The First Sudan War (3 Viewers)

Martin Tabony;Not wanting to blow my own trumpet. Officer directing fire. If you don't like them, you don't like like.

Hi Martin,
A very nice Nordenfelt and marine complement, and the soldiers in khaki seem to be very nice also. Who is the manufacturer?Are these still in the retail market?
Please join the artillery fans club and add this photo to it....it is a great photo, if you have more please add.

They are part of the Heritage range fro Maison Militaire. It's actualy a Gardner Gun but in such a small picture they do look very similar.

Martin

They are part of the Heritage range fro Maison Militaire. It's actualy a Gardner Gun but in such a small picture they do look very similar.

Martin

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the prompt feedback, any idea on how to reach out to the Maison Militaire?Do they have a site?
On a separate note, look forward to seeing your great sets in the artillery fans club and album......We will have great opportunities to discuss Vicky´s Little Wars....

The latest naval brigade releases are nice...my force keeps growing..{sm4}

Attachments

• naval.jpg
    naval.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 266
Brent...great display...you did a fine job showing off your collection...I'm still collecting these figures...but had fallen out of touch with them...but am really excited "again" about them now that the Mahdists are now coming out...I kind of fell out of touch and felt like I was just showing the same figures in any new photos without a combatant...but it's really peaked up my interest now that they will finally have an enemy...

Peter...this is the latest set from JJD...

Attachments

• SUD-05.jpg
    SUD-05.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 234
These really are growing on me with every release. More Madhists and I'm guessing more collectors might step in too.

These really are growing on me with every release. More Madhists and I'm guessing more collectors might step in too.

I think with JJD this has slowed the collectors getting involved with the series. The initial excitement has worn off.

I think with JJD this has slowed the collectors getting involved with the series. The initial excitement has worn off.

I completely agree. While there has been a rash of 20th Century stuff released, a number of the earlier lines have langished. It's been several months without anything new w/ the Jacobite Rebellion. Makes me wonder if this great series has come to an end. :redface2: While at first very happy w/ Ticonderoga - the lack of French troops or hint of what they will be is also very disappointing.

A good thing for the Sudan collectors is the knowledge that these great Hadendowa figures will be a future release. This is the great kind of artwork from John Jenkins that got me hooked on his figures from the very beginning.

attachment.php

Dragoon,
I can't wait for that to be released...The Royal Marines will be a nice addition...If it wasn't for me being only focused on collecting this series at this time, I would have bailed, but I have always liked this conflict....So I'm sticking with it...but it's hard....

I completely agree. While there has been a rash of 20th Century stuff released, a number of the earlier lines have langished. It's been several months without anything new w/ the Jacobite Rebellion. Makes me wonder if this great series has come to an end. :redface2: While at first very happy w/ Ticonderoga - the lack of French troops or hint of what they will be is also very disappointing.

A good thing for the Sudan collectors is the knowledge that these great Hadendowa figures will be a future release. This is the great kind of artwork from John Jenkins that got me hooked on his figures from the very beginning.

attachment.php

I spoke to John today...I think we are going to see a ton of Mahdists and Bejans coming very soon...I am so ready for some...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back