Toy soldiers in movies (2 Viewers)

Murder At 1600. Wesley Snipes has a massive Civil War diorama in is apartment that he keeps adding figures to. In one scene he discovers someone waiting in his apartment to kill him because he notices some of the figures have moved. Lucky man, Diane Lane and a huge Civil War diorama in his apartment. Also, in the 40 Year Old Virgin Steve Carrell is seen painting a miniature Zouave. Cheers.

the curious tale of bejamin button with brad pitt has the young and old brad pitt playing with some soldiers ..

Didn't the Captain in Stripes play with some toy soldiers on his desk? Also Miracle on 34th Street, 90's remake, the evil Shoppers Express guy trying to takeover Cole's had a toy soldier set up on his desk in one of the scenes.

I use saw Hamlet 2. Very funny. The HS principle/coach has tank models in his office. Why is it that it's usually the film's villain that has the toy soldiers?

Probably my favorite movie that had numerous toy soldiers in it was a James Bond movie. Yes, I said a James Bond movie. I loved "Living Daylights"! The movie showed the arms dealer Brad Whitaker re-arranging his dioramas several times. At the end of the movie Whitaker even dies on one of his NAP dioramas and I'll always remember what James Bond said after he killed him "He met his Waterloo".

Wow, this thread has really gotten legs! I'm glad you're enjoying this one!

How about the Disney version of Babes in Toyland?

I think it's in the film Ronin with Robert de Niro that de Niro visits an old retired friend who is making a diorama.

The is an upcoming show (2009) in Britain that is to feature a large diorama of the new Britains Napoleonics (about £3000 worth) all just for one scene :eek:

this show was called "the hustle" its very popular in the uk its about a group of con artists when the show was aired it only shown a few britains napoleonic figures not the full diorama as what was expected.

There was a spy drama series made in the UK back in the seventies starring Edward Woodward as a character called Callum (which was also the title of the programme). In between cold war espionage and bashing KGB spies, he collected Napoleonics and played wargames.

More recently, there was a programme on BBC1 (the title escapes me) about a bunch of retired coppers, one of whom played 'toy soldiers'. A friend of mine told me the show's producers enlisted the help of the South London Warlords Wargamming Club for some of the scenes and collections. A number of Warlords got their mugs on screen.

I remember 'Callan'.He was a cold blooded killer who played wargames.It was a brilliant tv series.In 1974 it was made into a movie,the centrepoint of which was an excellent miniature layout of the battle of Gettysburg along with thousands of figures.

Well Done - it was Callan! I vaguly remember him playing a wargame against a 'baddie' whereby the 'baddie' inflicts casualties on his own troops to get to the enemy and says something about the need to sacrifice your own people to get to the real enemy!! Callan kills him in the end!

I remember 'Callan'.He was a cold blooded killer who played wargames.It was a brilliant tv series.In 1974 it was made into a movie,the centrepoint of which was an excellent miniature layout of the battle of Gettysburg along with thousands of figures.

The figures were Hinchliffe and the terrain was made by Peter Gilder, there was also Waterloo I believe?

Jeff

The figures were Hinchliffe and the terrain was made by Peter Gilder, there was also Waterloo I believe?

Jeff

...aahhhh the great days of wargaming, rules by Don Featherstone and Charles Grant. Brings back memories.

I remember a scene with toy soldiers in the film Young Winston, when Lord Randolf Churchill suggests a career in the army for Winston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back