Stalingrad 1942-43 (4 Viewers)

Hi
How did you achieve the allusion of dust being thrown up by the Hanomag ?
Regards
Steve

If you are referring to this effect. I use photoshop elements layers, lasso tool, filter\render clouds option. I've used for both dust and smoke on occasion.

Thanks, yes it is, it really gives the impression of the dust being thrown up by the vehicle whilst moving. :salute::
Steve

The terrain is so real, it gives life to the figures. That building is an excellent backdrop and compliments the whole scene. Does not get any better than this.:salute::, Robin.

The ultimate in Toy Soldier realism. Figures, vehicles, buiding and terrain all in scale and very realistic. The photos are superb! The blown up T34 is a very nice touch.

Thanks for the comments. I continue to try to refine and improve my scenes. I really like my T-34.

Frank

Frank; the lighting is the most realistic I have seen. Lighting is the most difficult part of a good photograph. Yours is sublime!

Thanks.

I'm using two full spectrum video lights (one CFL, one LED) pointed at the ceiling (bounce lighting) which creates a soft diffuse lighting. It works great for dawn/dusk scenes and overcast. This dawn background picture happens to blend very nicely with the base from a color perspective as well.

Direct lighting (which simulates bright sunshine) can be very harsh and have high contrast with black shadows. In my landscape photography I've really come to appreciate the various types of lighting.

Frank

Frank; thank you for all the information. I am always trying to improve my techniques. I made a discovery recently that you may find of interest given your desire for a KV1. I measued two FOV recent production AFVs; an M26 and a Jagdtiger. The sizes seemed larger than 1/32 and I decided to measure them. The M26 measured at 1/30.4. The Jagdtiger measured at 1/30.3. The KV-1 was a recent product like the Jagdtiger and may also be 1/30 scale and compatable with FL figures. I think FOV may have been trying to expand its market to 1/30 and increased the size of recently tooled vehicles. I have an older FOV Jagdpanther I measured as a control and it is 1/31.6. The scales calculated are rhe average of the scales measured in Length, Width and Height; so they are reasonably accurate. The FOV KV-1 may work for your photos until FL produces one.

It's been awhile. With this series I've played around with some style effects

Bleach Bypass:

High Contrast Retro B&W

Vintage Color

Frank

Frank. Without a doubt. You are a master. Can't decide which one I like the most. So I choose all of them! :)

Frank, awesome work as usual. Really can not decide which one I like the best. Great images. Chris

Frank, Cant find any photos of the Panzer IV Auf F2 or maybe you never got that one?

I did not purchase the Pz.IV (long). My hobby funds are limited so I have to be selective. I will get a Pz.IV Ausf G if FL releases one.

Frank

Understand Frank. Also did you do any pics of the German Heer Infantry 80mm Mortor team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back