Sudan Campaigns 1880 - 1898 (1 Viewer)

They are very nice, Martyn...You are obviously are very good with camels...they avoid me for some reason :D
Al

Thanks Al

As a famous person, whose name escapes me right now;), once said "You can never have too many camels"

Cheers

Martyn:)

Two Camel Corp figures by RED BOX: just for comparison.
Al

Attachments

• redbox.jpg
    redbox.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 135
NAVAL BRIGADE CAMEL CORP

SS54SS55.jpg

Cheers

Al,
The figures seem very...Little Legionesque. Any relation between the two companies?
Mike
I have no idea, Mike. RD went out of business about 5 years ago, and I do not know how long Mike Norris (LL) has been in business :eek:
Al

I love camel pictures. Thanks guys.

Has everyone seen the new Regal camel corps figures? I really like them, and I think they would mix well with Trophy or Little Legion. They come in red tunics, the more accurate grey, or blue for Royal artillery.

Cheers,
Sam

WAR IN EGYPT 1882

A contingent of U.S. Marines has landed to protect US interests after the Bombardment of Alexandria. Here two Marines are passing the time of day with two of their British counterparts

ILLUSTRATED LONDON NEWS JULY 29TH

alexandriausukILN.jpg

ILLUSTRATED WOKING NEWS

alexandriausuKNEWSPAPER.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

This if one of my favorites from the London Illustrated News: "First in the Fray." I had a go at recreating it, but I'd really like to see what you could come up with

Thanks,
Sam

Attachments

• 80ca828fba3cb76f_landing.jpg
    80ca828fba3cb76f_landing.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 388
  • first_in_the_fray.JPG
    first_in_the_fray.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 291
Martyn,

This if one of my favorites from the London Illustrated News: "First in the Fray." I had a go at recreating it, but I'd really like to see what you could come up with

Thanks,
Sam

That is great Sam:cool:

Cheers

The fresh supply of water was vital to the advance of the Nile Expedition in their ill-fated attempt to relieve General Gordon at Khartoum
Here members of the Mounted Infantry, drawn from the ranks of the Grenadier Guards, occupy a desert well and await the arrival of the Camel Corps

ABUKLEA1GG.jpg

ABUKLEA2GG.jpg

Grenadier Guards Officer meets Officers from the Life Guards and Naval Brigade at the same time reloading his pistol

ABUKLEA3GG.jpg

ABUKLEA1cc.jpg

The advance party of the Camel Corps arrive to refill their water bags

ABUKLEA2cc.jpg

ABUKLEAwells.jpg

Cheers

The fresh supply of water was vital to the advance of the Nile Expedition in their ill-fated attempt to relieve General Gordon at Khartoum
Here members of the Mounted Infantry, drawn from the ranks of the Grenadier Guards, occupy a desert well and await the arrival of the Camel Corps

ABUKLEA1GG.jpg

ABUKLEA2GG.jpg

Grenadier Guards Officer meets Officers from the Life Guards and Naval Brigade at the same time reloading his pistol

ABUKLEA3GG.jpg

ABUKLEA1cc.jpg

The advance party of the Camel Corps arrive to refill their water bags

ABUKLEA2cc.jpg

ABUKLEAwells.jpg

Cheers

Me favourite period (after the Crimean) at the moment! :cool:........camels eh! ;):D

Jeff

ABUKLEA1cc.jpg

Hi Martyn,

Very nicely done.....some rather hard to find Camel Corps sets you have there.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Martyn,

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,
A true delight!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back