Trophy of Wales (1 Viewer)

Agree with both of you on the H to H sets Martyn and Raymond. Decided to mix it up a little playing on my new Mat......The Lt.

1006-3.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED

Hi Lt.,

Thanks very much for the great shot.

The 24th has taken quite a beating from the Zulu today.

The new mat looks great.

Best, Raymond.:)

Joining in the fun here Joe;)

March 29th 1879 and Chelmsford and his Staff review troops leaving to relieve Pearson’s No.1 Column besieged at ESHOWE.

91st Highlanders and Naval Brigade
CHELMSFORDREVIEW4.jpg

91st Highlander pipers raise a huge cheer

CHELMSFORDREVIEW3.jpg

Natal Volunteer Guides include elements of the Natal Native Horse, Frontier Light Horse and Natal Mounted Police

CHELMSFORDREVIEW1.jpg

CHELMSFORDREVIEW2.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hello Martyn,

This is a grand set of pictures of Lord Chelmsford and his staff officers reviewing his troops.

It is great to have the bagpipers included in the march pass.

Thanks very much,

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Hello Martyn,

This is a grand set of pictures of Lord Chelmsford and his staff officers reviewing his troops.

It is great to have the bagpipers included in the march pass.

Thanks very much,

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Thank you Raymond

Oh, and by the way, My Lord, the heliograph team reports Pearson as
stating..."It's about bloody time, Freddie!"

Martyn, Great pics and figures as always. :)

Who are the two mounted figures next to Longcast? Are they other Boer scouts? Are they from a set or were they seperate?

Chuck

Martyn, Great pics and figures as always. :)

Who are the two mounted figures next to Longcast? Are they other Boer scouts? Are they from a set or were they seperate?

Chuck

Hi Chuck

They are indeed a couple of early Trophy figures, one is a Boer scout and the other an officer with the Natal Native Contingent

Glad you like them

Cheers

Oh, and by the way, My Lord, the heliograph team reports Pearson as
stating..."It's about bloody time, Freddie!"

With the famous reply "Get the kettle on I will only be an hour or two just passing a strangely named Zulu hamlet called Gingindhlovu":D

Cheers

well chuck asked the question for me about the scouts. thats a great setup. i love the mounted figures on the march, i wish they would have done more. tedtoy does some great mounted civil war figures on the march

well chuck asked the question for me about the scouts. thats a great setup. i love the mounted figures on the march, i wish they would have done more. tedtoy does some great mounted civil war figures on the march

Thank you Hawkeye, I'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Hi Chuck

They are indeed a couple of early Trophy figures, one is a Boer scout and the other an officer with the Natal Native Contingent

Glad you like them

Cheers

Martyn,
Here's my earliest FLH to go with your mounted guys! I almost thought he was early Mike Norris:eek:
Mike

Attachments

• collection1 036.jpg
    collection1 036.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 83
Glad to see you joining me and sharing your playtime with us Martyn. It's nice knowing and I'm sure Martyn will agree you enjoyed your cups of coffee Scott and my Aide de Campand will say you can't beat a cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Raymond your due to share some play time with us;););)....The Lt.

Martyn,
Here's my earliest FLH to go with your mounted guys! I almost thought he was early Mike Norris:eek:
Mike

Here is my early FLH, very similar figure to your one Mike only the scabbard is a darker brown.

P1060013.jpg

Here is a very early Piet Ulys, with paint loss to his rifle:(

P1060008.jpg

Cheers

P1060008.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)[/QUOTE]

Martyn, have you ever considered repairing/repainting the rifle. I think that it would be a easy repair. I know from experience that Humbrol enamels match most Trophy well. Just a thought. ;)

Chuck

P1060008.jpg

Cheers

Martyn, have you ever considered repairing/repainting the rifle. I think that it would be a easy repair. I know from experience that Humbrol enamels match most Trophy well. Just a thought. ;)

Chuck[/QUOTE]

Hi Chuck

Yes I will.

Cheers

A member of the Natal Native Contingent is shown making his last stand....The Lt.

005-8.jpg

017-3.jpg

STORY LINE TO BE CONTINUED

"Take that Red rag off your head and RUN!"
Nice, Lt.. Is that the NNC from the Butcher of Isandlwana set?
Mike

"Take that Red rag off your head and RUN!"
Nice, Lt.. Is that the NNC from the Butcher of Isandlwana set?
Mike

Yes he is my fatefull Aide de Camp as the story line continues Martyn. A Swazi Tribesmen is also fines himself in the same predicament as the member of the NNC.....The Lt.

007-6.jpg

022.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back