Trophy ACW (4 Viewers)

Thanks for all the comments. Tommy, got my set after losing out on several auctions. This time I made sure I wouldn't lose!

Martyn, is your flag bearer an Elite release because it's certainly different than the release I have. Yes, it could be Denzel. Just saw him in Flight. Might be his best performance ever.

Brad

Thanks for all the comments. Tommy, got my set after losing out on several auctions. This time I made sure I wouldn't lose!

Martyn, is your flag bearer an Elite release because it's certainly different than the release I have. Yes, it could be Denzel. Just saw him in Flight. Might be his best performance ever.

Brad

Hi Brad

Not an Elite figure just a later release, note the "terrain" style bases

Cheers

Martyn:)

Are the poses different Martyn and does it have the same Trophy number? Something to look out for.

Brad

Are the poses different Martyn and does it have the same Trophy number? Something to look out for.

Brad

I think the poses are the same Brad, just different bases.....same set number ACW29 - 54th MASSACHUSETTS REGIMENT - CHARGING

Cheers

ACW 19

54th New York, the "Schwarzer Jaegers."

Jaegers 2.JPGJaegers 3.JPGJaegers 5.JPGJaegers 6.JPGJaegers 7.JPG

The Schwarzer Jaegers, consisted exclusively of Germans, many of whom had seen service in Germany, or, had already served three months under President Lincoln's first call for volunteers, was recruited by Col. Eugene E. Kozlay, during the summer of 1861, in New York City, as the " Black Rifles." They were uniformed in black and silver like the regiment after which they were named, " Lutzow's Schwarzer Jaegers."

The regiment received its numerical designation of Fifty-fourth New York Volunteers on October 15, 1861, and on December 1, 1861 it was assigned to Steinwehr's Brigade, Blenker's Division, all composed of Germans, at Hunter's Chapel, Va.

The 54th saw numerous action during the Civil War, including Gettysburg.

At Gettsyburg, the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg, the regiment again held the extreme right of the Eleventh Corps under General Barlow. At the end of the first day, July 1, the regiment retreated with the Eleventh Corps through the village of Gettysburg, constantly fighting, and, when their ammunition was exhausted, quite a number, including four officers, were taken prisoners in the village. The rest retreated and came to a stand at Cemetery Hill, where they were assigned to the duty of protecting the artillery, and were placed at the foot of the eastern slope near a stone wall intersecting the Culp's Hill Road, forming the extreme right of the Eleventh Corps. Several of the men were wounded and others killed, while going for water to a spring in front of them, by a rebel sharpshooter hidden in a tree, who was finally brought down by a bullet from one of the 54th.

Towards the evening of July 2d an attack was made by the enemy along the whole line of the Eleventh Corps. Among the first killed was the color bearer, Sergt. Henry Michel. Two successive color bearers were severely wounded, and the remnant of the regiment was pushed up the hill, close to the Cemetery. Another regiment coming to the relief of the exhausted 54th, it made a stand, assumed the aggressive and took part in a hand-to-hand fight, finally driving back the enemy and taking up again its old position.

ACW 19

54th New York, the "Schwarzer Jaegers."

View attachment 132775View attachment 132776View attachment 132777View attachment 132778View attachment 132779

The Schwarzer Jaegers, consisted exclusively of Germans, many of whom had seen service in Germany, or, had already served three months under President Lincoln's first call for volunteers, was recruited by Col. Eugene E. Kozlay, during the summer of 1861, in New York City, as the " Black Rifles." They were uniformed in black and silver like the regiment after which they were named, " Lutzow's Schwarzer Jaegers."

The regiment received its numerical designation of Fifty-fourth New York Volunteers on October 15, 1861, and on December 1, 1861 it was assigned to Steinwehr's Brigade, Blenker's Division, all composed of Germans, at Hunter's Chapel, Va.

The 54th saw numerous action during the Civil War, including Gettysburg.

At Gettsyburg, the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg, the regiment again held the extreme right of the Eleventh Corps under General Barlow. At the end of the first day, July 1, the regiment retreated with the Eleventh Corps through the village of Gettysburg, constantly fighting, and, when their ammunition was exhausted, quite a number, including four officers, were taken prisoners in the village. The rest retreated and came to a stand at Cemetery Hill, where they were assigned to the duty of protecting the artillery, and were placed at the foot of the eastern slope near a stone wall intersecting the Culp's Hill Road, forming the extreme right of the Eleventh Corps. Several of the men were wounded and others killed, while going for water to a spring in front of them, by a rebel sharpshooter hidden in a tree, who was finally brought down by a bullet from one of the 54th.

Towards the evening of July 2d an attack was made by the enemy along the whole line of the Eleventh Corps. Among the first killed was the color bearer, Sergt. Henry Michel. Two successive color bearers were severely wounded, and the remnant of the regiment was pushed up the hill, close to the Cemetery. Another regiment coming to the relief of the exhausted 54th, it made a stand, assumed the aggressive and took part in a hand-to-hand fight, finally driving back the enemy and taking up again its old position.

Another excellent set, Brad!:smile2: I recently read a novel about Gettysburg with a member of this brigade as one of the characters.

Brad,
I am impressed with you photography skills as usually. Wonderful little vignette and an interesting story.
Al

Thanks Louis, it's a wonderful set, the only set Trophy made (to my knowledge) of the USCT (U.S. Colored Troops).

Brad

Not USCT but here is a Trooper of the 10th Cavalry

Set# WW8 - TROOPER - 10th U.S. CAVALRY

10thcavalry.jpg

Cheers

Set# ACW19 - 4th ALABAMA -ADVANCING

4th Alabama cross a country road during the Battle of the Wilderness (May 5–7, 1864)

Cheers

It's such a pleasure to see the sets both you and Martyn have been adding to your ACW collections Brad and your photos taken to share them. Thank you good Sirs for sharing them with us.........Joe:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::

It's such a pleasure to see the sets both you and Martyn have been adding to your ACW collections Brad and your photos taken to share them. Thank you good Sirs for sharing them with us.........Joe:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::

Many thanks Joe :salute::

Cheers mate

Set# EL11 - GIVE THEM COLD STEEL - BRIGADIER GENERAL LEWIS ARMISTEAD

Cheers

Big Box set# GY2 - HOLDING THE LINE AT CEMETERY HILL

Cheers

Hi MARTYN
There is one on ebay uk just now:salute::
Regards Scott

Hi MARTYN
There is one on ebay uk just now:salute::
Regards Scott

Hi Scott

Spotted that one, good price at £425 + shipping, I asked if he has any of the other ACW BB sets but the seller doesn't unfortunately

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back