time on my hands at last (1 Viewer)

Having time on your hands can be both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it gives you the opportunity to pursue your interests and hobbies, spend time with loved ones, and take care of yourself. On the other hand, it can also lead to boredom, restlessness, and a feeling of aimlessness if you're not sure how to make the most of your free time.

One of the best ways to make the most of your time is to set goals for yourself. What do you want to accomplish? What skills do you want to learn? What projects do you want to complete? Once you have a clear idea of what you want to do, you can create a plan to make it happen.

Here are some suggestions for how to use your time effectively:

Pursue your passions: Whether it's painting, writing, cooking, or playing an instrument, use your free time to pursue the things you love. Not only will it help you develop new skills and talents, but it will also give you a sense of fulfillment and purpose.

Learn something new: Take an online course, read a book on a new subject, or learn a new language. Learning new things can help keep your mind sharp and improve your overall well-being.

Volunteer: Giving back to your community can be a great way to use your time. Volunteer at a local charity, hospital, or animal shelter. Not only will you be helping others, but you'll also be making new connections and gaining new experiences.

Spend time with loved ones: Make time for the people who matter most in your life. Schedule a family dinner, go on a hike with a friend, or plan a weekend getaway with your significant other. These moments are invaluable and can help strengthen your relationships.

Take care of yourself: Use your free time to prioritize your physical and mental health. Exercise regularly, practice meditation or mindfulness, or simply take a relaxing bath. Taking care of yourself can help reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.

Remember, having free time is a gift. Use it wisely and make the most of every moment.

attachment.php

What a great vista you have for the backdrop Robin !:salute::

Thanks guys for your inspirational comments. Steve this is a scenic railway backdrop poster. Works well being so wide. Robin.

Another great dio Robin! Can I ask where the chuck wagon and stage coach are from?

The stagecoach is a cheap eBay purchase being hard plastic, but I had my painter man spruce it up, added JJD horses and a Kronprinz stagecoach driver. Kronprinz do a stagecoach, nice, but expensive, however the riders can be bought separately. The shotgun one has moved to my JJD WW1 wagon with another cheap western plastic wagon which I have taken the plastic canvas cover to sit on the wagon, again with JJD horses. Blackhawk make a nice chunk wagon also. Hope that helps, thank you for asking. Robin.

The stagecoach is a cheap eBay purchase being hard plastic, but I had my painter man spruce it up, added JJD horses and a Kronprinz stagecoach driver. Kronprinz do a stagecoach, nice, but expensive, however the riders can be bought separately. The shotgun one has moved to my JJD WW1 wagon with another cheap western plastic wagon which I have taken the plastic canvas cover to sit on the wagon, again with JJD horses. Blackhawk make a nice chunk wagon also. Hope that helps, thank you for asking. Robin.

Very inventive Robin. Well done.

Robin,
Nicely placed figures. i really like the overhead shot and the up close one of the back of the cowboy.

Steve

1968 South Vietnam, Protecting the Protector. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4488.jpg
    DSCN4488.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN4489.jpg
    DSCN4489.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN4490.jpg
    DSCN4490.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN4491.jpg
    DSCN4491.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN4487.jpg
    DSCN4487.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 170
A lovely scene Robin capturing the very serious nature of mine detection and protecting your valuable assets. Love the Cent!

Cheers,
Grey.

Changing seasons at fort Yukon 1896 Klondike Western Canada. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4495.jpg
    DSCN4495.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN4496.jpg
    DSCN4496.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN4498.jpg
    DSCN4498.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN4497.jpg
    DSCN4497.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN4499.jpg
    DSCN4499.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 161
Robin,

Love the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen (Ren & Stimpy reference, sorry) . . . er, I mean the RCMP!:salute::

Your diorama instantly brings back memories of films featuring Mounties like North West Mounted Police and The Wild North. That's the wonder of toy soldiers, they rekindle things that had an impression on us. I'm sure you would have seen both. Regards Greg.

The Indians have come to warn, "perhaps not so wise to build fort so close to river. May need dry blankets very soon". ^&grin

This scene is a beautiful Robin. I love it! Well done and Kings to you!

Cheers,
Grey

Nicely done Robin. A perfect viewing while I enjoy my Sunday morning cup of coffee. This week I was able to acquire 2 more wall sections for my Trading Post. Those are getting to be very scarce.

Mike

The renowned journalist, Sir Harry Perry Robinson, accompanied by the lovely Hon. Celia Molestrangler, travel the lands of Egypt, taking in the sights, including Howard Carter's archaeological digs. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4544.jpg
    DSCN4544.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN4545.jpg
    DSCN4545.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN4546.jpg
    DSCN4546.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN4547.jpg
    DSCN4547.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN4548.jpg
    DSCN4548.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 125
Enjoying the fun under the Egyptian Sun, but if Poirot turns up......Well you know what happens when he is around ! {eek3}^&grin
Ahrr, just seen him...Murder is afoot then !:tongue:

Oh yes, the lovely Ms. Molestrangler. Adding to what Steve shared, just her name alone reeks of murder.
Beautiful scenes, Robin. I'm not sure which I like better, all excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back