The Glory of Rome (2 Viewers)

Wife called and stated a box arrived at the house for me^&grin. To bad I'm at work 45 mins away:(

My first legionaries have arrived and they are stunning. Just a fast look, have other things to go. The gladius's blades are metal and they even show the nut at the end of the handle to afix the blade. Thats what I like about FL, the attention to detail. I'm sure when I get a chance later to examine them again, I'll find more small details that set FL apart from all others... Thanks First Legion

Posted a few quick photo's and some size comparisons in the new romans thread.look amazing.i am in love again--do not tell the wife.look very close to my aeroart romans --stainless steel weapons --careful very sharp-- shields look great --spectacular paint --a total winner .congrats to matt and all at fl.i am shocked at how nice these are for the money.i will be after the whole line if i can swing it.

Posted a few quick photo's and some size comparisons in the new romans thread.look amazing.i am in love again--do not tell the wife.look very close to my aeroart romans --stainless steel weapons --careful very sharp-- shields look great --spectacular paint --a total winner .congrats to matt and all at fl.i am shocked at how nice these are for the money.i will be after the whole line if i can swing it.

My first legionaries have arrived and they are stunning. Just a fast look, have other things to go. The gladius's blades are metal and they even show the nut at the end of the handle to afix the blade. Thats what I like about FL, the attention to detail. I'm sure when I get a chance later to examine them again, I'll find more small details that set FL apart from all others... Thanks First Legion

Hi Guys ,
I received the first eight yesterday also couldn't agree more these guys look Fantastic . regards Gebhard

I bought 4 Romans today, and I'm tremendously happy with them. I've attached some photos below (low res) - 4 FL, and one Tatiana Pegaso build, for comparison.

The detail and paint is excellent. As another thread mentions, the gladius and pilum (aside from the shaft) are steel. In the right light, looking closely, I noticed on one figure a slight edge to the pattern on the shield - a decal, I'd expect, at this price point, and it's blended very well. In fact, looking at my photos I can't now see it at all...

I'll be getting more of these - have to get enough foot soldiers to have enough context for the 009 - 016 lot! Thanks a bunch FL.

Rome 4 sml.JPGRome 2 sml.JPGRome 3 sml.JPGRome 1 sml.JPGRome 5 sml.JPG

Excellent photos of outstanding figures. Thank you very much. This helps with the purchase decision.

I noted 5 figures in one of the photos....who is the middle figure: Pegaso??...Never heard of them?

Pegaso??...Never heard of them?

My apologies for not being more precise. Pagaso are a manufacture of metal kits e.g. http://www.pegasomodels.it/productdetails_en.asp?id=178.

Russian painters either offer their own product, or they build, improve upon and paint 3rd party figures. So the middle figure is, to the best of my knowledge, a Pegaso figure, built and painted by Aeroart/Tatiana of St Petersburg, and unfortunately sold at a somewhat higher price than these also excellent FL Figures. By including it for comparison my intent was to demonstrate my opinion that these FL Romans are the way forwards from a price v quality perspective.

My apologies for not being more precise. Pagaso are a manufacture of metal kits e.g. http://www.pegasomodels.it/productdetails_en.asp?id=178.

Russian painters either offer their own product, or they build, improve upon and paint 3rd party figures. So the middle figure is, to the best of my knowledge, a Pegaso figure, built and painted by Aeroart/Tatiana of St Petersburg, and unfortunately sold at a somewhat higher price than these also excellent FL Figures. By including it for comparison my intent was to demonstrate my opinion that these FL Romans are the way forwards from a price v quality perspective.

Thank you for a detailed response much appreciated...Best Frank

So guys know that they have shipped , anyone have any early favorites from the first eight ? For me its out of ROM1 or ROM4 . Regards Gebhard

So guys know that they have shipped , anyone have any early favorites from the first eight ? For me its out of ROM1 or ROM4 . Regards Gebhard

LOVE ROM1 AND ROM4 ALSO LIKE ROM2 A LOT.REALLY HAPPY WITH ALL OF THEM.BRIAN FROM CS POSTED THAT HIS NEW ROMANS ARE 54MM SO THEY WILL FIT SIZE WISE AT LEAST WITH THE FIRST LEGION,CONTE ,AEROART AND OTHER RUSSIAN MAKERS.AMAZING HOW MANY ROMANS COMING OUT BETWEEN NOW AND END OF THE YEAR.VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO LOVE ROMANS.^&grin^&grin^&grin MIKE B.{sm4}

Approaching the end of July. Hopefully the next 8 will ship any day now.

Unfortunately it appears the next 8 Romans might be a little delayed :( Oh well at least we know there coming.

I've never collected Romans as the subject doesn't really interest me (although I do enjoy reading Shakespeare's Julius Caesar) but if I were to collect them, FL would be the ones I would purchase. The ones on the workbench look outstanding, particularly the Germanic warrior. FL seem to have got that look right. Also, the faces on these figures look like faces should look :smile2:

Agreed- again, one could do the invasion of Britain with these figures but would need to omit certain figures- as Matt stated- the VEXILLIFER being one of them. yeah, he touches Zama, and the Carthaginian war elephants- WWOWOWOWOW!! {bravo}}

BTW- Great avatar- getting yourself ready for the release eh?? :)

Forgive my ignorance of the matter but why would the figure need to be omitted, were they not around at the time of the invasion of Britian? Which other figures fall into this category?

Thanks, Chris

Forgive my ignorance of the matter but why would the figure need to be omitted, were they not around at the time of the invasion of Britian? Which other figures fall into this category?

Thanks, Chris

Legio I Minerva was never in Britain so the Legio I Minerva Vexillifer shouldn't typically be used in a Britannia format. However, FL has released ROM022 which is the Vexillifer for Legio VI which was in Britain. By collecting both Vexillifers you would have the flexibility of doing both Germania and Britannia scenarios.
:smile2: Mike

Legio I Minerva was never in Britain so the Legio I Minerva Vexillifer shouldn't typically be used in a Britannia format. However, FL has released ROM022 which is the Vexillifer for Legio VI which was in Britain. By collecting both Vexillifers you would have the flexibility of doing both Germania and Britannia scenarios.
:smile2: Mike

Thanks Mike, I had realised as much after I posted the message but that you for clarifying.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back