Trophy WW1 (3 Viewers)

picture.php
The Skoda Mortar. Not Trophy but it should have been.

Quite a mean looking beast:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Quite a mean looking beast:cool:

Cheers

picture.php
Another closer photo. Used by the Austro-Hungarian Army as a seige mortar, capable of firing a 630 lb shell 10,500 yds to penetrate six feet of reinforced concrete. 79 were built and each weighed almost 50,000 pounds. Germany rebuilt some for use in WWII as the Morser(Figarti). Only four survive today.

Yes, it's one of the wonders of the Great War, indeed... I have two sets with a crew to be assembled and painted yet :rolleyes:
I also have a rare book in Polish (I can not read it :eek:) about this cannon with many wonderful pictures..
Al

Attachments

• skoda.jpg
    skoda.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 380
..............and here are the catalogue details

EQ74.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

I just read this thread, and, having just purchased "the Somme Siege Train" set, I was very interested by the portion of the catalogue you posted. I may have to try to get the other vehicles you listed, especially the search light lorry and the motorized ambulance. I think they will look great with my Heco Tinplate WWI vehicles. I thank you, my wallet does not.:wink2::tongue:

Martyn,

I just read this thread, and, having just purchased "the Somme Siege Train" set, I was very interested by the portion of the catalogue you posted. I may have to try to get the other vehicles you listed, especially the search light lorry and the motorized ambulance. I think they will look great with my Heco Tinplate WWI vehicles. I thank you, my wallet does not.:wink2::tongue:

Happy to help Louis :salute:: unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the sets:eek:

Cheers

attachment.php
Louis: Lynn made several of these just before he sold. It is not in Martyn's catalogue. This one came from his buyer but it can be painted dark green glossy. I will post the searchlight lorry next week.

Happy to help Louis :salute:: unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the sets:eek:

Cheers

I've been looking through the "Trophy" thread, and "Trophy WWI" thread, and I have seen photos of the Dennis Searchlight Lorry (awesome), the motor ambulance and a WWI bus carrying troops. Very cool stuff, and for some reason, while the rest of Trophy items have dramitically appreciated in value, the WWI items are available for less than retail. I'll keep my eyes open, and see if I can't pick up some more.

attachment.php
Louis: Lynn made several of these just before he sold. It is not in Martyn's catalogue. This one came from his buyer but it can be painted dark green glossy. I will post the searchlight lorry next week.

That's the bus I mentioned in my previous post. Just awesome!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

I've been looking through the "Trophy" thread, and "Trophy WWI" thread, and I have seen photos of the Dennis Searchlight Lorry (awesome), the motor ambulance and a WWI bus carrying troops. Very cool stuff, and for some reason, while the rest of Trophy items have dramitically appreciated in value, the WWI items are available for less than retail. I'll keep my eyes open, and see if I can't pick up some more.

Except for the Russian Ikon Standard Bearer, but he still only goes for about $100.00

Dave

Just picked up 3 WWI Australians (one marching at the trail, the other two walking with their rifles up side down over their shoulders) to display alongside my Dennis Truck, Limber and Field Gun. :smile2:

Gentlemen,

Did Trophy ever make any WWI pilot figures?

If so, these would be a must have for me.

There are some WW I Germans that just showed up on ebay Louis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back