Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (2 Viewers)

July 1900 - A patrol of Black Watch surprise a Boer encampment

The Black Watch continue to breakdown the Boer defenses

Figures - Trophy of Wales and Little Legion

To be continued....

Cheers

Martyn:)

With the horses down there is no escape

To be continued....

Cheers

All is soon over as the Black Watch overpower the last few defenders

Cheers

15th December, 1899 - A horse handler from the 2nd Battalion, THE QUEEN'S (ROYAL WEST SURREY) REGIMENT tends to his Officers horse near the village of Colenso

All figures, including wooden fence - Trophy of Wales

Mat - JG Miniatures

Cheers

16 January 1900 - A wheelwright repairs a wheel, a Maxim gun and limber prepare to leave camp, two City of London Imperial Volunteers (CIV) pass in the background with a supply mule

The Maxim gun set was a gift from my mate Buster and is a wonderful addition to my ABW sets, many thanks mate :salute::

The Maxim gun set is made by Yeomanry Miniatures

Cheers

Middelburg, Transvaal - Repairing damaged track

Cheers

Hi Martyn,
Great dio and set lay out...I have to say that the Yeomanry Maxim gun carriage and garrison is just very nice and accurate to the last detail! Strange though yours is the second one I have seen other than the one I have! A pity....for it is just too nice not to be more popular!{sm2}{sm2}
What makes Yeomanry stick out versus other manufacturers in my opinion is his attention to detail.
When collecting sets that portrait the second Boer War one tends to get into a fix as far as sources of accurate uniforms and weapons and Yeomanry was/is a source of accurate sets. I have spoken to Mike at Little Legion and pointed out that his sets have the wrong rifle ( Martin Henry´s - from the Zulu War era ) when in the 1900´s the British Army had already swoped those for the magazine fed Lee Metfords, but he has no intention to change his choice of armament...so that creates the historical inconsistency that I am upset with....
Same with Trophy ( but not much you can do here given they are no longer trading ).
Cheers
Luiz

16 January 1900 - A wheelwright repairs a wheel, a Maxim gun and limber prepare to leave camp, two City of London Imperial Volunteers (CIV) pass in the background with a supply mule

The Maxim gun set was a gift from my mate Buster and is a wonderful addition to my ABW sets, many thanks mate :salute::

The Maxim gun set is made by Yeomanry Miniatures

Cheers

Hi Martyn,
Great dio and set lay out...I have to say that the Yeomanry Maxim gun carriage and garrison is just very nice and accurate to the last detail! Strange though yours is the second one I have seen other than the one I have! A pity....for it is just too nice not to be more popular!{sm2}{sm2}
What makes Yeomanry stick out versus other manufacturers in my opinion is his attention to detail.
When collecting sets that portrait the second Boer War one tends to get into a fix as far as sources of accurate uniforms and weapons and Yeomanry was/is a source of accurate sets. I have spoken to Mike at Little Legion and pointed out that his sets have the wrong rifle ( Martin Henry´s - from the Zulu War era ) when in the 1900´s the British Army had already swoped those for the magazine fed Lee Metfords, but he has no intention to change his choice of armament...so that creates the historical inconsistency that I am upset with....
Same with Trophy ( but not much you can do here given they are no longer trading ).
Cheers
Luiz

I completely agree, Luiz, Yeomanry Miniatures is not nearly popular enough when you consider the quality of its products. I own half a dozen Yeomanry Miniature Interwar Years Vehicles, and they are excellent quality, and very reasonably priced.^&cool^&cool

Hi Martyn,
Cheers
Luiz

The most important thing to me about this set Luiz is the fact it was a gift from a good buddy of mine {bravo}}

Cheers

Set# EQ52 - NORDENFELDT MACHINE GUN WITH NAVAL BRIGADE CREW

Cheers

As always Martyn ..... well done! :smile2:

B. :salute::

Set# EQ17/V - Naval Brigade handler and ammo mule

This set also appeared in the large EQ54 - THE NAVAL COLUMN set

Cheers

January 1900 - Naval Brigade patrol with fixed bayonets

Cheers

February 1900 - Naval Brigade column bring up a 4.7 gun

Cheers

February 1900 - Naval Brigade column bring up a 4.7 gun

edia/TROPHY/BOER%20WAR/NAVAL%20COLUMN%202_zpsdfdwjzar.jpg.html]
NAVAL%20COLUMN%202_zpsdfdwjzar.jpg
[/URL]

[/UR
Cheers

Wow, that is some column of oxen! My son has the same Boer War Oxen gun team, but with only 6 or 8 Oxen. Looks like you doubled up!😎😎

Martyn...

Wow!

a 16 oxen limber set with a half dozen drivers...

that is a showpiece for sure!

February 1900 - Naval Brigade 4.7 gun prepares to go into action

Sand bag defences - JG Miniatures

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back