Stalingrad 1942-43 (2 Viewers)

Re: Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory, Nov.'42

That is really a very nice looking set - certainly a grerat addition to your Stalingrad collection Frank. Looks fantastic next to the H&A factory - certainly reinforces the thought that FL and H&A were made for each other. I really like the backdrop you used too with the river in the background. Simply put - "Eye Candy" . . .
:smile2: Mike

Interestingly the backgrouund is from a high res panoramic picture taken from central Volgagrad (Stalingrad) looking east across the Volga. I found the picture with Google Earth.

Superb set, photography and background....:salute::

That is really a very nice looking set - certainly a grerat addition to your Stalingrad collection Frank. Looks fantastic next to the H&A factory - certainly reinforces the thought that FL and H&A were made for each other. I really like the backdrop you used too with the river in the background. Simply put - "Eye Candy" . . .

Yep, I'll go along with this assessment. Looks amazing Frank.

MD

A great set and looks great in the dio
Mitch

Frank - when you get the time you need to give us all a tutorial on how you do the post photo editing. I know you explained how you do this on a previous thread but your skills are just fantastic and are on a different level to most, certainly myself.

The shadows and removing the base of each figure coupled with your lighting makes your dioramas so life-like.

I received the 15cm s FH 18 this last week. What a fantastic piece. The detailing and overall quality is simply superb.

The 15cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 (s FH 18) was the standard heavy field howitzer of the German armed forces in WWII. It shared a common carriage with its sister weapon, the schwere 10cm Kanone 18.

From a transport perspective both weapons were handled in the same way. The guns were designed to be transported by either vehicle or horses , however the procedure to prepare the weapon for transport differed between the two modes. For vehicle tow the barrel was disconnected from the recoil mechanism and hauled all the way to the back of the cradle. For horse transport this was taken one step further and the barrel was completely removed from the carriage and the gun was split into two loads. Even so, these weapons were generally considered too heavy for horse transport.

While the s FH 18 was provided with 8 standard propellant charges it was found that the two largest charges placed considerable strain on the weapon and firing was normally restricted to charges 1-6. Firing of charges 7-8 required authorization from a higher formation and the reasons had to be certified by the troop commander. The s FH 18 was the first weapon to be issued with a rocket assisted shell, however this was not entirely successful and was withdrawn after a short time. The gun had inferior range to equivalant Soviet weapons

Firing a standard high explosive shell weighing 43.50kg
  • Charge 1: velocity 210 mps, max range 4000 m
  • Charge 2: velocity 230 mps, max range 4700 m
  • Charge 3: velocity 250 mps, max range 5525 m
  • Charge 4: velocity 278 mps, max range 6625 m
  • Charge 5: velocity 320 mps, max range 8200 m
  • Charge 6: velocity 375 mps, max range 9725 m
  • Charge 7: velocity 440 mps, max range 11400 m
  • Charge 8: velocity 495 mps, max range 13250 m

The Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment in 1942 was generally organized as follows:

Abteilung I
3 batteries of 4 x10.5 cm leichte Feldhaubitze 18 (12 total)

Abteilung II
3 batteries of 4 x10.5 cm leichte Feldhaubitze 18 (12 total)

Abteilung III
1 battery of 4 x schwere 10cm Kanone 18 (4 total)
2 batteries of 4 x 15cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 (8 total)

Abteilung IV
2 batteries of 4 x 8.8 cm FlaK 18/36/37 (8 total)
1 battery of 12 x 2 cm FlaK 30/38 (12 total)

2011_3_10_DSC_0060_small.jpg

2011_3_10_DSC_0066_small.jpg

I also have the Stalingrad 150 Howitzer with crew....This is really a great WWII piece:smile2:...... Frank's photos surely emphasize that....Can't wait to see more of his dio's with the Howitzer:salute::

Wonderful photos of a superb set. It impresses me no end how you get rid of the bases on the figures. Beautifully put together. -- Al

It's been a while since I've posted to this thread so here are a couple pictures of Pz.IIIs from 5th company, 24th Panzer Regiment (24.Panzer-Division) taken somewhere to the west of Stalingrad prior to the attack on the city itself.

2011_2_26_DSC_0004_small.jpg

2011_2_26_DSC_0005_small.jpg

Really a great diorama... (2) Panzer III tanks with different turret numbers...Makes for a great invasion scene.....Would love to see a grey Panzer IV with short barrel gun added to the mix:wink2:..Hopefully this in the plans/works for First Legion.....Just re-visiting some of the photos in this thread.....Amazing...Great skills and a fantastic product line

Another great looking photo shoot Frank . . . .

Nice shots Frank, great figures in a great building topped off with your photography skills, a winning combination.

Simon

A German heavy MG team in action.

2011_3_19_DSC_0034_small.jpg

2011_3_19_DSC_0028_small.jpg

The FL Stalingrad MG Team is an excellent highly detailed piece.... one of my favorites...A while back comparisons were being made with another manufacturer's version....sorry but NO COMPARISON....This one is the Real McCoy

Love these new pics Frank. Just 2 figures make such a brilliant scene in this case. Always look forward to seeing more of your set-ups. :salute::

MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back