Todays afternoon film (1 Viewer)

The ads are annoying, thats the time I get a hot drink or put the dishwasher on!^&grin

Rob

painting done for the day wife is resting and, I have on in the background Mosquito squadron
Mitch

Todays afternoon film is a stalwart of the small screen ' The Halls of Montezuma' with Richard Wydmark. An enjoyable Marine romp I say. Good idea to cut real footage into the scenes, some of which make you remember just what a horrible death it must have been facing one of those flame throwing Shermans or indeed Churchills in Normandy.

Rob

Storm over the Nile just starting, word for word like the Four Feathers but still enjoyable.

Rob

Just seen Inglorious Basterds for the first time. Quite an enjoyable bit of escapism, lots of blood and guns etc. Did like the nods throughout to the Spaghetti Westerns including its graphic violence, character introductions and even music. I thought Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt were very good and even BJ Novak from the American version of 'The office' was in there. Overall pretty enjoyable, although scalping the Germans whilst I had my lunchtime sandwhich was a little rough!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

its a great movie not for plot as its pants but, some of the narrative is simply superb. Love the scene in the farm house where the SS man is discussing his job with the french farmer and whips out that giant pipe!!!! Plot low brow but, the script was excellent

Myself early this morning watched when trumpets fade. Great war film
Mitch

its a great movie not for plot as its pants but, some of the narrative is simply superb. Love the scene in the farm house where the SS man is discussing his job with the french farmer and whips out that giant pipe!!!! Plot low brow but, the script was excellent

Mitch
Is 'When Trumpets Fade' the film about the Huertgen Forest, starring Ron Eldard? If so, I agree. Thought it was a terrific film. It actually surprised me. -- Al

I see Where Eagles Dare on at 10am TCM. What a great film

Just seen Inglorious Basterds for the first time. Quite an enjoyable bit of escapism, lots of blood and guns etc. Did like the nods throughout to the Spaghetti Westerns including its graphic violence, character introductions and even music. I thought Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt were very good and even BJ Novak from the American version of 'The office' was in there. Overall pretty enjoyable, although scalping the Germans whilst I had my lunchtime sandwhich was a little rough!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

Glad you like the film Rob

Myself eI like the scene when there all in the bar and the British officer make a slip and it all kicks of

Mitch

Haven't seen 'Trumpets' yet but have only heard good things about this, must see it.

I see Where Eagles Dare on at 10am TCM. What a great film

Yeah its great isn't it, one of those films that was shown often at Christmas as I grew up and its still a fave to this day.

Rob

great scene also
Mitch

Myself eI like the scene when there all in the bar and the British officer make a slip and it all kicks of

Finally wathced Full Metal Jacket for the first time ever and was heartily disapointed.
The acting seemed a bit wooden.
The Gunnery sgt was good but I had seen most of that on clips and you tube already.
Vietnam just did not look like some sort of tropical country.
Seemed a bit cliched all round.

I thought the inital training part was the only good part about the film the action part was pretty dull. That gunnery Sgt had me in tears many times. Similarly, I just watched Apocolypse now for the first time day before yesterday and, did not think it was as good as everyone said
Mitch

Finally wathced Full Metal Jacket for the first time ever and was heartily disapointed.
The acting seemed a bit wooden.
The Gunnery sgt was good but I had seen most of that on clips and you tube already.
Vietnam just did not look like some sort of tropical country.
Seemed a bit cliched all round.

I thought the inital training part was the only good part about the film the action part was pretty dull. That gunnery Sgt had me in tears many times. Similarly, I just watched Apocolypse now for the first time day before yesterday and, did not think it was as good as everyone said
Mitch

We are in danger of agreeing on more things than we disagree on Mtich.

Mitch

I like the film , just the ending a bit poor .thing is it part {eek3}based on a true person

I will get stick for sure but, just watched with the wife Puss in boots on sky box office!!! Not too bad and, a bit better than Tobruk which was a bit naff
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back