Trophy WW1 (2 Viewers)

Thanks to the kindness of Martyn, who saw a set I didn't even know existed, and bought it then offered it to me, I will be adding set EQ-64, "Cooks and Supplies" to my Trophy WWI Collection! Here are some photos that Martyn sent me of the set, an add on set to the Field Kitchen on the March set:

Cooks and Supplies arrived safely, thank you again Martyn!:smile2: Here are some photos of it on my Trophy WWI display:

Attachments

• Trophy Add on 4.jpg
    Trophy Add on 4.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Trophy Add on 3.jpg
    Trophy Add on 3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Trophy Add on 2.jpg
    Trophy Add on 2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Trophy Add on 1.jpg
    Trophy Add on 1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 339
Cooks and Supplies arrived safely, thank you again Martyn!:smile2: Here are some photos of it on my Trophy WWI display:

Looks great Louis, I'm so pleased it has found a super new home:salute::

All the best

Martyn:)

Looks great Louis, I'm so pleased it has found a super new home:salute::

All the best

Martyn,

You are true friend for thinking of me, and I appreciate it.

If I can ever return the favor, I would be thrilled to do so . . . the problem is you have virtually every Trophy set!!{sm2}

Re German Helmet Camouflage

My understanding is that all German steel helmets were issued to the troops painted in 'field grey' which varied from blue-grey to grey-green. However, the troops were then issued with paints in which to paint their own helmets the colours depending on the natural colours of the terrain on that segment of the front. Units tended to have a similar design within the unit but different units could vary markedly. I have not seen this scheme but knowing Trophy it is likely to have some basis in fact albeit the original photos would be in black and white and the exact colours are probably conjectural.

This same practice was implemented in the painting of vehicles and guns hence the great variety of camouflage schemes seen in the German Army of WWI.

I picked up a USMC Ammunition Mule and Handler as well as a set of WWI Russian Infantrymen with an officer. Photo to follow shortly.^&cool^&cool

I picked up a USMC Ammunition Mule and Handler as well as a set of WWI Russian Infantrymen with an officer. Photo to follow shortly.^&cool^&cool

Here are the photos:

Attachments

• Trophy WWI Russian Infantry.jpg
    Trophy WWI Russian Infantry.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Trophy WWI USMC Mule & Handler.jpg
    Trophy WWI USMC Mule & Handler.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 302
These are terrific additions to your collection Louis, well done{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

All the best

These are terrific additions to your collection Louis, well done{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

All the best

Thanks Martyn!:smile2:

When I was close to finishing up my Trophy Western Front collection, I thought I would try to obtain the Russian and Turkish Troops. This was the first time I ever saw one of the Trophy WWI Russian Sets for sale, so I grabbed it. I didn't even know there was a USMC Mule Handler set, so I was thrilled to grab it as well.{sm4}

Thanks Martyn!:smile2:

When I was close to finishing up my Trophy Western Front collection, I thought I would try to obtain the Russian and Turkish Troops. This was the first time I ever saw one of the Trophy WWI Russian Sets for sale, so I grabbed it. I didn't even know there was a USMC Mule Handler set, so I was thrilled to grab it as well.{sm4}
Louis: For more WWI Trophy Russians, look at my Album 10, Photo 41. Tommy

Tommy, I downloaded that photo a while ago. Those Russian standard bearers are about the nicest figures Trophy ever made!^&cool^&cool

Thanks Louis: In that same album, did you notice the Turkish soldiers and machine gun section? I agree that the detail on the Russian flags was probably the best Len did. Good luck hunting. Tommy

Thanks Louis: In that same album, did you notice the Turkish soldiers and machine gun section? I agree that the detail on the Russian flags was probably the best Len did. Good luck hunting. Tommy

Yes Tommy, thank you, I downloaded the photos of the WWI Turks as well. I will be hard after all of the WWI Russian and Turkish sets.:salute::

The same seller I bought my Trophy WWI Russian Infantry set from sold this Russian Standard Bearer two days earlier, before I ever saw it, for $125. I am so bummed, I would have paid twice as much to get it:

Attachments

• Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 1.jpg
    Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 2.jpg
    Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 3.jpg
    Trophy WWI Russian Standard Bearer 3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 312
The same seller I bought my Trophy WWI Russian Infantry set from sold this Russian Standard Bearer two days earlier, before I ever saw it, for $125. I am so bummed, I would have paid twice as much to get it:

I will keep my eyes open Louis

All the best

I will keep my eyes open Louis

All the best

Martyn,

You are a true friend, and I appreciate your help!:smile2: If you come across any Trophy WWI Russian or Turkish sets, I would be very interested.:wink2:

Thanks again,

Louis

Tommy, I also noticed the Turkish Cavalry, Turkish Camel Corps, and the Turkish Screw Gun on Mules in several of your other photos . . . I am pretty sure you have the most extensive Trophy WWI collection I have ever heard of (in much the same way as Martyn has the most extensive collection of Trophy from the eras he collects).^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

There are a bunch of Trophy WWI sets up on eBay right now with affordable buy-it-nows at or below original retail, including one of the big 8-horse Artillery teams, “The Somme Bombardment” set, two sets of Aussie Infantry from the Gallipoli campaign, the German “Cover Fire”set and several more. I am not the seller, just a public service announcement for any Trophy WWI enthusiasts out there!

Tommy, I also noticed the Turkish Cavalry, Turkish Camel Corps, and the Turkish Screw Gun on Mules in several of your other photos . . . I am pretty sure you have the most extensive Trophy WWI collection I have ever heard of (in much the same way as Martyn has the most extensive collection of Trophy from the eras he collects).^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Thanks Louis. Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back