The Glory of Rome (3 Viewers)

Here are two photos of my small "Band of Roman Brothers" . . . . . They appear to be in a desparate fix {eek3} . . . . . Nothing like fighting off imaginary barbarians :wink2: . . . . It will be nice to have some actual Germania warriors to fight . . . .
:smile2: Mike

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

Looks great Mike. This little group of Romans looks like they are really in deep trouble! Can't wait to see it when there are some Germans surrounding them.

Noah

Here are two photos of my small "Band of Roman Brothers" . . . . . They appear to be in a desparate fix {eek3} . . . . . Nothing like fighting off imaginary barbarians :wink2: . . . . It will be nice to have some actual Germania warriors to fight . . . .
View attachment 85913

Hello Mike,
Beautiful display.{bravo}}
One feels on the faces of those Romans, "fear" of future contact with the barbarians!{sm5}{sm5}{sm2}
Your talent as a photographer and director is perfect.
Thank you for sharing.
Cordially. Guy.:salute::

View attachment 85912

Hi Mike ,
Looks Great..... really realistic the way you set this up {bravo}} can't wait to see what it looks like when the good guys show up :wink2: .. Regards Gebhard

Here's something I would love to have, a Roman watch tower . . . . might be an easy project to do myself . . . . . . Would be very cool if FL produced one similar to this . . . .

RomanWatchTower.jpg

Here's something I would love to have, a Roman watch tower . . . . might be an easy project to do myself . . . . . . Would be very cool if FL produced one similar to this . . . .

RomanWatchTower.jpg

The watchtower is an excellent idea!!

I've been taking another closer look at that Tribune...he certainly is very sharp......there were 6 to a legion so just because I have a St Pete one doesn't mean I can't take the FL one too!! :rolleyes: the thing I have really grown to admire, and at the risk of sounding like I've switched teams, but the leg definition on these figures is simply superb!! The optio has the stout legs of a man who has carried himself all over Gaul, Britannia, maybe stretched into Caledonia and then hoofed it back to Roma. Even the casualty figure in the two man vignette- dude has some stout calf muscles if I may say so myself. :rolleyes::redface2:

I think I need another job {bravo}}

the thing I have really grown to admire, and at the risk of sounding like I've switched teams, but the leg definition on these figures is simply superb!! The optio has the stout legs of a man who has carried himself all over Gaul, Britannia, maybe stretched into Caledonia and then hoofed it back to Roma. Even the casualty figure in the two man vignette- dude has some stout calf muscles if I may say so myself. :rolleyes::redface2:

I hadn't noticed it on these figures, but you make a good point. Seems like I remember reading that the legionaries went on regular route marches as part of their standard training. It would seem then, that having strong calves would be a common trait after a bit of service!

Noah

Nicely done and shows a good comparison of the CS figs to the FL figs. I looked at these photos when you posted them earlier on the CS thread. I plan on getting a few more FL Roman recruits in March . . . . I think the Barbarians will make thier appearance in April . . . .]

Thanks Mike they really are great figures,i can not wait to get the barbarians.Really good job by Matt and FL.Mike B.

Did anyone notice on FL's website the Roman in the top left has a blue shield?
Mark

Mark

I did a few weeks ago Mark. I believe he's a mounted cavalry figure . . . . hoping anyway . . . .

Mark

I did a few weeks ago Mark. I believe he's a mounted cavalry figure . . . . hoping anyway . . . .

I had noticed the same thing, and like Mike, believed it was an auxiliary cavalryman. And of course, who doesn't want to be like Mike?^&grin

However, after looking at it more, I think the figure might actually be a Praetorian instead. It looks like the figure has the banded lorica segmentata armor and an Imperial Gallic-type helmet. I don't believe either of these were in general use by auxiliary cavalry. Also, it seems that the scutum boss is more square, like a legionaries' would be. It certainly doesn't look round, like the usual boss on cavalry shields.

Noah

Just noticed that ROM 001 is retired ??????????

Yep . . . . noticed the samething this past Sundy . . . . . no longer shown on the FL web site. My "go to" store suspects that it is sold out also . . . . :( and I don't have this one . . . .

Yep . . . . noticed the samething this past Sundy . . . . . no longer shown on the FL web site. My "go to" store suspects that it is sold out also . . . . :( and I don't have this one . . . .

I checked around and was told at least for now it is not available. It was on my list too.

However, after looking at it more, I think the figure might actually be a Praetorian instead. It looks like the figure has the banded lorica segmentata armor and an Imperial Gallic-type helmet. I don't believe either of these were in general use by auxiliary cavalry. Also, it seems that the scutum boss is more square, like a legionaries' would be. It certainly doesn't look round, like the usual boss on cavalry shields.

Noah

Noah I agree with your assessment. I don't think the uniform fits with typical Roman cav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back