Stalingrad 1942-43 (2 Viewers)

Re: Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory, Nov.'42

'highlight' a well chosen word ;)

Alex

Frank

I have not being paying enough attention to the forum, this thread is nothing short of sensational, thank you for sharing.

These must be the best photos I have ever seen of 'toy soldiers in action'. Thanks for posting.

Kevin

Frank

I have not being paying enough attention to the forum, this thread is nothing short of sensational, thank you for sharing.

These must be the best photos I have ever seen of 'toy soldiers in action'. Thanks for posting.

Kevin

Ditto Kevin..........Joe

Incredible :eek: !!!
Never saw WWII figures better displayed then from you and sotnik.
You guys are artists!
Konrad

Looks great Frank, glad to see some WWII guys in action!!...Sammy

Thank you guys. :)

It's been a real treat to be able to combine two of my hobbies, toy soldiers and photography. I've truly enjoyed the experience of learning how to photograph these little figures. I really appreciate the encouragement I've received on this forum and this has helped push me to improve my craft.

Tremendous work again, Frank.

Looking forward to Your additions to this thread in 2011 ... :D

It's been a while since I've posted to this thread so here are a couple pictures of Pz.IIIs from 5th company, 24th Panzer Regiment (24.Panzer-Division) taken somewhere to the west of Stalingrad prior to the attack on the city itself.

2011_2_26_DSC_0004_small.jpg

2011_2_26_DSC_0005_small.jpg

This is the first time I have looked at FL on this forum. The photography in this thread is amazing. Frank your dioramas are inspiring and set a standard second to none. You've given me so many ideas for presenting Festung Breslau. I'm in awe!

As awlays Frank, just outstanding. Your photos make it so tempting to add WWII to anybody's collection. It would be interesting to know how many forum members have started collecting FL WWII because of the influence of your excellent photography . . .
Mike

What can I really say except WOW :salute:: I really like how you can make those figure bases disappear, for me it takes the photography of Military Miniatures to another level it must be that photo editing software Mike was mentioning . Excellent as always thanks for sharing Gebhard

Now you know where the truly WWII actions is...

Awesome work Frank, as usual...:cool:

This is the first time I have looked at FL on this forum. The photography in this thread is amazing. Frank your dioramas are inspiring and set a standard second to none. You've given me so many ideas for presenting Festung Breslau. I'm in awe!

Outstanding pictures. Those Mk.III's just look great paired up like that. -- Al

Frank,
Dio looks terrific! Well done!
Semper Fi!
Rick

Frank, if you get one of the DAK P3s, try putting one with this grey unit to give us an appreciation for the DAK camo being used on the steppe & how it would have looked.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Frank, if you get one of the DAK P3s, try putting one with this grey unit to give us an appreciation for the DAK camo being used on the steppe & how it would have looked.

That's a good suggestion. I'll give it a try once I get my hands on the DAK Pz.III.

Did I mention that I'm jealous you have two :redface2: and with different numbers no less ...Regards Gebhard

I received the 15cm s FH 18 this last week. What a fantastic piece. The detailing and overall quality is simply superb.

The 15cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 (s FH 18) was the standard heavy field howitzer of the German armed forces in WWII. It shared a common carriage with its sister weapon, the schwere 10cm Kanone 18.

From a transport perspective both weapons were handled in the same way. The guns were designed to be transported by either vehicle or horses , however the procedure to prepare the weapon for transport differed between the two modes. For vehicle tow the barrel was disconnected from the recoil mechanism and hauled all the way to the back of the cradle. For horse transport this was taken one step further and the barrel was completely removed from the carriage and the gun was split into two loads. Even so, these weapons were generally considered too heavy for horse transport.

While the s FH 18 was provided with 8 standard propellant charges it was found that the two largest charges placed considerable strain on the weapon and firing was normally restricted to charges 1-6. Firing of charges 7-8 required authorization from a higher formation and the reasons had to be certified by the troop commander. The s FH 18 was the first weapon to be issued with a rocket assisted shell, however this was not entirely successful and was withdrawn after a short time. The gun had inferior range to equivalant Soviet weapons

Firing a standard high explosive shell weighing 43.50kg
  • Charge 1: velocity 210 mps, max range 4000 m
  • Charge 2: velocity 230 mps, max range 4700 m
  • Charge 3: velocity 250 mps, max range 5525 m
  • Charge 4: velocity 278 mps, max range 6625 m
  • Charge 5: velocity 320 mps, max range 8200 m
  • Charge 6: velocity 375 mps, max range 9725 m
  • Charge 7: velocity 440 mps, max range 11400 m
  • Charge 8: velocity 495 mps, max range 13250 m

The Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment in 1942 was generally organized as follows:

Abteilung I
3 batteries of 4 x10.5 cm leichte Feldhaubitze 18 (12 total)

Abteilung II
3 batteries of 4 x10.5 cm leichte Feldhaubitze 18 (12 total)

Abteilung III
1 battery of 4 x schwere 10cm Kanone 18 (4 total)
2 batteries of 4 x 15cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 (8 total)

Abteilung IV
2 batteries of 4 x 8.8 cm FlaK 18/36/37 (8 total)
1 battery of 12 x 2 cm FlaK 30/38 (12 total)

2011_3_10_DSC_0060_small.jpg

2011_3_10_DSC_0066_small.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back