Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

All,

Chris you nailed it, but I have a couple as well to add on:

-Ordering a beer and you have to ASK for a chilled glass. Im not a snob here, but I loathe drinking out of the bottle and I want that glass frosted man.

-Lumpy guacamole...No, no, NO! You mashed that chit dang it and make sure you put the right spices it like mom did.

-Chipotle and other restaurants calling meats "barbacoa". There is only one barbacoa...beef cheek meat.

-A mexican restaurant who uses store bought tortillas...SHAME!

-Serving Chicken Fried Steak and NOT having brown gravy..."DON'T FORGET THE GRAVY".

-Not putting napkins in your drive through order...***...how am I supposed to eat and run with out napkins?

-Airport eateries or bars that don't have Crown Royal.

-Texting drivers...pay the F&^% attention.

-My cable company requires a home phone number in order to have service and you have to pay for that line. I have not had a home phone in like 15 years with the advent of cell phones.

John from Texas

PS: Hey Combat, why soccer? I love the USAWMNT brother...tough women making it happen and going for the fourth World Cup Title. C'mon man, where is the love?

All,

PS: Hey Combat, why soccer? I love the USAWMNT brother...tough women making it happen and going for the fourth World Cup Title. C'mon man, where is the love?

The flopping drives me absolutely crazy. And why always grab your knee? If they are going to fake an injury, then diversify. I can't get into a sport where games can end in a 0-0 tie. What that said, I watched a few minutes of the USA-France game and was pleased to see there was actually some action. The tired old politics of USA women's team is annoying. I'm not sure why athletes have to express political opinions.

All,

Chris you nailed it, but I have a couple as well to add on:

-Ordering a beer and you have to ASK for a chilled glass. Im not a snob here, but I loathe drinking out of the bottle and I want that glass frosted man.

-Lumpy guacamole...No, no, NO! You mashed that chit dang it and make sure you put the right spices it like mom did.

-Chipotle and other restaurants calling meats "barbacoa". There is only one barbacoa...beef cheek meat.

-A mexican restaurant who uses store bought tortillas...SHAME!

-Serving Chicken Fried Steak and NOT having brown gravy..."DON'T FORGET THE GRAVY".

-Not putting napkins in your drive through order...***...how am I supposed to eat and run with out napkins?

-Airport eateries or bars that don't have Crown Royal.

-Texting drivers...pay the F&^% attention.

-My cable company requires a home phone number in order to have service and you have to pay for that line. I have not had a home phone in like 15 years with the advent of cell phones.

John from Texas

What is chicken fried steak?

What is chicken fried steak?

Wayne...

chicken fried steak...
or CFS...
is a traditional Southern fare...

it is a beef cutlet...
that has been run through a tenderizer...
then breaded in a flour and cracker meal mixture...
and deep fried...
unlike John liking brown gravy on it...
which I can't believe as a true Southerner he likes...^&grin
the traditional gravy is a white milk and pepper gravy...
a tasty meal...

a spin off meal...
chicken fried chicken...
made using the same process substituting a tenderized chicken breast...
is also a popular fare in the South...

both delicious...

Attachments

• exps120399_TH153342B02_11_7b_WEB.jpg
    exps120399_TH153342B02_11_7b_WEB.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Wayne...

chicken fried steak...
or CFS...
is a traditional Southern fare...

it is a beef cutlet...
that has been run through a tenderizer...
then breaded in a flour and cracker meal mixture...
and deep fried...
unlike John liking brown gravy on it...
which I can't believe as a true Southerner he likes...^&grin
the traditional gravy is a white milk and pepper gravy...
a tasty meal...

a spin off meal...
chicken fried chicken...
made using the same process substituting a tenderized chicken breast...
is also a popular fare in the South...

both delicious...

Sounds nice mate thank you.

Beef cutlet sounds interesting must be a different name here

Yes it's crumbed steak a schnitzel

Mike,

You got me there. I like Chicken Fried Chicken with white gravy...especially from Luby's. UMMMMMHMMMM! AND a slice of pecan pie. YES!

Wayne,

There is a joint here in San Antonio called Bud Jones, and here you go:
Unknown.jpeg

Stop it its good!

Combat,

The flopping is more prevalent with Mens soccer. These women are tough and got three Stars on their uniform to prove it. Yeah, 3-THREE World Cup titles and may have a fourth. They deserve respect brother and athletes have been protesting for decades from all lines of sport.

John from Texas

John...

