Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (3 Viewers)

Looks great Martyn, a set like that 8-Ox Drawn Supply Wagon will fill up a shelf in a hurry. ^&grin

B.

Hi Martyn,
once again very nice figures. I like the background, goes very well with the models.
rgds
Wolfgang

MOUNTED OFFICER - THE QUEEN'S (ROYAL WEST SURREY) REGIMENT "Special"

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn,

The depth and breadth of your Trophy collection never fails to astound me!^&cool

He lead a full life to put it mildly JB :wink2:

Check out this book JB "SCOUTING ON TWO CONTINENTS", superb read:salute::

http://www.thedump.scoutscan.com/scouting2cont.pdf

The book includes a chapter on his involvement with the Shangani Patrol

All the best

I had no idea who Major Burnham was before reading the link on your post. I learn more from this hobby than I ever did in School.

Thanks Martyn!^&cool^&cool

I had no idea who Major Burnham was before reading the link on your post. I learn more from this hobby than I ever did in School.

Thanks Martyn!^&cool^&cool

Many thanks Louis :salute::

All the best

He lead a full life to put it mildly JB :wink2:

Check out this book JB "SCOUTING ON TWO CONTINENTS", superb read:salute::

http://www.thedump.scoutscan.com/scouting2cont.pdf

The book includes a chapter on his involvement with the Shangani Patrol

All the best

I'll look out for a copy M. I knew the name of Burnham - as one of the three survivors from the patrol - but didn't know much of his biography. Born with the Sioux eh?? No wonder he led that sort of life!!! Apparently - he was the inspiration behind the character "Alan Quartermain" . jb

I'll look out for a copy M. I knew the name of Burnham - as one of the three survivors from the patrol - but didn't know much of his biography. Born with the Sioux eh?? No wonder he led that sort of life!!! Apparently - he was the inspiration behind the character "Alan Quartermain" . jb

You can pick up a paperback reprint of the book JB for around £20

All the best

1st Battalion THE QUEEN'S (ROYAL WEST SURREY) REGIMENT - MAXIM GUN ON WHEELED CARRIAGE "Special"

Cheers

Martyn

You should really publish a book or books of your Trophy Collections.

Your collection is very comprehensive and a joy to behold.

I can see why the the Lt. enjoyed his cuppa with it each day.

Randy

15th December, 1899 - Maxim gun from the 2nd Battalion, THE QUEEN'S (ROYAL WEST SURREY) REGIMENT in action at the village of Colenso

Cheers

May 1900 - Part of an abandoned Zulu kraal used as a temporary corral for a team of oxen

Figures - Trophy of Wales and Little Legion

Diorama pieces - JG Miniatures

Cheers

January 1901 - A Naval Brigade column check directions at a local farmstead as they move forward

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy of Wales

Buildings - JG Miniatures from their "ZULU" series

Cheers

In the early months of the Boer War, before the khaki uniform was adopted, the Naval Brigade fought in the uniform that had hardly changed for decades

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy

Cheers

In the early months of the Boer War, before the khaki uniform was adopted, the Naval Brigade fought in the uniform that had hardly changed for decades

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy

Cheers

Very nice Martyn. I spoke with Pat Wade and he said there was a lot of Trophy at Chicago but had no particulars. Did you receive any info? Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back