Thomas Gunn sets arrived (4 Viewers)

that's taking political correctness a bit too wide eh rob :)
matter of factly, isn't it a praise to the unmentioned manufacturer that this promising TG offering goes well together with it? ;)

I rest my case Nasir:rolleyes:.Some people are determined to see ulterior motives in any posts,this i'm afraid kills free discussion.Not to mention the fact that i've already talked to Tom about how well his product fits with others and did not seem to take the slightest offence.

Rob

Hi Thomas. If you are selling off all of your K&C, :eek::D I believe you have been collecting them a long time. Do you have any early ones for sale cheap, since it's a clear-out. :D

Terry

So how many of you guys are eagerly awaiting TG's second release,i'm looking forward to getting it this week,the FJ's are going to grow in number pretty quick i feel!:)

Rob

So how many of you guys are eagerly awaiting TG's second release,i'm looking forward to getting it this week,the FJ's are going to grow in number pretty quick i feel!:)

Rob

Hope so and Yes! (but not in that order :confused:)

Rob

Calm down. :rolleyes: I am still waiting for the first one. Should be here next week.

Terry

My Thomas Gunn set arrived.

My set arrived and it looks great. My MG barrel also came bent. I bent it back leaving a silver color where it was bent. Seems like many sets have had the same problem.

Gary L.

Re: My Thomas Gunn set arrived.

My set arrived and it looks great. My MG barrel also came bent. I bent it back leaving a silver color where it was bent. Seems like many sets have had the same problem.

Gary L.

Ditto. I have to straighten it too. The technique is to hold the bent part with your thumb and index finger and keep it for a few seconds to generate body heat on the bent part. Then slowly straighten it to position. The body heat will keep the paint from peeling off.

It is a baeutiful piece! I bought 2 versions. Will work well with the NMA ( company has ceased operations) Mortar Crew!

N-P

Dear Tom,
You commented
"I have always agreed on the price issue. It has always made me wonder how one manufacturer could always be cheaper, remeber NMA, nice stuff for the price! "
I am not trying to start a fight or duel etc but using NMA as a reference for "nice stuff for the price" would be appropriate if they had actually continued in business for a while. I did not stock them but I do recall serious discounting of their product by US dealers. Not much point having cheap product if you can not sustain the brand. Good for the customers while it lasts.
Regards
Brett

HI Brett,

My comment certainly took into account the relation with NMA and TG. However, that said, I still stand by my original comment of NMA. They did a great job of producing (IMO) a quality product at a good price. Yes I bought some at deep discounts, but also paid retail for many others when they came out. Specifically, the Lynx with commander for $55 US. I understand they had issues sustaining, but I think that was more to trying to run a business from abroad, than quality and price. I am not begrudgin K&C or anyone else, I love Andy and his stuff, have a ton of it. I also have an eye for a good value too! I no longer buy every piece, so in becoming choosy due to room and budget, price also plays in!

TD

My set arrived today. I opened the box fearing how bent the gun barrels would be, but was amazed to find them unbroken unbent and perfectly straight.

A very nice set, as others have noted.

Terry

I got mine today. The mg was bent so far upward, I thought I wouldn't be able to bend it back without breaking it. The feeder's gun was also bent. Both guns were bent back successfully. Goes well with old KC FJs. Very happy with these. Can't wait for the second set.

Attachments

• P1040344 (Small).JPG
    P1040344 (Small).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 232
  • P1040349 (Small).JPG
    P1040349 (Small).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 237
  • P1040348 (Small).JPG
    P1040348 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 234
  • P1040347 (Small).JPG
    P1040347 (Small).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 231
  • P1040346 (Small).JPG
    P1040346 (Small).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 233
Just ordered TGM001 can't wait for it to turn up Thomas Gunn Miniatures really do look the part hope they continue to grow strong & make some great quality sets.

Just had to move some pics over here to show folks what they're missing!
Mike

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 173
Craig, Alex and Ray,
Thanks for the word of encouragement! And Ray, they are alive...the keep mucking around with the Trophy guys in the cabinet and turning them to face to the rear!:D
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back