time on my hands at last (5 Viewers)

Hi Robin,

Interesting reply! Could you please tell us from which particular Battle?

Oberstinhaber1

Part of the Battle of Fontenoy 1745 with the Austrian allies, the British and Dutch exchanging various equipment as souvenirs {sm4}. Thanks for asking. Robin.

Robin,

Love this thread. Enjoy the juxtaposition of your buildings, it's makes your dioramas come to life.

Steve

1968, The bridge to Saigon. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN3342.jpg
    DSCN3342.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCN3343.jpg
    DSCN3343.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN3344.jpg
    DSCN3344.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN3345.jpg
    DSCN3345.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN3346.jpg
    DSCN3346.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 196
Nice setup Robin ...

You now need some "Fire for Effect" onto the opposite bank to suppress the opposition ..... "Over !!!"

John

backdrop...figures...ground work...water...and good photography...
this one hits all the marks...

Think this bridge by Jacob is my favourite piece by him. Makes a great base for this diorama Robin ! :salute::

Steve

Steve mate,
Robin has probably got about 50 plus Dioramas in his Man Cave. This Jacob Bridge Dio also is my favourite. I have seen it displayed with many, many ranges of K&C Figures but this latest one tops them all. From all reports from the Mega TS Show it received rave reviews and is a tribute to Robin's passion for the hobby.

Cheers Howard:salute::

Freakin' Awesome Robin, I would have liked to have seen that display in person.

I've actually started my First table top display having replaced my dining table recently. I was going to do an Australian Light Horse display but after seeing several Vietnam displays from other members, and now this terrific effort by yourself I've decided to do my own Aussie Vietnam display. However don't expect to much detail guys, I'm a 'minimalist' with my display 'extras' ^&grin

Freakin' Awesome Robin, I would have liked to have seen that display in person.

I've actually started my First table top display having replaced my dining table recently. I was going to do an Australian Light Horse display but after seeing several Vietnam displays from other members, and now this terrific effort by yourself I've decided to do my own Aussie Vietnam display. However don't expect to much detail guys, I'm a 'minimalist' with my display 'extras' ^&grin

Good to hear from you, this hobby is good medicine. Andy still has a lot more Vietnam in the works, so definitely a series that will give you something to look forward to. Often, ‘ less is more’, so whatever you have planned well might be fabulous. Having said that, my Light Horse display will be the last series that I let go, if ever that time comes. The horses and range is so well done, it’s a pleasure to behold and Andy has indicated he has not finished with the series, although there has been nothing released for a couple of years. One benefit collecting the Vietnam series, it is all available, except the Aussie M113, which is sold out, but perhaps the American one would suffice. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Robin.

Good to hear from you, this hobby is good medicine. Andy still has a lot more Vietnam in the works, so definitely a series that will give you something to look forward to. Often, ‘ less is more’, so whatever you have planned well might be fabulous. Having said that, my Light Horse display will be the last series that I let go, if ever that time comes. The horses and range is so well done, it’s a pleasure to behold and Andy has indicated he has not finished with the series, although there has been nothing released for a couple of years. One benefit collecting the Vietnam series, it is all available, except the Aussie M113, which is sold out, but perhaps the American one would suffice. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Robin.

Same here Robin, I'll never sell my ALH collection, noting of course that my Grandfather was in the 12th ALH. I have nearly every ALH set but I think you really need multiples for an effective display of Beersheba etc. As I rarely collect multiples a Vietnam based display will be more suitable for me. In any case I intend to use a mat rather than a fixed base, which will give me options to change displays in the future. I was considering the US M113 version but still hoping Andy will release some more Aussie variants.

Same here Robin, I'll never sell my ALH collection, noting of course that my Grandfather was in the 12th ALH. I have nearly every ALH set but I think you really need multiples for an effective display of Beersheba etc. As I rarely collect multiples a Vietnam based display will be more suitable for me. In any case I intend to use a mat rather than a fixed base, which will give me options to change displays in the future. I was considering the US M113 version but still hoping Andy will release some more Aussie variants.

Matt mate,
I will refer you to K&C latest brochure "Vietnam II" and on page 14 showing a picture of VN061 the Australian Army APC (retired) there is a footnote which reads: At present we are working on a replacement. Now whether that means a new M113 with a T50 turret or maybe as has been spoken of in the pass a Fire Support Vehicle, we shall have to wait and see.

But be quick with your purchase as the first Aussie M113 sold out very smartly.^&grin^&grin

Stay safe cobber, Cheers Howard

3625567027_0bb779f45e_z.jpg

Matt mate,
I will refer you to K&C latest brochure "Vietnam II" and on page 14 showing a picture of VN061 the Australian Army APC (retired) there is a footnote which reads: At present we are working on a replacement. Now whether that means a new M113 with a T50 turret or maybe as has been spoken of in the pass a Fire Support Vehicle, we shall have to wait and see.

But be quick with your purchase as the first Aussie M113 sold out very smartly.^&grin^&grin

Stay safe cobber, Cheers Howard

View attachment 276449

Howard Mate, thanks for the heads-up, I'll certainly keep an eye out for the replacement M113, whatever it is.

Europe, early 1945. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN3358.jpg
    DSCN3358.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN3351.jpg
    DSCN3351.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN3352.jpg
    DSCN3352.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN3356.jpg
    DSCN3356.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN3379.jpg
    DSCN3379.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 228
Okay Robin, I think you should have dedicated this one to me. ^&grin

What a great use of the TG Track Mats. They look great with your station. How many did you include? I like that train car as well. Clever idea to add the SS figures atop as well as the one pulling the crate out of the doorway.

Top notch as always, although I'm not sure about the waterfall backdrop in this one. Don't go chasing waterfalls, my friend. {sm4}

I tried my hand at a train scene with real LGB track a few years ago which was marginal. I may have to revisit after seeing your fantastic dio.

attachment.php

Yes correct Rob, inspired by your use of the terrain mat, I have two to extend the railway track to enable a larger scene. And yes the waterfall is ‘Artistic license’. Something about the colours of the board and it’s robust strength of material makes it one fine board. Well done TG. Robin.

In and around Rome. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN3368.jpg
    DSCN3368.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN3369.jpg
    DSCN3369.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN3370.jpg
    DSCN3370.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN3371.jpg