Toy Army Workshop by Fleurbaix T-Model New Black version. (1 Viewer)

And is the face detail as you expected Wayne?.

Rob

Hey Wayne,

I know of a good painter in East Freo who can do wonders with a brush, so get castings next time and give me a call, John

Hey Wayne,

I know of a good painter in East Freo who can do wonders with a brush, so get castings next time and give me a call, John

Hey John ive got a nice tiger turret i want modified and my sidecar fixed we have to catch up....:)

Disappointed to say the least in the photos and comments from this thread but very happy to have read them. As many of you know, I have a very elclectic collection that includes all of the older great makers. I have always been very skeptical of these "new" products due to the lack of pricing information as well as the horrid quality pictures posted. In other words, I could never tell if what I was to be buying was good or not because the pictures were awful. Wayne, your pics have helped tremendously. Well, this post has been quite enlightening on a lot of fronts and I thank the posters for posting all information and opinions. It has helped me make decisions regarding any purchases.

thanks
Tom

Disappointed to say the least in the photos and comments from this thread but very happy to have read them. As many of you know, I have a very elclectic collection that includes all of the older great makers. I have always been very skeptical of these "new" products due to the lack of pricing information as well as the horrid quality pictures posted. In other words, I could never tell if what I was to be buying was good or not because the pictures were awful. Wayne, your pics have helped tremendously. Well, this post has been quite enlightening on a lot of fronts and I thank the posters for posting all information and opinions. It has helped me make decisions regarding any purchases.

thanks
Tom

I agree,I am sad but also glad to know whats what.Sad because I am lucky enough to have a wonderful collection of TAW and wanted to add to it,but the lack of pics and prices on the site has always worried me too.

I think I may have to be satisfied with my TAW collection and turn my attention to Asset miniatures WW2 Home front series that I've always kept an eye on,but not yet dipped my toe so to speak.:)

Rob

Sorry but does not look the quality of finish as the original TA Workshops models

Interesting that you say that as the finish on the original TAW vehicles was not that good. Fortunately, Graham was willing to sell gthem unpainted at a reduced rate so that I wounldn't have to strip and repaint.

Al

It was strange that you made no comment on the Squadronaires Band!! Thanks So you will not be a painter for us! Thanks Fr Greg.

Reference the band. These figures are in fact the Glenn Miller band made by Music in Miniature and there are certain uniform differences which should be addressed. First the shoulder straps need to be removed, they are not worn on the RAF tunics, second the buttons on the hip pockets should also be removed, again not worn by non commissioned ranks in the RAF. Third the figures need to have the RAF eagle at the top of each shoulder, blue/grey on a black oblong patch for wartime, blue /grey on RAF blue post war. Finally the trouser stripes obvious on the seated French Horn player belong to the ceremonial dress and would only have been worn with the ceremonial tunic which was a high collared jacket without breast pockets and had band aiguilettes on the left shoulder, or with mess dress, both of which would be post war. In No.1 dress as shown in the picture the trousers should be plain RAF blue. This is intended as a constructive critique and, it is to be hoped, accepted as such.

General comment is that some manufacturers were never meant to be duplicated, Music In Miniature is one, accuracy aside, my opinion, is that the originals were works of art. Now, if one wanted castings to paint themselves, go for it, but to try and re release items that are true to the originals is just an impossible task. I have seen it only work in one instance and even so, I can tell the difference, that is RP World Models doing Steadfast. They do a great job, but it is still not Steadfast!

TD

Interesting that you say that as the finish on the original TAW vehicles was not that good. Fortunately, Graham was willing to sell gthem unpainted at a reduced rate so that I wounldn't have to strip and repaint.

Al

That was my line of thinking. The original TAW figures have wonderful sculpts and look good in groups but the painting on individual figures was only so-so. It's not that high a standard to live up to. WW1 uniforms weren't too complicated so they got away with this fine. I do think their artillery and vehicles were pretty nicely painted though.

In terms of Fleurbaix, I anticipated there might be a learning curve involved so I only got one figure as a test, and ordered the gun separate from its crew. I've been trying to get an 8inch howitzer for years and am not willing to pay ebay prices (and I've only ever seen one on ebay once), so I could not pass up an opportunity to get one even if it is a reproduction of sorts. As long as it looks reasonably good I'll be happy. Also I believe Fleurbaix is charging less than TAW did for the same piece, and that's not even counting inflation.

When I (hopefully) get it I'll post pics - should be enlightening.

General comment is that some manufacturers were never meant to be duplicated, Music In Miniature is one, accuracy aside, my opinion, is that the originals were works of art. Now, if one wanted castings to paint themselves, go for it, but to try and re release items that are true to the originals is just an impossible task. I have seen it only work in one instance and even so, I can tell the difference, that is RP World Models doing Steadfast. They do a great job, but it is still not Steadfast!

