Todays afternoon film (2 Viewers)

Afternnoon movies? Are you gents single, retired, on vaction, or is there a holiday? ^&confuse

We used to see packages of these British made WW II movies locally when pre-cable TV stations showed films.

Retired.

Rob

Todays afternoon film was 'The Wooden Horse' . Without a huge budget and stellar cast it was never going to rival the Great Escape of course, but enjoyable none the less.

Rob
Always liked this movie, (Wooden Horse). Went and read the book, as well. A fascinating and incredible story. Such ingenuity is remarkable. -- Al

Yes we have two as well, I like the name Tilly , you won't be surprised to hear one of ours is called Monty!:wink2:^&grin

Rob

Great name for a cat Rob , mate at work German shepherd called Rommel

Always liked this movie, (Wooden Horse). Went and read the book, as well. A fascinating and incredible story. Such ingenuity is remarkable. -- Al

Yes it really is remarkable Al, so good they made a ' home run ' as it were.

Great name for a cat Rob , mate at work German shepherd called Rommel

^&grin

I'm guessing Monty and Rommel REALLY wouldn't get on!{eek3}^&grin

Today's afternoon matinee is the classic ' Dambusters'

Rob

Todays afternoon matinee is one of my favourite b&w dramas ' 12 Angry men ' , superb claustraphobic drama with a stellar cast that really deliver the goods. I've done loads of gardening this morning so I've earned my sit down with the film^&grin

Rob

just finished watching age of heroes. Quite a good war movie considering it has danny dyer in a lead role!!!!!
Mitch

I normally put a dvd on in the afternoon if I've done all my chores, but for UK viewers there is a perfect afternoon War film on Film Four at 3pm today ' Danger Within' is a b&w prisoner of War camp drama featuring the ever reliable Richard Todd, the story features a plan to escape that is threatened by a spy in the camp. Good afternoon entertainment.

Rob

Great film got the one that got away on now just about to try and escape in the Hurri but, will also watch that one later on
Mitch

Great film got the one that got away on now just about to try and escape in the Hurri but, will also watch that one later on
Mitch

Thats another good one too, nothing like a War film in the afternoon^&cool

Rob

I normally put a dvd on in the afternoon if I've done all my chores, but for UK viewers there is a perfect afternoon War film on Film Four at 3pm today ' Danger Within' is a b&w prisoner of War camp drama featuring the ever reliable Richard Todd, the story features a plan to escape that is threatened by a spy in the camp. Good afternoon entertainment.

Rob

Do you mean "Stalag 17?" ^&grin

Nope, 'Danger within' , great actors including Richard Todd and Richard Attenborough, much prefer it than Stalag 17.

Rob

Danger within was more of a realistic portrayal of many brit escapes and, was a decent film. Stalag 17 was a dire little movie with poor acting and thick or, portrayed as thick prisoners. I think the latter was meant to be low brow and just light entertainment. Danger within was more than just a POW and escape film IMO
Mitch

Danger within was more of a realistic portrayal of many brit escapes and, was a decent film. Stalag 17 was a dire little movie with poor acting and thick or, portrayed as thick prisoners. I think the latter was meant to be low brow and just light entertainment. Danger within was more than just a POW and escape film IMO
Mitch

I agree, I thought Stalag 17 more of a comedy, not sure if it was meant to be or not.I really enjoy Danger Within, classic British War film with a claustrophobic feel to it. Richard Todd was a great actor who also was involved in the attack on Pegasus Bridge and repeated his wartime role in the Longest day. He was of course also in Dambusters, D Day Sixth of June, The Long and the Short and the Tall, Operation Crossbow as well as dozens of other non War films.

Rob

Nope, 'Danger within' , great actors including Richard Todd and Richard Attenborough, much prefer it than Stalag 17.

Rob

Right! The plot just sounds like Stalag 17. William Holden, Peter Graves etc. I was in the stage version in High School as Corporal Schultz.

I'll look for Danger Within.

I agree, I thought Stalag 17 more of a comedy, not sure if it was meant to be or not.I really enjoy Danger Within, classic British War film with a claustrophobic feel to it. Richard Todd was a great actor who also was involved in the attack on Pegasus Bridge and repeated his wartime role in the Longest day. He was of course also in Dambusters, D Day Sixth of June, The Long and the Short and the Tall, Operation Crossbow as well as dozens of other non War films.

Rob

Yep great Actor Richard Todd

Scott...

He is not the one that kept saying ''at ease'' with the dark hair and long johns. I would have shot him myself just for that if I was a guard
Mitch

Tomorrow afternoon on same channel we have ' I was Monty's double' .

Rob

A classic but, can't get away with the adverts
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back