"The Zulu War" (2 Viewers)

Joe,

This is an amazing thread and story that you tell. I look forward to this every day to see what you have up your sleeve.

It really is superbly done Joe,your very talented.Some of the scenes are so sharp and realistic i've just dodged a spear!.I also really enjoy the story thread .You have a wonderful collection and must be very proud.For your poor soldiers manning the barricade it must be the longest attack in History!

Rob

Brad and Rob it's been fun playing and photographing my defenders of The Drift and their attacking foe The Zulus. Like Sir Stanley Baker and Cy Endfield I'm taking liberties with my story telling but the Characters and a number of the events spoken about are true to History. Thanks to both of you for your comments along with others who've comment. Unlike Baker and Enfield I have no fear of running out of flim so the Zulu War will move along covering events that took place....The Lt.

The Zulus make an all out attempt to overcome the defenders.......The Lt.

Attachments

• pic000MA16698069-0001.jpg
    pic000MA16698069-0001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 96
  • pic001MA16698069-0002.jpg
    pic001MA16698069-0002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 98
  • pic002MA16698069-0003.jpg
    pic002MA16698069-0003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 99
  • pic003MA16698069-0004.jpg
    pic003MA16698069-0004.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 94
  • pic004MA16698069-0005.jpg
    pic004MA16698069-0005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 92
Britains Private Hitch and Assistanat Commissary Dalton providing ammo for the defenders of the Barricade...........The Lt.

pic001-17.jpg

Colour Sergeant Bourne reloads his rifle as Private Desmond and Payton select targets..............The Lt.

pic001-43.jpg

Little Legion for you

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 90
Damian The Little Legion photos are featuring Sets Z38, 40, 47, 50, 67, 68, 96 and 97 and I've only got 38 your up on me with those sets.

Your Trophy Photo is featuring sets BD 1, 7 & 9, along with hand to hand sets HZ16, 18, and 22. and I've got HZ 18 and 22 with the single figure of Durnford.

Now I' know why you can't wait to get into your new home to set them up you've a great start for Rorke's Drift as well as Isandlwana. Thanks for sharing your collection.....The Lt.

Last edited:
Sorry for going waaaay off topic but since most of you zulu war fanatics gather here I HAVE to share this with you guys; there is a widescreen version available for zuludawn (2.35.1; the real widescreen and not the 16:9 cropped version)

Yup, since march 2006 as "l'ultime attaque". I ordered it and it's really widescreen instead of 16:9
It's a french R2 release. The french audio is dolby but the english track is mono. But at least the english version is there without subtitles.

And according to the packaging, it's a new hd transfer but I haven't got the mosaic version to compare or a nice Tv to put it to the test.

Do a google for "l'ultime attaque dvd" and you'll find it.

screengrab ;

20070401172807ze2.png

It was new to me that this version had been around for over a year know, so maybe it's new for you to.

I ordered mine here for just 8 euros;
http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/21616150/L-ultime-Attaque-DVD-Zone-2.html

Ian Knight one of the great living Zulu War historians claims that Zulu Dawn is full of half truths but I don't agree. It deals with the deception that lead up to the war quite well and I think it deals with certain aspects of teh actual battle itself quite well. Obviously the whole colours falling in the river is a bit of poetic licence. I think it is a very good movie to be honest. Zulu is obviously my favourite although that was filmed miles from Rorkes Drift and is incorrect because the film is set during daylight not during nighttime. Still, they are great movies.

I think Little Legion is a worthy successor to Trophy. You have to be patient though. It takes about 6 months to get your order. I am waiting for a parcel. I just hope it doesn't get lost. It has never happened before.

Regards
Damian Clarke

Six months?? Does he make figures to order? I have no idea how big or small LL is. I don't have anything from them yet but ordered a catalog over a week ago.

But yes, Zuludawn is a great film that gets the basic feeling right. To me that's more important than accuracy. if I want true accounts I'll read a book.
Brave mens blood for example or the Osprey series.
I'm just glad anything like ZD got made alltogether.

Littel Legion is a bit of a cottage industry/ You order and Mike makes the stuff. It takes a while. I think MKL and Under Two Flags in London may stock some of his figures. It is also good to go to the London show and catvh him there. I have to order and wait being where I am in the world. Perhaps you could catch a ferry to the UK in June.
Regards
Damian Clarke

Littel Legion is a bit of a cottage industry/ You order and Mike makes the stuff. It takes a while. I think MKL and Under Two Flags in London may stock some of his figures. It is also good to go to the London show and catvh him there. I have to order and wait being where I am in the world. Perhaps you could catch a ferry to the UK in June.
Regards
Damian Clarke

Here in the U.S. Paul Herrman of the Toy Soldier Shoppe (the K&C dealer in Wauwatusa, Wisconsin) keeps Little Legion in stock. Paul is one of my favorite dealers, and a great guy.

Trooper Lugg along with 3 privates of B Company contiune firing at will as the Zulus continue their assault.....The Lt.

pic002-40.jpg

Trooper Lugg along with 3 privates of B Company contiune firing at will as the Zulus continue their assault.....The Lt.

pic002-40.jpg

Have you noticed that it's always poor old Will that gets it :D

Joe, this has got to be the most entertaining thread for a long time, a big thank you.

Jeff

Hey Lt., I see your keeping the Drift safe. Its good seeing others posting some of their Zulus and 24ths. Yea will gets nailed every time. Joachim, that is a great movie pic. That would be a cool poster. I have to see that movie again. Mike.

Lieutenant Adendorff and Private Jones are now in the thick of things.....The Lt.

pic003-42.jpg

The Lieutenant's back defending his Drift. Hope all's been well with everyone....The Lt.

pic005-17.jpg

I was wondering where you were LT. I thought those Zulus might have came and gotten you.:p

Lieutenant Chard faces off against two Zulu Warriors......The Lt.

015.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back