Stalingrad 1942-43 (3 Viewers)

I just noticed the rifleman taking aim at the Russian with the shovel. Very cool placement.

What are the dimensions of that ruined factory Frank? It looks massive and I bet it cost a bit as well! It's a very impressive structure that's for sure.

Tom

Is that factory part of Rod's original massive master work he did for First Legion to help announce thier Stalingrad line back when ?
Frank as always that is an incredible piece or art, it must be hard blending out the bases:salute:::salute::. Just wonderful work. regards Gebhard

Is that factory part of Rod's original massive master work he did for First Legion to help announce thier Stalingrad line back when ?
Frank as always that is an incredible piece or art, it must be hard blending out the bases:salute:::salute::. Just wonderful work. regards Gebhard

Yes, it is, Gebhard. It was severely damaged on the way to Chicago in 2009 where it was to be shown in George's room with the new Stalingrad figures. Rod could not repair it with the limited supplies available in the hotel and had to take it back to Canada for an overhaul.

The trenches Etc. are parts that were added later as separate modules.

Frank, love these photos. They are amazing and the action depicted is very logical.

Yes, it is, Gebhard. It was severely damaged on the way to Chicago in 2009 where it was to be shown in George's room with the new Stalingrad figures. Rod could not repair it with the limited supplies available in the hotel and had to take it back to Canada for an overhaul.

The trenches Etc. are parts that were added later as separate modules.

Frank, love these photos. They are amazing and the action depicted is very logical.

Thanks for the reply, I had heard the HORROR story of how the piece was severly damaged and thought this looked to be part of it. Looking back I remembered how incredibly well done the piece was and first seeing the video they made to promote FL's "new" Stalingrad line.. Which you can still view by going to thier website, clicking on the WWII tab and then clicking on the link in blue below Franks shot of the 232. Worth a look or revisit anytime :wink2:best Gebhard

Last edited:
I took a walk down memory lane on this thread and went back to some of the original photos. Those old photos are still amazing after 7 years. When I saw the Stug it made realize I made a bad decision not getting it. But appreciate what you have not what you don't :) Anyway, Frank Keep these coming. I think this is one of the best threads I have ever seen in a forum. I always look forward to your dioramas.

Glad you like them.

As noted this factory building was one of two built for First Legion for the Chicago show which were destroyed in transit. They were rebuilt and shipped to me for some photo work. They still belong to Matt, I'm just borrowing them ^&grin.

The main building is approx 36" x 24". I has some additional groundwork tiles made by Rod (2 tiles 48" x 24" and 1 tile 36" x 24"). All put together it approx 84" x 48". I generally don't use it all put together as I like to shoot oblique angles with even greater depth than 48". A lot of these scenes are about 60" deep.

The last scene with a few crops showing more detail.

Finders keepers I say, very nice piece, I am sure Matt would understand^&grin, Robin.

Awsome Pic's Frank, I have said it before your pic's are why I hit the trigger on FL.

Neil :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

Frank. I know you have mentioned before that many of your scenic items are Hudson and Allen. How about your grass. I've been wanting to set up some simple displays and your grass always looks so lifelike. Especially the longer grass in these dioramas below.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi
How did you achieve the allusion of dust being thrown up by the Hanomag ?
Regards
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back