Stalingrad 1942-43 (3 Viewers)

Interestingly enough, maybe under the influence of Duke, Western Outlaw and others, I have really developed a preference for the photos taken from a lower perspective, as if the photographer was part of the scene. An example for that are #1162 and #1169. The angle in #1159 to me is not as interesting.

Further, I think in the past, the photos were very clean - I think the weathering of the vehicles increased the realism of the scenes disproportionately. I here would like to credit Alex I. I really like the latest crop of pictures.

Totally agree, Frank does some of the most professional TS pictures around. Always impressed with his dioramas and photos. Hopefully someday when I grow up, I can do this kind of work. Chris

Thanks again for the positive feedback and constructive criticism over the years. It's great when we can learn from one another.

Frank

Frank, that's about as realistic series of dio photos as I can remember seeing. Fantastic POV. Beautiful work. -- Al

As always I agree with Al :)...seriously some outstanding photos Frank, love the mud in the tracks, and as always your background, terrain are perfect, thanks for posting these great shots.

Always classy work Frank, but than if you have the best of everything, how could you go wrong. Robin.

Thanks guys

The Soviets respond. Really like the naval infantryman with the DP machinegun.

Frank

I think the excellent sculpts of FL really shine here. Excellent job by Frank again.

Panzergrenadiere from 24.Panzer Division disembark from their Schützenpanzerwagen in the factory district.

Frank

Extraordinary modelling! Beautiful blending of diorama base and backdrop. And of course the best figures and vehicles, First Legion.:salute:::salute::

Thanks for the kind words

Soviet infantry hitch a ride on a 1942 model STZ manufactured T-34

Frank

Frank, you are without a doubt, a genius when it comes to photographing historical miniature. Your results are always so life like . . . the realism created is just beyond words.
:smile2: Mike

What more can be said.....Masterful Diorama's and photography.....Fantastic, Realistic, Simply the BEST:salute:::salute:::salute::....First Legion RULES IN STALINGRAD{sm4}

Last edited:
Your weathering is outstanding — to add a new superlative to the ones you received over the last nine years. And while with photography, there was a clear development in quality over the years, the weathering is top notch right from the start. Very nice. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back