Trophy - zulu war sets (1 Viewer)

Count me in also Martyn. Splendid sets. Those oxen without bases are tough to put up.

Tommy,

Solely in the interest of helping a fellow collector, I will be happy to help set those oxen up. Please send them to me and I will be happy to photograph them for you!

Last edited:
132 years ago and the Invasion of Zululand begins

ADVANCEINTOZULULAND1.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn,

I am glad to see that the troops will be well supplied.

Brian

Tommy,

Solely in the interest of helping a fellow collector, I will be happy to help set those oxen up. Please send them to me and I will be happy to photograph them for you!
Hi Lawrence: Thanks for your kind offer. Actually I could use someone to help me collect cans and bottles so I can try to stay up with Martyn.

Hi Lawrence: Thanks for your kind offer. Actually I could use someone to help me collect cans and bottles so I can try to stay up with Martyn.

Tommy,
Even with my help (and I can collect a lot of bottles - having a restaurant helps), it is a useless endeavor to try to keep up with Martyn. Didn't you hear the rumor that he is Len's long lost son? :eek: Amazing how this forum brings collectors and families together :) He would not confirm or deny it, but with all these toys he keeps bringing out, makes you wonder...:p:D So, I would respectfully suggest another course of action - instead of a frontal assault, you feint a diversion by starting to collect more Mignot and send your Trophy to me so our newly combined forces of camels, elephants, oxen, artillery and ships pound him and his pipers into submission..... Well, I didn't think you would go for it, but it was worth a try:rolleyes: There is Plan B - will keep it hush hush for now so as to keep Martyn on his toes;) In the meantime, we will just have to sit back, bide our time and enjoy the show:D

Many thanks Tommy, Lawrence (I think:p:D) and Brian

I've had a quick tot up of the Oxen and the herd has grow to around 24, you can never have too many Oxen, especially if you want to haul all that ammo;)

Cheers

This will be needed to cross the River

PONTOON WAGON ON THE MARCH set#EQ35

ADVANCEINTOZULULAND6-PONTOONWAGON.jpg

One of the many horse drawn supply wagons which followed the field kitchen

GENERAL SERVICE WAGON WITH SHEETED LOAD - 24TH FOOT set#EQ29A

ADVANCEINTOZULULAND5-SUPPLYWAGON.jpg

Many of these will be needed before the Zulu are finally defeated at ULUNDI

GENERAL SERVICE AMBULANCE set#EQ22

ADVANCEINTOZULULAND4-FIELDAMBULANCE.jpg

Not so much walking wounded as riding wounded.

The stretchers in the back will be in demand soon

ADVANCEINTOZULULAND-WOUNDED.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,
That pontoon section is fabulous, do you know if they did more then one variation.
JW

Martyn,
That pontoon section is fabulous, do you know if they did more then one variation.
JW

Thanks John

This is the other Trophy Pontoon set# EQ33 - UNLOADING THE PONTOON

ZULUWAR-PONTOONUNLOADING.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,
JW
picture.php
John: My set has different helmets than Martyn's and I am missing the two horse handlers it seems. Sorry about the poor photo quality. Excellent sets Martyn.

picture.php
John: My set has different helmets than Martyn's and I am missing the two horse handlers it seems. Sorry about the poor photo quality. Excellent sets Martyn.

Thanks Tommy. I think if you check your box it is set#EQ33 - EGYPT and THE SUDAN, the puggaree on the helmets is grey on that set.

Cheers

You ain't kidding! I've never seen so many different Trophy sets before Martyn joined the forum. :cool: I'm going out to stand in the rain now. :rolleyes::D

Jeff

Get back indoors Jeff, don't go catching the flue now:D

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back