainly trying to find one that would play a bit better - on a tired and scratchy old record or two!

Cruising down on sunset - Thomas Anders

I should have added this info with the needle envelopes, the Blue were issued to USMC and USN and the Red were issued to US ARMY

Down Sunnyside Lane - Jack Payne and his BBC Dance Orchestra

Cruising Down the River - Connie Francis

Gloucester won against French side Mont-de-Marsan 11-6. Physical game!:D

Have we had...........

Way Down Yonder in New Orleans.....yet....by either Louis Armstrong - or - Harry Connick Jr.?????

No, don't think so...or Freddy Cannon :wink2:

If I had my way - Bing Crosby

If I Had My Way - Frank Sinatra

We MUST have had just - My Way - by him before now!^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back