Trophy of Wales (2 Viewers)

Well my Aide de Camp Martyn's showing a third of the King's Own that were at Ulundi. I'm missing the bearer of the the Colours and the Officer firing his pistol and he out numbers my charging 17th Lancers by three. Nice way to start the morning off Martyn and once again thanks for sharing both......Joe

Glad you like them Joe

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thought I'd feature Lord Chelmsford who Commanded the forces at Ulundi which supposely made up for his blunder at Isandlwana.

Martyn he is mounted on the right horse seems the grey is saddle blanket would be for Credlock am I right or wrong......Joe

1006-4.jpg

Thought I'd feature Lord Chelmsford who Commanded the forces at Ulundi which supposely made up for his blunder at Isandlwana.

Martyn he is mounted on the right horse seems the grey is saddle blanket would be for Credlock am I right or wrong......Joe

1006-4.jpg

Right there Joe, I'm going to dig mine out now and get a picture

Cheers

Just to confirm you are right Joe, here are my figures

CHELMSFORD

CHELMSFORD.jpg

CREALOCK

CREALOCK.jpg

LONGCAST

LONGCAST.jpg

STAFF

STAFF.jpg

Cheers

Gentle Men,
Here's my one-off, I presume. Since ZM 54 is Chelmsford, and ZM55 is Crealock, I have Chelmsford on Crealock's horse in Chelmford's box with Crealock not in the box but his horse and not Chelmsfords horse, of course!
Mike

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 75
Thanks Martyn I thought so had to correct my profile album and Sir Mike here's the dude who should be setting on your gray horse:rolleyes::rolleyes:

006-12.jpg

Gentle Men,
Here's my one-off, I presume. Since ZM 54 is Chelmsford, and ZM55 is Crealock, I have Chelmsford on Crealock's horse in Chelmford's box with Crealock not in the box but his horse and not Chelmsfords horse, of course!
Mike

Looks like it, therefore that means that someone, somewhere has Crealock on Chelmsfords horse in Crealocks box.:eek::D

Very early Trophy box you have there;).

Cheers

Thanks Martyn I thought so had to correct my profile album and Sir Mike here's the dude who should be setting on your gray horse:rolleyes::rolleyes:

006-12.jpg

Glad to be of help Joe.

Interesting to see that both your Chelmsford and Mike's have the binoculars raised to eye level whereas mine is in the process of raising his, another one of Len's quirks

Cheers

Just to confirm you are right Joe, here are my figures

CHELMSFORD

CHELMSFORD.jpg

CREALOCK

CREALOCK.jpg

LONGCAST

LONGCAST.jpg

STAFF

STAFF.jpg

Cheers

Hello Martyn,

I am glad you posted the trio of Chelmsford, Crealock and Longscast together to facilitate comparison. Thanks very much.

Like the Lt, I thought my Chelmsford was on the wrong horse.:eek:

It is rather uncommon to see Trophy mounted figures on horses without bases.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Gentle Men,
Mike

Hi Mike,

My set of Chelmsford and his grey horse looks identical to yours.

The position of the binos as held by Chelmsford is also at eye level, like the Lt and yours.

As I do not have both Crealock and Longcast, I should not be mixed up....or could I.

Best, Raymond.:)

Just an aside, but I received an Africana auction list from a book seller in Durban. I did not realize but the van Riebeeck society published a book on Crealock's sketches from the 9 th Frontier War. hi sketches from the AZW are well known but his sketches from the earlier conflict are a little bit less well known.

The first pontoon has been unloaded, now to unload the second one.

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON1.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON2.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON4.jpg

Meal time

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON3.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,
Nice sets, but you've heard that from me before! Are you sure that was the best the REs could find as a crossing point?:eek::D
Mike

In defense of the well built kraal....The Lt.

NewPhotos023.jpg

Hi Lt.,

Thanks very much for posting this impressive picture of the "battle".

Corporal Schiess is certainly making a determined stand.

I think this old version of Schiess is neater than the new one.

Kind Regards, Raymond.:)

Martyn,
Nice sets, but you've heard that from me before! Are you sure that was the best the REs could find as a crossing point?:eek::D
Mike

Hello Martyn,

Great to see your pontoons again. Thanks for sharing.

I see Mike's point about the crossing. Just a couple of rocks only.

We can leave it to the RE.....If anyone can get the troops and supplies across, the RE can.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Martyn,

It is always nice to see your pontoons.

Brian

The first pontoon has been unloaded, now to unload the second one.

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON1.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON2.jpg

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON4.jpg

Meal time

UNLOADINGTHESECONDPONTOON3.jpg

Cheers

Martyn.......you did a great job on inverting those backdrops and putting them together.....I cannot see the seam at all......I posted a thread on this some time ago, asking how to do this, cause I didn't like my results. Got any tips....I just tape mine together on the back and then use an Elmer's glue stick to tighten the seam up on the front.

How do you do yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back