Trophy civilian's (1 Viewer)

I have attached 3 photos of my civilian Trophy sets. These sets are displayed in a two tier curio cabinet.

The first photo shows Trophy set XM 020. My wife and I during our vacation trip to the UK in July 1995 paid a visit to Trophy Miniatures on 9 July 1995. By chance we saw Mike Nichols making up the mold for the 1995 Christmas set for late 1995. We purchased Trophy set XM 020 entitled "Over the Top" which came with a signed Attestation page in late 1995. The set shows a British soldier playing with his young son making a snow man with his wife and a dog look on. We remember Len Taylor being a most splendid host during our visit to his shop on 9 July 1995.

The 2nd Trophy civilian set is XM 014 called the "Finishing Touch" showing a father holding up his daughter to place a hat on a snowman.

The 3rd Trophy civilian set is C82 called "Skater Set#2" showing "Victoria who just fell onto the ice being urged to get up by Albert".

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Trophy - Steadfast winter display 012 forum 2.jpg

Trophy - Steadfast winter display 021 Forum 4.jpg

Trophy - Steadfast winter display 016 Forum 3.jpg

Lunch in the Park: An Old Gent on a Park Bench With His Dog, C 77

IMG_0474.JPG

Martyn...
it's been years since I last looked at this thread...
a nice treat today...
probably my favorite of the Trophy series...
the Civilians have a special appealing charm to them don't they?

I can see why you guys collect them...

my favorite sets...

your "Khartoum Paddle Steamer" and passengers"...

Brads last post..."An Old Gent On A Park Bench With His Dog"...

Al's..."Circus Freaks (Clowns)"...

Martyn...
it's been years since I last looked at this thread...
a nice treat today...
probably my favorite of the Trophy series...
the Civilians have a special appealing charm to them don't they?

I can see why you guys collect them...

my favorite sets...

your "Khartoum Paddle Steamer" and passengers"...

Brads last post..."An Old Gent On A Park Bench With His Dog"...

Al's..."Circus Freaks (Clowns)"...

Many thanks Michael:salute::

Brad has been adding some really nice sets recently {bravo}}

All the best

Martyn:)

Thanks Michael. The Town & Country range is one I really enjoy. A few years ago a friend asked me to sell some sets and in examining them, I thought they were pretty neat and something different so I started to add a set here and there and so on. Trophy made some very unusual and different figures. I don't collect them but they also made clowns, which are very hard to find and expensive!

Brad

It took me a very long time but I put my set together piece by piece. In the summer of 2015 I bought a Jack the Ripper figure by himself. Four months after that I found a man who had the woman for the set. Another month after that a friend of mine in the UK bought the brick wall section with Sherlock Holmes & Watson for an excellent price. A man from this site first told me about the set and the seller would only sell to someone in the UK so my good friend in the UK bought it for me and sent it to me. Thus a few friends really helped me complete my set. Putting my listing in the Wanted section here really helped me. The brick wall section is identical in both the Sherlock Holmes set & the Jack The Ripper set except for the paper address saying Baker Street or Whitechapel. I only had to print a new label with Whitechapel to put over the Baker Street. I do not have the box but I have now an entire set of Jack the Ripper for very little money. I also still have my original Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson plus my original Baker Street wall section with an extra Holmes and Watson painted completely different from my originals. I really like the different painting of both Watson and Sherlock Holmes figures. Lastly I finally obtained a C 87 set by Trophy of a lamppost and a lady that goes so well with the Jack The Ripper and the woman of the night. The C 87 set came for an excellent price as well. It often takes a lot of patience and persistence but if a person works hard enough they can often find what they are looking for.

Nicely done Knight!

As Jazzeum says, everything Trophy tends to turn up several more times on eBay if you just have the patience to wait. Presumably Mr. r***r won't start buying duplicates of everything, but now we have another deep pockets buyer m***s who appears to be throwing large sums around. It will be fun watching these two collectors bidding against each other in future auctions.

Jim

Last edited:
I firmly believe, as Jim alluded to, that everything shows up again, if you're patient. Now, that the collector base is graying, this will become a truism.

From left to right, C 38A Gent in Evening Address, Two Passengers from C 90, Horse Drawn London Bus, Gentleman with Bouquet (don't know the number) and C 69 In the Good Old Summertime.

From left to right, C 38A Gent in Evening Address, Two Passengers from C 90, Horse Drawn London Bus, Gentleman with Bouquet (don't know the number) and C 69 In the Good Old Summertime.

Nice additions Brad:salute::

The Indian figure is from the Nile Paddle boat not the London bus

Cheers

Thanks Martyn. He came from the seller with the Victoria but will look good in the Bus. Any ideas on the fellow with the bouquet?

Brad

Thanks Martyn. He came from the seller with the Victoria but will look good in the Bus. Any ideas on the fellow with the bouquet?

Brad

Morning Brad

I had a look for the chap with the bouquet in my catalogues but couldn't find him, I'll have another look over the weekend :salute::

Cheers

No luck in any catalogues Brad, I think he's a very early figure, maybe U2F.

Cheers

Thanks Martyn. I couldn't find him in any of my catalogues either.

Brad

Is the boquet guy from one of the cart sellers? Pose looks familiar but I can't find him either
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back