I owned that restaurant for 27 years...
we used a standard 12 x 7 platter to serve our CFS...
it would hang off the edges it was so big...
giant longshoremen would come in and split one they were so big...
people would stop me on the street and tell me...
"We love your CFS...it's as big as my head"...
it was a very popular item served with mashed potatoes, Texas t-toast and green beans...

I have never seen brown gravy on a CFS...
that's a first for me...
that's a sacrilege in the South...^&grin
gotta be served with peppered milk gravy...

and yea George...

it's a heart attack on a plate...
eat the whole thing and you go into a Homer Simpson coma...

John...

I owned that restaurant for 27 years...
we used a standard 12 x 7 platter to serve our CFS...
it would hang off the edges it was so big...
giant longshoremen would come in and split one they were so big...
people would stop me on the street and tell me...
"We love your CFS...it's as big as my head"...
it was a very popular item served with mashed potatoes, Texas t-toast and green beans...

I have never seen brown gravy on a CFS...
that's a first for me...
that's a sacrilege in the South...^&grin
gotta be served with peppered milk gravy...

and yea George...

it's a heart attack on a plate...
eat the whole thing and you go into a Homer Simpson coma...

Texas t toast ???

Brown Gravy on a chicken fried steak??? We really should bring back stocks in the public square..

Wayne...

you sound like you're hungry today...^&grin

you know how product branding is...

Texas t-toast is just a thick sliced bread...
oozing and lathered in butter and garlic...
and grilled til softly browned on a flat grill...
a little slice of heaven that Southerners gave the moniker "Texas" to...

you dip that in the white gravy...hehehe...

Combat,

The flopping is more prevalent with Mens soccer. These women are tough...…………….

John from Texas

Took the words right out of my mouth; I watched that match yesterday, the women have it all over the men as to the way they play the game.

There was a flop here or there, but NOTHING like you'd see in a men's match, specifically the rolling around on the ground like they'd been shot, it's embarrassing to see it time after time in a men's match.

Sack up and play the game.

Great job ladies/girls/gals/whatever the preferred term is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The flopping drives me absolutely crazy. And why always grab your knee? If they are going to fake an injury, then diversify...

Here's why they always grab their knees...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkIz6qLPwc

" 'You better not touch certain areas of your body...' So I grabbed my head..."

On one of his other albums, he told this story, and the punch line was, "To make it look good, they bandaged up my head!"

Last edited:
Up until about 15-years ago, I thought chicken fried steak was made with chicken.

It can be. I have always known the beef version as country fried steak and the chicken version as chicken fried steak.

Took the words right out of my mouth; I watched that match yesterday, the women have it all over the men as to the way they play the game.

There was a flop here or there, but NOTHING like you'd see in a men's match, specifically the rolling around on the ground like they'd been shot, it's embarrassing to see it time after time in a men's match.

Sack up and play the game.

Great job ladies/girls/gals/whatever the preferred term is.

Yes, the men seem even worse. When a gust of wind hits them they fall like JFK in the Zapruder film, roll around for thirty seconds, grab their leg/knee, grimace in pain, eventually stand up, run their hands through their hair, flex the leg a couple of times and then trot off like Seabiscuit. The replay then clearly shows they were not touched. They should have a penalty like they have in hockey for embellishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Combat,

The flopping is more prevalent with Mens soccer. These women are tough and got three Stars on their uniform to prove it. Yeah, 3-THREE World Cup titles and may have a fourth. They deserve respect brother and athletes have been protesting for decades from all lines of sport.

John from Texas

No doubt they are good, but you don't earn respect just by winning. They have embarrassed themselves time and again with their arrogant and idiotic behavior on the field and off. Running up the score, excessive celebrations, acting like buffoons. If a group of small kids acted like that on a soccer field, it wouldn't be tolerated by any responsible adult.

Mike,

I'm a brown gravy on my CFS steak guy and by God it is good. But, like I said I only like cream gravy on my CFC. I for one can eat the WHOLE thing, but the last time I did I could not move for about 8 hours...I just sat in my chair and grunted.

Anyway, I guess I feel the same amount of "gee whiz here we go again" annoyance when Colin Kapernick started the whole kneeling during the anthem in support/protest by way of the BLM movement as you guys feel about Rapinoe's angst towards visiting the Casa Blanca. So, I get it, but neither of them pay my bills so whatever.

So, not to take away from this cool *** funny thread here are a couple of more annoyances:

-My wife dictating how to drive and using SIRI for directions "turn left here"...SHUT UP SIRI and turn that thing off! (Thats why I don't drive anymore when we go somewhere together)

-People walking around watching videos on their cell phone with the sound full blast.

John from Texas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back