Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (2 Viewers)

Martyn...nice artillery diorama...

what is the light for?

night firing?

Many thanks Michael :salute::

You guessed it {bravo}} One of the first uses of the searchlight in Southern Africa was in the Matabele War 1893.

All the best

Martyn:)

February 1900 - Naval Brigade on patrol

Cheers

May 1900 - Trooper of the 13th Hussars on route to Mafeking with urgent messages

Cheers

June 1900 - Tugela River - A Boer commando and his agterryer (servant) are surprised on the banks of the Tugela by a Sergeant and an Officer of the 13th Hussars who manage to overpower them but not before the native stabs the leg of the sergeant with his assagai

Cheers

July 1900 - A patrol of the 13th Hussars in action

Cheers

General H.H. Kitchener

Set# DB8 "Special Commission"

Cheers

During the Boer War an agreement was reached between the Boers and British that no Indian soldiers were deployed to southern Africa as combatants, rather all the fighting troops were to be British. This was because both the British and the Boers had agreed that no non-white troops were to participate in the war in a fighting capacity; a decision taken through fear of arming Africans who might later turn their weapons against both British and Boer alike. However, many Indians did in fact serve during the Anglo-Boer War as ‘auxiliaries’ in support of the fighting men, itself a not inconsiderable role. A few Indian Lancers slipped through, more of them later :wink2:

Special Commission Bengal Native Infantry Pioneers

Cheers

I have been very lucky recently and added to my ABW collection with several "Special Commission" sets, several of which were commissioned by The Guards Toy Soldier Shop in London back in 2001

Here is the ABW version of

Set# EQ62 - ARMY SERVICE CORPS SUPPLY WAGON As you can see the set has the addition of an Indian Army Pioneer assistant to the driver, the small dog is also included

Cheers

I have been very lucky recently and added to my ABW collection with several "Special Commission" sets, several of which were commissioned by The Guards Toy Soldier Shop in London back in 2001

Here is the ABW version of

Set# EQ62 - ARMY SERVICE CORPS SUPPLY WAGON As you can see the set has the addition of an Indian Army Pioneer assistant to the driver, the small dog is also included

Cheers

Oops the picture disappeared, here it is again

Cheers

Special Commission NATAL INDIAN AMBULANCE CORPS STRETCHER BEARERS

Cheers

Not sure whether this Englishman has won any lottery, but than again he is still alive. Nice set Martyn. Robin.

Many thanks Robin :salute::

All the best

Those are some rare, mint, beautiful sets that make up a full scene or more than one. Well done, we've never seen the Boer War done better. We have a credible one, yours - especially as a full set from Trophy - is a masterpiece.
We never collected Boers or India (beyond a few sets). Starting to regret it! Please keep posting any additions, your photography of these beautiful sets is lovely to see.
Trophy pics always valued!

Those are some rare, mint, beautiful sets that make up a full scene or more than one. Well done, we've never seen the Boer War done better. We have a credible one, yours - especially as a full set from Trophy - is a masterpiece.
We never collected Boers or India (beyond a few sets). Starting to regret it! Please keep posting any additions, your photography of these beautiful sets is lovely to see.
Trophy pics always valued!

Many thanks I am very pleased you are enjoying seeing the sets. I have a few more that I will be postinf over the next week or so.

Here is another Special Commission

Mounted Officer 17th Lancers

Cheers

Special Commission FIELD KITCHEN ON THE MARCH

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back