Stalingrad 1942-43 (2 Viewers)

Frank ....I had ZERO interest in the Eastern Front until I saw how you treated the subject matter....Now it has become a big topic between Nick and I......Great work again. Alex

Frank- your ability to say a lot with so little is just amazing. That picture overlooking the Volga with the 232 is easily one of the best pictures I have seen on this forum. Thanks for sharing your collection and amazing talents!!

Frank, exceptional as usual, I agree with Chris. Thanks for taking the trouble to share with us.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'm glad you enjoy the pics.

OOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSS

The Ruskies are back.....what great action photographs my friend, good to see these Russians in action....Are you going to buy the Russian Sniper the greater Vasily Saitsev?

Rod, I think you know I am :D

Frank ....I had ZERO interest in the Eastern Front until I saw how you treated the subject matter....Now it has become a big topic between Nick and I......Great work again. Alex

I'm glad to hear that. There is so much fascinating material to study in the east well suited to your gritty modeling style.

Frank all I can say is "Great stuff" . . . . that's exactly what you give us to look at, just great stuff . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Hi Frank ,
Another work of art {bravo}} ,,, I just spent the evening looking over my Brunswickers and looked in to see what was going on with the FL threads only to find your latest . I wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy looking at your work , and there really is a lot of work that goes into setting up such a wonderful dio . Thanks for sharing with us I'm sure I'm not alone in saying we certainly enjoy viewing the fruits of your labor..{bravo}} regards Gebhard

Thank you Mike and Gebbard.

August 12 1942

With the advance of Hoth's 4.Panzer-Armee faltering south of Stalingrad the 24.Panzer-Division was released from 6.Armee to join 4.Panzer-Armee. It made the lengthy march to the pontoon bridge located at Potemkinskaya in three march groups and reached and crossed the Don on August 13 (red arrow on map). 24.Panzer-Division would remain with 4.Panzer-Armee until September 18 when it was subordinated back to 6.Armee.

2012_2_15_DSC_0112a_small.jpg

2012_2_15_DSC_0112b_small.jpg

2012_2_15_DSC_0112b_bw_small.jpg

12-Aug-42South.jpg

What a great way to start my Sunday morning Frank. Great "eye candy" photos once again displaying your amazing photographic and director skils. Thank you for posting both the color images as well as the black & white one . . . . . allows the viewer a nice contrast. The map showing the troop movements is also a very nice touch . . . the maps you always share are also top notch and add even more interest to your pictorial stories . . . .

Thanks Frank for posting such great models of the Eastern Front along with the map.I enjoyed viewing your diorama. J

Wow!! This whole scene is so nicely done, but I especially like the artillery set and the way you havi camouflaged in the weeds.

Awsome pics, your landscaping set-up is unreal. And them FL Russian sets are nice.Look forward
to the next set {bravo}}

As always Frank some more fantastic photos, your photos and background go hand and hand together with the First Legion WWII sets and always look forward to your posts, thanks one again...Sammy

Just incredibly staged and photographed Frank . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back