The Crimean War collection from K&C UK. (1 Viewer)

aujj65

Colonel
Seems to be a bit of interest on the forum lately regarding K&C UK’s Crimean War range. I was in at the beginning and have completed all of the releases as they came out. Having moved house recently and having acquired some larger display cabinets the time was right to increase numbers and add display pieces. The backdrops, terrain mats, and most of the scenic items are JG Miniatures (and a WBritains gabion section).

So, the following photos are of my shelf displays in one of the cabinets.

Jeff

Here we have my rendition of part of the Battle of the Alma, where the Coldstream Guards supported by the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders attack the Russian gun batteries.

Jeff

Attachments

• ALM05.jpg
    ALM05.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 570
  • ALM02.jpg
    ALM02.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 426
  • ALM03.jpg
    ALM03.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 417
  • ALM04.jpg
    ALM04.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 611
  • ALM01.jpg
    ALM01.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 491
The Battle of Balaclava is represented by both the Charge of the Light Brigade and the attack by Russian Cavalry on The Thin Red Line!

Jeff

Attachments

• BAL05.jpg
    BAL05.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 404
  • BAL02.jpg
    BAL02.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 386
  • BAL03.jpg
    BAL03.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 378
  • BAL04.jpg
    BAL04.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 375
  • BAL01.jpg
    BAL01.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 357
Nice photos and collection Jeff. The figures and scenery are interesting. I collect the Britain's glossy Crimean figures. John

Thanks Jeff it's nice seeing what you've done in creating your shelf dioramas and sharing them with us.......Joe{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Excellent pics Jeff, terrific collection you have there. Crimean War was a superb range and featured IMHO some of the best mounted figs K&C has made.

Thanks for posting mate

Rob

Great pictures of a very nice collection Jeff {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Great pictures Jeff. Thanks for posting. I'm about 90% there on the range and need to add a few multiples too like you have done so well. I agree with Rob that they are some of the best figures K&C have done in terms of sculpting and painting and have great diorama possibilities.....

The Charge of the Light Brigade is one of my favourite war films. I first got interested in the campaign when the company 'All the Queens Men' (Derek Cross and Alan Caton was the sculptor) released the 'Return' series in 80mm back in the late seventies / early eighties. There were 7 or 8 sets including a Lord Cardigan, Captain Morris, a dead Nolan, a Blind Man, Private Pennington, etc.

It's a shame the K&C series has ended, but is was a bold and very much appreciated venture from the Neville's........

Here we have my rendition of part of the Battle of the Alma, where the Coldstream Guards supported by the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders attack the Russian gun batteries.

Jeff

Simply love it!! What more is there to say!!

Perhaps some quote from C Aubrey Smith out of the 1939 version of the Four Feathers............

Ludwig!!

What a great display. This was indeed a great colourful series from K&C, perhaps their best. I really like the way separate battles are displayed, History in display! Thanks for posting these great photos.

Paulo

Well guys, many thanks for all the kind words, which are greatly appreciated. :smile2:

The Crimean War has always been overshadowed by the Napoleonic period but it has still got the colourful uniforms and diversity of troop types that appeals to me.

Cheers.

Jeff

Well guys, many thanks for all the kind words, which are greatly appreciated. :smile2:

The Crimean War has always been overshadowed by the Napoleonic period but it has still got the colourful uniforms and diversity of troop types that appeals to me.

Cheers.

Jeff

I agree Jeff :salute::, I don't have any NAP sets but I do have one or two Trophy Crimean War sets, although they are a bit on the shiny side^&grin

Cheers

Very nice pictures of a very nice range from the guys at K&CUK
Mitch

I agree Jeff :salute::, I don't have any NAP sets but I do have one or two Trophy Crimean War sets, although they are a bit on the shiny side^&grin

Cheers

Just a few? A quick spray with some MATT varnish will sort them out Martyn!

Jeff

Very nice {sm4} Really wish I'd bought a few of those Scots! They look terrific

Very nice pictures of a very nice range from the guys at K&CUK
Mitch

Looks good, Jeff!

Jim

The Crimean War range should be added to the K&C database

Very nice {sm4} Really wish I'd bought a few of those Scots! They look terrific

Thanks everyone! :smile2:

Just received 6 more figures this morning to make a nice round 90 and 4 guns - it is a very nice range. ^&cool

Jeff

Just a few? A quick spray with some MATT varnish will sort them out Martyn!

Jeff

Now, now I thought you were a mate and a fellow aficionado of GLOSS ^&grin:tongue:

I must admit those K&C Crimean War figures are very nice........................... but I think you should post them all to Konrad, he will get them looking correct ^&cool:p

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back