TD

Duplication is possible providing (A) any new items are made by the same sculptor, and (B) the new owner has knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject. I would draw your attention to Lancer, now owned by ATS, as a case in point. Nik has not only conformed to the previous ethic of the established ranges of figures produced but has also developed the series with the same care. Check out his website at www.ats-uk.net

Duplication is possible providing (A) any new items are made by the same sculptor, and (B) the new owner has knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject. I would draw your attention to Lancer, now owned by ATS, as a case in point. Nik has not only conformed to the previous ethic of the established ranges of figures produced but has also developed the series with the same care. Check out his website at www.ats-uk.net

Trooper,
You are quite right and I was remiss in not including Nik as I enjoy his new figures! ATS is a great example of this, I also think the Fusilier/Tommy Atkins has been well done along with Steadfast/RP. I am only partial to the originals as that is just a thought line I have. BUT YES, a resounding yes it can be done if done right.

Tom

I bought this about 2-3 months ago,judge for yourselfs?Its ACR6 man with handcart.

000_0205.jpg

That is really horrible.

Sorry, I have been holding back for a long time but every photo I have seen from this newly made TAW series has been way to dark and clearly not up to par.

Edited to add: If this is who I think it is - with the knights, Egyptians and other kit type figures - I tried to do business with this outfit - I think it was Rose Miniatures (I might be mistaken). When I spoke with the owner, his son had responded to an email with wholesale pricing, then said pricing went up 30% and then "oh yeah" down 15% and I just couldn't make head or tail out of what I would actually be paying for per piece. And I mean per piece literally... per arm, per leg, per torso, per head and so on...

I really hope this company/person can turn their production around as TAW produced incredible pieces.

For this person to claim that what has been shown even begins to approach or surpass the quality of the original TAW series is ridiculous. Harsh realities ahead.

that is really horrible.

Sorry, i have been holding back for a long time but every photo i have seen from this newly made taw series has been way to dark and clearly not up to par.

Edited to add: If this is who i think it is - with the knights, egyptians and other kit type figures - i tried to do business with this outfit - i think it was rose miniatures (i might be mistaken). When i spoke with the owner, his son had responded to an email with wholesale pricing, then said pricing went up 30% and then "oh yeah" down 15% and i just couldn't make head or tail out of what i would actually be paying for per piece. And i mean per piece literally... Per arm, per leg, per torso, per head and so on...

I really hope this company/person can turn their production around as taw produced incredible pieces.

For this person to claim that what has been shown even begins to approach or surpass the quality of the original taw series is ridiculous. Harsh realities ahead.

the forum currently seems to be a place of attack on fleurbaix ts and some of the comments made on this post are more than out of order and we may be seeking legal action on some of them!!!! This one was not us as we have some of the rose miniatures but john eden studios still have many of them! I really hope that treefrog members get it right as this staling could be costly for them - father greg simon - fleurbaix ts - we have most of the painters samples of taw and i think that many of the members may be losing their minds or at least forgetting what taw was like!!!!

Fr Greg,are you any nearer to having full TAW price list on your site?.

Cheers

Rob

A good start to change the attitude of the so "negative" members here might be to show anything decent, something that is really visible.
I am talking about a good resolution clear photo, samples of quality painting.
How about it?
Maybe by showing quality work for a change, the negative comments might just end.
Bring it up!
Konrad

Dear Rob
We are still working on the price list should have it done soon.
We are amazed at how many toysoldier collectors can attack a on an unclear photo.
Thanks Fr Greg
FLEURBAIX TOY SOLDIERS

the forum currently seems to be a place of attack on fleurbaix ts and some of the comments made on this post are more than out of order and we may be seeking legal action on some of them!!!! This one was not us as we have some of the rose miniatures but john eden studios still have many of them! I really hope that treefrog members get it right as this staling could be costly for them - father greg simon - fleurbaix ts - we have most of the painters samples of taw and i think that many of the members may be losing their minds or at least forgetting what taw was like!!!!

Legal action against opinion??

To be honest, I thought the constructive criticism and opinion given was pretty fair and not personal. Pretty good free advice. I don't think there is a collector on here who would not like to see these products succeed.

That said, I will give you some business advice:

1. First and foremost, if you want your products to show well, invest in a camera. I have to be honest, regardless of the quality of your product, your pictures make it look awful.

2. Post fixed prices on your website, I have inquired twice thoughout your time here and got 2 different quotes. That is not a way I like to do business.

3. If you really feel strongly about your product vs the originals, post pictures of both and let the pictures compare.

Respectfully

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back