Trophy WW1 (11 Viewers)

for $750? Haha , not on your life. Maybe for $300 i would but i think he is trying to make back the discount on what you paid on this piece

It has sold and it was not me, I clicked on it and it say sold! I need that set, agree 750 is high, but never see it.
Tom

The Turks and the casualty figure arrived safely, and thankfully, not a chip or defect to be found (Greg whoever told you they were all beat up is nuts). I've purchased from this seller previously many times and everything has always arrived like it was the first time out of the box. Here are a few photos of all but three Trophy WWI Gallipoli figures on my little diorama (completely overcrowded):

Attachments

• Gallipoli Diorama 1.jpeg
    Gallipoli Diorama 1.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Gallipoli Diorama 2.jpeg
    Gallipoli Diorama 2.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 152
  • Gallipoli Diorama 3.jpeg
    Gallipoli Diorama 3.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Gallipoli Diorama 4.jpeg
    Gallipoli Diorama 4.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 149
Here is a shot of the WWI British Casualty figure from the Trophy Motor Ambulance Set, with the stretcher team from the set and a Trophy horse drawn ambulance:

Attachments

• Casualty 1.jpeg
    Casualty 1.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 167
Our good friend Tom Dubel has a Trophy Searchlight Truck (mint in the box with the certificates) and Horse Drawn gun team for sale on ebay right now. Go get them gentlemen!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Our good friend Tom Dubel has a Trophy Searchlight Truck (mint in the box with the certificates) and Horse Drawn gun team for sale on ebay right now. Go get them gentlemen!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Selling a few duplicates as I am unpacking boxes. Thanks Louis for the shout out. Before anyone has heart failure, I am actually selling these for at or near original retail price from Trophy of Texas. As I have reminded myself and others over the years, Trophy was never cheap! That said, they are still my favorite all time glossy toy soldiers!
Tom

Selling a few duplicates as I am unpacking boxes. Thanks Louis for the shout out. Before anyone has heart failure, I am actually selling these for at or near original retail price from Trophy of Texas. As I have reminded myself and others over the years, Trophy was never cheap! That said, they are still my favorite all time glossy toy soldiers!
Tom
Tom,

if you have a duplicate of the Gray Bus with the sailors or Royal Marines please keep me in mind!👍👍

Tom,

if you have a duplicate of the Gray Bus with the sailors or Royal Marines please keep me in mind!👍👍

Thanks to the kindness of good friend Tom Dubel, I will be adding the Gray Bus, and the alternate version of "The Somme Siege Train," so now need only the Motor Ambulance to complete Trophy's WWI Western Front offerings.{sm4}

Check out this link to an ebay auction for 18 of the same Trophy WWI Turkish Cavalry figure:

TROPHY OF WALES DIE-CAST 18 MOUNTED ARABIAN SOLDIERS WITH FLAGS - 36 PIECES | eBay

Based on the photographs in the auction, and the fact that I have three of this figure, I am fairly certain that the information we have received that only ten of each Turkish figure was made is inaccurate.{sm2}

By the way, Greg, any interest in bidding on this set, and splitting the cost and the figures 50-50? I don't need 18 more Turkish lancers. LOL

check out this link to an ebay auction for 18 of the same trophy wwi turkish cavalry figure:

trophy of wales die-cast 18 mounted arabian soldiers with flags - 36 pieces | ebay

based on the photographs in the auction, and the fact that i have three of this figure, i am fairly certain that the information we have received that only ten of each turkish figure was made is inaccurate.{sm2}

by the way, greg, any interest in bidding on this set, and splitting the cost and the figures 50-50? I don't need 18 more turkish lancers. Lol
hold on louis i might not be inaccurate. I saw these and was suspicious. Something does not look right. I was really excited when i saw them and then i inspected them more closely. I came home
and compared them to mine. First off the eyes are wrong. I have 4000 trophy figures and i only had one ste where the eyes were white circles with big blacks eyes on them. It was a set of imperial guard running. I sold them immediately. Also on these the bed rolls are too light colored. On mine the swords hanging on sides are black not silver. Also all the hores legs are black on thr bottom of the legs not whit or brown. . But the eyes are absolutley not painted by trophy. I think somebody got the molds and painted these. Or maybe they were rejected painted samples but something is not right. I like your idea of splitting them though. What does everyone else think about some of the issues i see with the paint job. Maybe martyn knows something

hold on louis i might not be inaccurate. I saw these and was suspicious. Something does not look right. I was really excited when i saw them and then i inspected them more closely. I came home
and compared them to mine. First off the eyes are wrong. I have 4000 trophy figures and i only had one ste where the eyes were white circles with big blacks eyes on them. It was a set of imperial guard running. I sold them immediately. Also on these the bed rolls are too light colored. On mine the swords hanging on sides are black not silver. Also all the hores legs are black on thr bottom of the legs not whit or brown. . But the eyes are absolutley not painted by trophy. I think somebody got the molds and painted these. Or maybe they were rejected painted samples but something is not right. I like your idea of splitting them though. What does everyone else think about some of the issues i see with the paint job. Maybe martyn knows something

They are definitely Trophy Castings. It looks like the base is more of a matte finish, or very soft gloss. I am wondering if these were Ken Jackson painting when he bought the Trophy Moulds? I don't know if Mike Norris from Little Legion would know anything about these as they may have been after his tenure.

Tom

Tom,

Whether they are Trophy casting painted by Len's successor or Len period Trophy, if you decide to take a run at them, I will defer the cost by buying 5-6 if you like.

Also all my lancer flags are solid red, and my horse eyes are alot different they dont have big white circles with black dots in the middle. Some amatuer did this. These paint jobs did not make it through lens quality control. I got mine from mike at trophy of texas who ordered them from the factory direct

Greg,
The lances look different, your lances are solid red and not half red and half white.

I think these are from the Maison Militaire ownership where he did very little commercially, but I know he had some special orders painted. I would bet on it here. Also, the pictures are not the best, so I can't tell full quality from those photos.

Odd thing is, knowing the seller, these did come from a Trophy collector as they have sold a good deal of trophy and all they sell are collections.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back